• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Needing Healthy & Kid Friendly Recipes

In summary, the chef is teaching a class at the elementary school for a special after school program. They have asked that he keep the recipe fairly healthy and he has found some fabulous ideas, but he would love to hear personal testimonies to some good tried and true ultra-kid friendly recipes that will require little bake time and can be completed in 45 minutes or less.
missyciccolella
:chef: I am teaching a class at the kids' elementary school for a special after school program...obviously it is "Kids in the Kitchen". They have asked that I keep the recipe fairly healthy...darn, they all can't be desserts:angel: ! Anyway, I've scrolled through the files and found some fabulous ideas, but I would love to hear some personal testimonies to some good tried and true ultra-kid friendly recipes that will require little bake time, and can be completed in 45 minutes or less. My age range is 4-5th grade (I may have 1-2 3rd graders too). So, I'd love to hear what your kids dig! :chef:

yikes!!! What a challenge! you can easily have some picky kids! my kids aren't very picky, because I won't cater to them and they've learn to eat what I make or starve! ;) One thing I was thinking of was apple berry salsa with cinnamon chips? hmmm..... or fluffy peanut butter dip with apples. Low fat cheese quesidillas but not sure what to tell you to add to those, so you'd show more products?
or a fondue type thing with veggie or fruit dippers (cheese fondue for the veggies, and chocolate mouse for fruit) ....... Not sure, as I said, my kids eat what they are served so I don't try hard to please them! I cook good and they really like my food! They are good kids!
Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Last edited:
I don't have any recipe ideas for you, but I just wanted to say to make sure you check with the school about food allergies before you pick your recipes. Most schools have banned nuts, but at the school I work at, if one student has a dairy or egg allergy, everything has to be dairy free. Some schools allow it and just require a substitution such as soy milk for that child. I just thought I'd remind you to check first. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

chefbritt said:
I don't have any recipe ideas for you, but I just wanted to say to make sure you check with the school about food allergies before you pick your recipes. Most schools have banned nuts, but at the school I work at, if one student has a dairy or egg allergy, everything has to be dairy free. Some schools allow it and just require a substitution such as soy milk for that child. I just thought I'd remind you to check first. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!
good point! you can see that I don't have food allergies in my house, because i was suggesting foods that have some of those factors. Apple berry salsa would probably be okay.....

MissChef said:
yikes!!! What a challenge! you can easily have some picky kids! my kids aren't very picky, because I won't cater to them and they've learn to eat what I make or starve! ;) One thing I was thinking of was apple berry salsa with cinnamon chips? hmmm..... or fluffy peanut butter dip with apples. Low fat cheese quesidillas but not sure what to tell you to add to those, so you'd show more products?
or a fondue type thing with veggie or fruit dippers (cheese fondue for the veggies, and chocolate mouse for fruit) ....... Not sure, as I said, my kids eat what they are served so I don't try hard to please them! I cook good and they really like my food! They are good kids!
Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
Thanks for the ideas...I'm not so concerned with showing products as this is a volunteer project. I will be allowed to send home a catalog at the end, but I'm not doing this for the business.

chefbritt said:
I've already checked and asked. Thanks!

What's the name of that recipe in the 29 minutes cookbook that uses sun chips to coat the chicken? It's really good.

I know what you're talking about, but the name escapes me too...I have 7 classes to teach and was going to 1 about breakfast, 1 about lunch, 1 dessert, 1 snacks, and I'm debating on the other 3 topics. I may do 1 all about veggies and another all about fruit as well. I was actually thinking of doing the Cheeseburger Salad recipe for 1 class...I've never met a kid who didn't like a burger so this would be a neat twist.

1. How can I make healthier versions of my family's favorite meals?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of making meals that are both nutritious and appealing to your children. Our recipes often incorporate healthier ingredients, such as using whole wheat flour instead of white flour, using lean proteins, and including plenty of vegetables. We also offer a variety of kitchen tools, such as our Spiral & Slice and Veggie Strip Maker, to help you easily incorporate more veggies into your meals.

2. Are there any recipes that are both healthy and quick to make?

Yes, we have a wide selection of recipes that are not only healthy but also quick and easy to make. Our One-Pot Chicken and Vegetable Pasta and Sheet Pan Fajitas are just a few examples of meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less. We also offer meal prep and make-ahead options to help you save time in the kitchen.

3. Can I get my kids involved in cooking these meals?

Absolutely! We believe that getting kids involved in the kitchen is a great way to teach them about healthy eating and develop important life skills. Our recipes often include steps that are perfect for little helpers, such as mixing, measuring, and assembling. We also have a selection of tools designed specifically for kids, such as our Kid's Pizza Set and Kid's Cookie Baking Set.

4. Are there any recipes that are picky eater-approved?

We understand that picky eaters can make meal planning a challenge. That's why we offer a variety of recipes that are kid-friendly and picky eater-approved. Our Mini Corn Dog Muffins and Hidden Veggie Mac and Cheese are just a couple of examples of meals that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. We also have tips and tricks for sneaking in extra nutrients without sacrificing flavor.

5. How can I make sure my family is getting all the necessary nutrients in their meals?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in balance and variety in meals. Our recipes often include a mix of protein, whole grains, and vegetables to ensure a well-rounded meal. We also offer a variety of recipes that cater to specific dietary needs, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. Additionally, we have a nutrition calculator on our website to help you track the nutritional information of our recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • KirstenAnne