• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Show Recipes...need a Little Help!

In summary, Kelly was thinking of offering two recipes for the month, one savory and one sweet, and letting the host choose between the two. She also thought of offering theme shows, which has been helpful with her bookings.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I'd like to know what everyone does in terms of deciding a recipe for your shows. I find myself scrambling to think up a recipe every time I'm talking to a host. I don't have a good plan at all and was hoping to get some ideas.

I was thinking about picking two recipes for the month, one savory and one sweet, and giving the host a choice between the two. Something else I find myself doing is I keep going back to the same recipes. I'm a little nervous to try different ones at shows, even if I've made them at home.

I also thought about offering themes, but not sure how to go about it. I want to keep things relatively simple, as I often find myself making my business complicated and then I get overwhelmed.

I usually try to pick one for the month and just do that. It allows me to keep my kit packed (other than the things that I use regularly in my own kitchen that I don't have duplicates of, like forged cutlery), and by the 2nd or 3rd show, I don't need to look at the recipe any more. :) I'll tell my hosts that "I've been having great success with recipe xx, which is delicious and shows off a lot of tools." If they have a problem with it, like food allergies, then I suggest another one.For July, I'm making the Stars and Stripes Layered Salad in the Trifle Bowl, with Triple Citrus Mojitos as the drink. (Drinks can be an easy way to show a lot more tools, and they're fun.) In the past, I let my hosts choose any recipe they wanted. But I found that it was overwhelming to them, or they didn't know many PC recipes to suggest one. I know we're not doing the demo to sell recipes, but doing a PC one allows me to talk about the cookbooks and maybe get a few sales that way.

I have been offering theme shows. I used to think that themes were more difficult, but remember that you only have to give them ONE option per theme! If you like demoing the tiramisu brownies...that can be your demo for a Death by Choc show...if you like demoing the Chicken Enchilada Ring...it can be your demo for a Mexican Margarita show...

I have noticed that the more choices I give people, they get overwhelmed and say "what do you think?" to me anyways. If they really hate a recipe that you suggest, THEN you can think of a second option to offer.

Theme shows have really been helping my bookings...people THINK they are something special and different, but it's really just the image of FUN that the theme projects. Your demo/show can still be identical!

I offer the same 5-6 recipes all season. This season they are all new recipes from the currect SBRC. Last season was a few of the theme shows and a couple classics. That way I'm familiar with what I'm making and my crate can be packed at all times!

KellyTheChef said:
I have been offering theme shows. I used to think that themes were more difficult, but remember that you only have to give them ONE option per theme! If you like demoing the tiramisu brownies...that can be your demo for a Death by Choc show...if you like demoing the Chicken Enchilada Ring...it can be your demo for a Mexican Margarita show...

I have noticed that the more choices I give people, they get overwhelmed and say "what do you think?" to me anyways. If they really hate a recipe that you suggest, THEN you can think of a second option to offer.

Theme shows have really been helping my bookings...people THINK they are something special and different, but it's really just the image of FUN that the theme projects. Your demo/show can still be identical!

I really like your idea, Kelly! You're right, if you promote it well, they will think they are getting something special! I've heard of people offering certain "themes" for one particular month of the year (for example, Hawaiian theme in January only). That makes people want to book for that month.

So, I put together a couple of "themes" and am wondering if you guys can give me some feedback. Thought I would create more and add them to the binder I pass around at my shows.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Attachments

• Mexican Fiesta Theme.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 426
  • Chocoholic Theme.doc
    39 KB · Views: 495
I made these and thought I would share!I love a Mexican themed show~ here is the invite I made & the shopping list to go with it!

Attachments

• PC Summer Mexican invite.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 450
  • PC Sum Mex Shopping list.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 375
I offer 3 themes for each season - an appetizer, a main dish and a dessert that fits whatever season the show will be in (i.e., June - Aug. - salads and fruity stuff, Sept - Nov. - apples, cranberries, pumpkin, chicken, etc.) Good luck!

Hi there! I completely understand your struggle with choosing recipes for your shows. It can be overwhelming to come up with new and exciting recipes each time. Here are a few tips that have helped me in the past:1. Utilize the Pampered Chef website and recipe books: The Pampered Chef website has a wide variety of recipes that you can choose from. You can also browse through your recipe books for inspiration. This takes away the pressure of having to come up with a new recipe every time.2. Ask your host for input: Instead of trying to come up with a recipe on your own, ask your host if they have any specific requests or preferences. This will not only make your job easier, but it also shows that you value their input.3. Offer a theme for the month: I love your idea of offering a savory and sweet recipe for the month. You could also consider having a theme for each month, such as "Summer BBQ" or "Holiday Baking". This will help you narrow down your recipe choices and make it easier to plan.4. Don't be afraid to try new recipes: I know it can be nerve-wracking to try new recipes at shows, but remember that your guests are there to see and learn from you. They will appreciate your willingness to try new things and it also keeps things interesting for them.I hope these suggestions help. Remember to keep it simple and have fun with it. Your guests will appreciate your enthusiasm and creativity. Best of luck with your shows!

1. What are some popular recipes to choose for a Pampered Chef show?

Some popular recipes for a Pampered Chef show include the classic Veggie Pizza, the refreshing Lemon-Lime Spritzer, the delicious Chocolate Lava Cake, and the crowd-pleasing Chicken Enchilada Ring.

2. Can I request specific dietary restrictions for the recipes at my show?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can specify your dietary needs when booking your show.

3. How do I know if a recipe is easy enough for me to make at my show?

Pampered Chef recipes are designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. Each recipe comes with step-by-step instructions and tips to ensure a successful and stress-free cooking experience.

4. Can I make substitutions in the recipes for ingredients I don't have?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipes if you don't have certain ingredients. Pampered Chef offers ingredient substitution charts and tips to help you make the necessary adjustments without compromising the quality of the dish.

5. Are there any recipes that require special equipment or tools?

Yes, some recipes may require specific Pampered Chef tools or equipment. However, our recipes are designed to be versatile, and you can always find alternative ways to make the dish without those tools. Our consultants can also provide recommendations for alternative tools or equipment that you may already have at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jessinthekitchen
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Mitzyz