• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes for Zucchini and Squash?

In summary, my sister-in-law made a casserole-y type of side dish with squash and apples. It was good. Maybe you can search for something like that. You can finely chop up the zucchini and put it in your spaghetti sauce. Another thing I do with mine is make a veggie stir-fry.
4kids4me
I have a counter FULL of zucchini and squash from the garden. I am ISO recipes for these. I have 5 kids and my dh to feed - ALL of which are pretty finicky. I'm hoping to find healthy recipes (not sweet Z bread, lol) that they'll either eat willingly, or eat unknowingly, lol!!

TIA!

My sis once made a casserole-y type of side dish with squash and apples. It was good. Maybe you can search for something like that.

You can finely chop up the zuccini and put it in your spaghetti sauce.

I love to do this with zuccini and squash:
Slice bell peppers and saute in olive oil. Slice up zuccini and squash and onions and add to saute, add garlic. Then scoot them all around to the perimeter of your skillet. Add a little more oil to the center and put in chicken tenders or cut up chicken. Sprinkle seasoned salt, a little chili powder, a little paprika, a little lemon herb and saute that. When the chicken is mostly cooked through, stir around the veggies and continue to cook till everything is almost done. Then, if you want, add one can of drained tomatoes. Stir and cook till heated through and everything is tender. Really yummy. Great served with brown rice.

This is for squash casserole ~ it might (?) be yummy to put some of the zucchini in there as well, but I've never tried it that way. This recipe came from my brother's pre-school teacher, and she fed it to all the kids and they LOVED it. I love this recipe and it is so easy to make.

Squash Casserole

6-7 squash
1/4 onion
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 sticks butter
Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or other)
1 1/2 tubes Ritz crackers

Boil together squash and onions. Drain well and return to pan. Beat egg and milk together, then pour into squash mixture. Add 1/2 stick butter and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into large baking dish and top with cheese. In another bowl, mix together crumbled Ritz crackers and 1 stick of melted butter. Pour cracker mixture on top of squash mixture in dish. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until set.

I just sliced it and put it in my homemade spagetti sauce the other day.

You could also grate it and add to omeletes.

Make hush puppies and add sqaush to them. I LOVE them like this!

Just slicing long ways several times to make spears. Marinate in italian dressing and pop on the grill. Most everyone loves it that way.

I like to saute' my zucchini & squash in our garlic oil, sprinkled with crushed peppercorn & garlic rub. They get all caramelized & yummy. Sometimes I then toss those into Spaghetti sauce. Other times, we eat them plain.

Another thing I do with mine is make a veggie stir-fry. I use a stir-fry sauce from the asian section of the store. Yummy!

my mother-n-law said that you can make an apple crisp with zucchini, and you will never know it is zucchini

I slice Squash, Zucchini, red onion thin and then saute in olive oil and garlic. I add salt and pepper to taste. I sometimes add the crushed peppercorn and garlic rub. At the end I will slice or chunk up tomatoes and saute till soft. So yummy and the kids love it.

My friend makes "apple pie" and uses zuchini instead of apples. You can't tell the difference and you can add the zuchinni to squash cassarole, I make it with yellow and zuchinni all the time.

cut and grill/sautée with our citrus basil rub.... AMAZING!

1. How can I make zucchini and squash noodles without a spiralizer?

To make zucchini and squash noodles without a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to create thin, flat noodles. Alternatively, you can use a grater to shred the zucchini and squash into noodle-like strips.

2. Can I use frozen zucchini and squash in these recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen zucchini and squash in these recipes. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess water before using them in your dish.

3. What is the best way to cook zucchini and squash?

The best way to cook zucchini and squash will depend on the recipe you are making. They can be sautéed, roasted, grilled, or even used raw in salads. Experiment with different methods to find your favorite.

4. Can I substitute zucchini for yellow squash in these recipes?

Yes, you can substitute zucchini for yellow squash in these recipes. They have a similar texture and taste, so they can be used interchangeably in most dishes.

5. How can I prevent my zucchini and squash from getting soggy?

To prevent your zucchini and squash from getting soggy, make sure to not overcook them. They should still have a slight crunch when done. Also, be sure to drain any excess water from the vegetables before adding them to your dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lamarquepchef
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies