• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Recipe- Little Spinach Cups?

In summary, the speaker was asked for a recipe for spinach cups by an elderly lady they had never met. They searched for the recipe but could not find it, so they decided to send her a similar recipe for Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches instead. They also included a note to contact them for any future requests.
jessinthekitchen
I need a community fair on Saturday and an elderly lady that I've never met in my entire life came up to me and said, "I was going to call you! I was at a show years ago and you made these little spinach cups? I want that recipe."

I just started in March so it wasn't me...but I did tell her that I would find her the recipe, print it out and mail it to her.

I've searched on PC's site, (the main site and CC) and I've searched on the Recipe files here.. anyone have this recipe?

This is the only one I can think of that might be similar:Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches
Ingredients:
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini

1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 green onion with top, sliced
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, pressed
Dash of ground black pepperDirections: 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Whisk milk and eggs in Classic Batter Bowl.
2. Chop bacon, zucchini and mushrooms using Food Chopper. Add bacon, zucchini, mushrooms, green onion, cheese, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and black pepper to batter bowl; set aside.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll one crust to a 12-inch circle using Baker's Roller™. Using Scalloped Bread Tube, cut out 12 pastry pieces. Press one pastry piece into each muffin cup using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining crust to fill remaining muffin cups.
4. Using Small Scoop, fill each muffin cup with a rounded scoop of vegetable mixture. Bake 17-20 minutes or until crusts are light golden brown. Cool in pan 2 minutes; carefully remove mini quiches from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 24 appetizersNutrients per serving: (1 mini quiche): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 110 mg, Fiber 0 gDiabetic exchanges per serving (1 mini quiche): 1/2 starch, 1 fat (1/2 carb)Cook’s Tips: When using the Scalloped Bread Tube to cut out the pastry, start on the outside edge of the crust. Cut nine pastry pieces as close to each other as possible, then cut three pastry pieces from the center. If necessary, roll crust out just enough to accommodate the three center pieces.The Small Scoop is a practical tool for filling tart shells, scooping cookie dough, making melon balls and forming meatballs.Choose green onions with crisp, bright green tops and firm white bases. Store them, unwashed, in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.© 2010 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

Thanks. I'm going to just print that out and mail it to her. I'll just stick a note in there that that was all I could find and if she needs anything else in the future not to hesitate to contact me. LOL!

What ingredients do I need to make Little Spinach Cups?

To make Little Spinach Cups, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen?

Yes, you can use fresh spinach in this recipe. Simply chop the spinach finely and sauté it in a pan with a little bit of oil until it wilts. Let it cool before using it in the recipe.

How do I make the cups look fancy for a party?

To make the Little Spinach Cups look fancy for a party, you can sprinkle some extra Parmesan cheese on top before baking. You can also use a mini muffin pan to create bite-sized cups instead of regular-sized ones. Serve them on a platter with some fresh herbs or a drizzle of balsamic glaze for an elegant touch.

Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make the Little Spinach Cups ahead of time and reheat them. After baking, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, until heated through.

Can I substitute the cheeses or add other ingredients?

Yes, you can substitute the cheeses or add other ingredients to customize the Little Spinach Cups to your liking. You can use different types of shredded cheese, such as cheddar or gouda, instead of mozzarella. You can also add some diced cooked bacon or chopped sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor. Just make sure to adjust the seasonings accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • TWine120
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • emo812