• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Great Recipes That Kids Love!

In summary, Karen's kids love the Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone & Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake.....Karen's son (6) and daughter (4) both want noodles (spaghetti, egg noodles, or Ramen soup), nuggets or spaghettios, and hot dogs. Karen's kids like many of the DCB Micro recipes....her son's favorite is the Smoky BBQ Chicken, and her daughter's favorite is the 15m chicken fajitas. Karen's kids also like the Mexican Chicken Lasagna or Beef Enchilada Caserole (Sub beef for chicken, cheddar and monterrey jack for cheese
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Morning all -

I am a little stuck on finding recipes that kids love! Anyone have a favorite that they can pass along? I have two boys (6 and 4) who seem to only want chicken nuggets and hot dogs! Help!

Thanks,
Karen

My kids love the Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone & Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake.....

I have a 6yr old boy and a 4yr old girl, and all they want to eat is noodles (spaghetti, egg noodles, or Ramen soup), nuggets or spaghettios. They'll eat hot dogs too. Trying to get them to eat anything is a challenge. I am looking forward to other people's recipe successes!

Surprisingly, my kids like many of the DCB Micro recipes....my son is 7 and my daughter is 4....here's their fav's:
Smoky BBQ Chicken (They LOVE, LOVE this one)
15m chicken fajitas (I don't serve them the onion or bell pepper)
12m pork tenderloin

Mexican Chicken Lasagna or Beef Enchilada Caserole (Sub beef for chicken, cheddar and monterrey jack for cheese blend)

Shepherd's Pie
30m Lasagna

Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites are a healthier alternative to chicken nuggets, and kids love them!They are in the 29 Mins Vol I cookbook. My son loves to help me make them!He also loves the Pronto Pizza Patties in the It's Good For You Cookbook, and he loves Creamy One Pot Pasta. Oh - and the Spinach Carbonara Pizza is his favorite!

I made the South-of-the-Border Meatloaf this week, and my two boys (8 & 6) loved it. In fact, I had made it before leaving for a meeting. (I did the oven method) So they ate while I was gone. I had never made this one before, but when I got home, they about mobbed me...all 3 of them (my boys and DH) said "That was the BEST meatloaf ever! You can make that again!!". I didn't even ask them about it! They just blurted it out! It was delicious- tastes like a taco almost! They also love the Skillet Ravioli (I don't add the peppers...I sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes on mine and my DH's, but leave the dish without). The Easy Skillet Lasagna is yummy and both dishes are easy- so for those pasta lovers...it's great, and quick!All 3 of those recipes are in the most recent couple of SB's. The Ravioli and Meatloaf is in the one right now. The Lasagna I think is in the one before that.My kids used to be that way...but now we don't do the 'short order' cooking too much. They have to eat what we are eating- at least make a concerted effort to try it. They've discovered more foods they really like, and we've gotten away from "the food rut" with them. If I think of more, I'll post.

esavvymom said:
I made the South-of-the-Border Meatloaf this week, and my two boys (8 & 6) loved it. In fact, I had made it before leaving for a meeting. (I did the oven method) So they ate while I was gone. I had never made this one before, but when I got home, they about mobbed me...all 3 of them (my boys and DH) said "That was the BEST meatloaf ever! You can make that again!!". I didn't even ask them about it! They just blurted it out!

It was delicious- tastes like a taco almost!

They also love the Skillet Ravioli (I don't add the peppers...I sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes on mine and my DH's, but leave the dish without). The Easy Skillet Lasagna is yummy and both dishes are easy- so for those pasta lovers...it's great, and quick!

All 3 of those recipes are in the most recent couple of SB's. The Ravioli and Meatloaf is in the one right now. The Lasagna I think is in the one before that.

My kids used to be that way...but now we don't do the 'short order' cooking too much. They have to eat what we are eating- at least make a concerted effort to try it. They've discovered more foods they really like, and we've gotten away from "the food rut" with them. If I think of more, I'll post.

That's our rule! I only make one meal at a time. My son, (5 1/2) is very good about eating what we eat. I know there are things he really doesn't like....so I don't make him eat those (like white potatoes in almost any form - strange I know!) because there were some things I didn't like growing up, and no amount of forcing me has made me like them (lima beans, green pepper, raisins) but for the most part, he is a very good eater, and eats whatever we are eating. He has learned to eat what he doesn't like as much first, and get it out of the way...and then enjoy what he does like. Last night, we had pizza, and salad. He doesn't do well with lettuce, so I had sliced veggies (carrots, cucumber, grape tomatoes) and ranch dressing for him. He ate all of his veggies first, and then a slice of pizza. He thinks he's being smart eating the veggies first so he can enjoy the pizza, and I'm happy, because by doing that, I can always guarantee he gets his veggies. :)

My kids are the same age and they love the Asian Noodle Skillet. They'll eat a lot of the one-dish meals made in the skillet or the DCB. They know that they don't get anything else if they choose not to eat what we're having for dinner. Usually they'll come back and finish eating it after a little bit.

