• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids in the Kitchen: Recipes for Little Ones!

In summary, the author suggests recipes that do not require baking, are fast to make, and can be easily done by kids. One suggestion is for pizza, where the kids can put toppings on their own. Another suggestion is for sugar cookies, where everyone can put toppings on their own. Finally, the author suggests an 18-page file with recipes for cooking with kids.
4kids4me
I'm doing a Kids in the Kitchen show next week and I'm looking for recipes that little ones can easily do (with moms) that dont' require baking. I'm inviting a LOT of people and have no idea how many will show - so I'm also hoping for something cheap, lol. And fast - the kids coming will be around the age of 4!!! Thanks for your advice!

Taffy Apple Pizza is always a hit. You could bake the crust ahead (maybe make 2) then the kids can do the apples. It's easy for them and they LOVE to do it. The moms can mix up the pb mixture...Lemonade in the Quick Stir is good, too. Easy and yummy. Let the moms slice the lemons in the mandoline!

For TAP, make regular sized sugar cookies. Then everyone can put toppings on their own.However, with peanut allergies taking over the population of small children (why does it seem like EVERY kid under the age of 7 is allergic?), this is probably not a good recipe choice.But you could do fruit pizza the same way. Bake up a batch of sugar cookies, mix cream cheese with a little sugar and vanilla, and give the kids strawberries and bananas to slice with the My Safe Cutter or the Egg Slicer.

Do you have an outline for your Kids in the Kitchen show? I just booked one and have never done one before...help!!?

I like these ideas, and you're right about the peanut allergy!! I don't have my own outline, I was going to use one in files. :) There's an AWESOME file in there for cooking with kids that's 18 pages long. I just searched "kids" and it came up. It's really, really good. :) Hm, I really like the idea of doing individual cookies to do the fruit pizza. sounds easy enough. The PB balls, after I thought about it, would've been really really messy!!

What age range is appropriate for these recipes?

The "Kids in the Kitchen" recipes are designed for children ages 4-10. However, children of all ages can participate in the cooking process with adult supervision.

Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for these recipes are common and can be found at most grocery stores. We also provide alternative ingredient options for any dietary restrictions or preferences.

Do these recipes require any special equipment?

Most of the recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment such as mixing bowls, measuring cups, and spoons. Some recipes may require a blender or food processor, but alternatives can also be used.

Are the recipes healthy and nutritious?

Yes, the "Kids in the Kitchen" recipes focus on using fresh, whole ingredients and avoiding processed foods. We also provide options for incorporating fruits and vegetables into each recipe.

Can children make these recipes on their own?

Some of the recipes may require adult supervision and assistance, especially when using kitchen appliances or cooking over heat. However, most of the recipes are simple enough for children to make with minimal adult help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • Pampered Angel