ChefBeckyD said:
Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites are a healthier alternative to chicken nuggets, and kids love them!

They are in the 29 Mins Vol I cookbook. My son loves to help me make them!

He also loves the Pronto Pizza Patties in the It's Good For You Cookbook, and he loves Creamy One Pot Pasta. Oh - and the Spinach Carbonara Pizza is his favorite!

I have done this several times at my Kids in the Kitchen Workshops. Several parents have told me their kids make them. I made them also at a Show in January for a Host who had asked for a "healthy recipe". She used the Salsa flavored Sun Chips when she made them the next week and liked them even better. When we make them, we use chicken tenders and don't cut up in bite-size pieces. He can eat 3 by himself and he is 3 years old!

When my kids and I make our own baked chicken nuggets, we call them "Chicken Toes" (from a Rachael Ray kids' episode). They love it. That's how we got them to switch from the processed chicken nuggets and fish sticks when they were younger. Now they only get them when we make them from real chicken/breading, and same for fish sticks. It took some time...but eventually, I can still make alot of their "comfort foods" but I can make them from scratch. Sometimes if I'm making fish, I'll make two fillets the way DH and I like them, and then bread 2-3 fillets into sticks for the kids. Then we have the same veggies, etc. We make our own dough/pizza, our own mac-n-cheese, etc.Gradually, I think doing that did help get them away from the processed versions and get them to expand their tastes.

esavvymom said:
When my kids and I make our own baked chicken nuggets, we call them "Chicken Toes" (from a Rachael Ray kids' episode). They love it. That's how we got them to switch from the processed chicken nuggets and fish sticks when they were younger. Now they only get them when we make them from real chicken/breading, and same for fish sticks. It took some time...but eventually, I can still make alot of their "comfort foods" but I can make them from scratch. Sometimes if I'm making fish, I'll make two fillets the way DH and I like them, and then bread 2-3 fillets into sticks for the kids. Then we have the same veggies, etc. We make our own dough/pizza, our own mac-n-cheese, etc.

Gradually, I think doing that did help get them away from the processed versions and get them to expand their tastes.

That's funny Bobbi! Sounds exactly like what goes on at our house!

PLUS - it helps kids understand more the process of where their food comes from, and I think it makes them more mindful of what/how they eat. My son knows that fruits, veggies, nuts, and cheeses are acceptable snacks anytime - but sugary snacks or processed snacks are occasional treats.

One of our favorite is the Asian noodle skillet, except i do not put in the seasoning pack from the noodles. Instead i put way more of the asian seas. in, and a lot ot pressed garlic on the meat.

Creamy one pot pasta, i mix a match the veggies, whatever i have on hand. Also i put regular grated cheese in it, since the cream cheese is just way too creamy for me.

I am the crazy cook who makes everything from scratch, do not own a microwave oven, doesn't have any canned, packaged, premade, whatever on hand. We usually go to macdonalds and such fast food restaurants, a couple times of year. other than that we eat out in a chinese r. where they do not put msg in the food, and a pizza place where the guy makes everything from scratch.
I do not cut the crust off the bread, so much that i make our bread and the crust on it is really hard (sometimes). My kids don't mind.

Sometimes when i make something different, then the only rule i make is try it and NEVER EVER say i don't like this. My daughter will eat almost anything until she hears OH i hate this!, from Bro. This way they seem to try more things, and enjoy it more. My son, who has not liked any form of potato (mashed fries, any form!) now likes it, but it took over 3 years.

Are we weird? I do not think so. Do we eat more nutritious food? I hope so!

If there is anyone out there who thinks similarly (WAPF, holistic, and such), i would like to start a tread for us. Talk about our "challenges".
Let me know in private mails if you are interested.

What are some easy and healthy recipes that kids will love?

We have plenty of recipes that are both delicious and nutritious for kids. Some popular ones include homemade pizza with whole wheat crust, veggie-loaded mac and cheese, and chicken and vegetable stir-fry.

Do you have any recipes that are picky eater approved?

Yes, we understand the struggle of picky eaters. That's why we have a variety of recipes that have been tested and approved by picky eaters. Our chicken nuggets, homemade granola bars, and fruit smoothies are just a few examples.

Are there any recipes that are quick and easy for busy weeknights?

Absolutely! Our one-pot pasta dishes, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker recipes are perfect for those busy nights when you need a quick and easy meal. Plus, they're all kid-friendly!

Can you recommend any recipes that are budget-friendly?

We have many recipes that are both delicious and budget-friendly. Our black bean and cheese quesadillas, tuna salad sandwiches, and vegetable fried rice are just a few examples of meals that won't break the bank.

Do you have any recipes that kids can help make?

Yes, we have several recipes that are kid-friendly and easy for little ones to help with. Our mini fruit pizzas, homemade granola bars, and veggie-loaded mini quiches are all fun and simple recipes for kids to assist with in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • pc ri lisa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies