• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Pumpkin Bread Recipe? Anyone have a good one?

In summary, the recipe calls for 3/4 cup sugar, but you would need 1 cup to substitute for the sugar.
pamperedgirl3
I love the recipes I've seen using the mini fluted pan to make little pumpkin cakes. But I don't have the pan & I was wanting to make something for my shows this week. I do have the mini loaf pan so I was thinking of making pumpkin bread. Except I don't have a recipe! Does anyone have a good recipe for this that I can use? Thanks!

Ok, to answer my own question...I just remembered that my recruiter had given me a little pamphlet of recipes for the beer bread. They have one for pumpkin bread here that says to use the mix with orange soda, 12 oz can pure pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cloves & 1/4 tsp nutmeg.

Has anyone tried this recipe? Is it good? Can you substitute our Cinnamon Plus for all of the spices? If so, how much would you use? Does anyone have another recipe they like?

This is probally not what your looking for but i thought i would share it is a old family recipes of my husbands grandma !

Pumpkin Bread In a Can
3tsp. Salt,
1 tsp. Baking powder,
2 tsp. cinamon,
2 tsp. Cloves,
1 1/2 cups nuts ground up,
1 1/3 cups raisins,
1 1/3 cups Butter,
5 1/3 cups Sugat,
8 Eggs,
1 Quart Pumpkin,
7 cups flour,
1 1/3 Cup Water,
4 tsp. Bakingsoda,

Mix all ingredents togeather starting with DRY ingridents first !
Bake in coffe cans till center comes out on knife clean.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Cream Cheese

I've never heard of baking bread in a coffee can!!! What a neat idea. Thanks, but I was looking for something I could do in the mini loaf pan.

I have the best pumpkin bread recipe at home. i make it every year. it makes two loaves. you have to sprinkle some sugar on top before you bake it and it caramelizes and gets crunchy on top! YUMMY! ok, i am so making some tomorrow. i will post the recipe later!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I've never heard of baking bread in a coffee can!!! What a neat idea. Thanks, but I was looking for something I could do in the mini loaf pan.
What do you think the bread tube is ( only different shaped);) ;) ;)

I have two from Taste of Home:pumpkin Chip Loaf1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
*1/2 cup chopped walnutsIn a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and pumpkin, mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips and walnuts; mix well.
Bake at 350 for 65-70 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins. Makes one loaf.I also have a chunky apple pumpkin bread recipe from TOH as well, let me know if it interests you. It has such a long cook time!! So I don't know... The apple one is longer! 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hrs.
Maybe make one ahead and demo the other and let it cook while preparing a second easy recipe to show off more tools.
Good luck!
Melissa

Alton BrownSaw this on Good Eats the other day and it looked really good...

Pumpkin Bread Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
See this recipe on air Thursday Nov. 02 at 11:00 PM ET/PT.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.

In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Once the ingredients are all incorporated pour into a non- stick 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan. If your pan is not non- stick coat it with butter and flour.

Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. At this point a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. For muffins temperature should also be 325 degrees F., but bake for 30 minutes.

Or you can check out http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/searchResults?searchString=pumpkin%20bread&site=FOOD&searchType=Recipe for more....

Ginger428 said:
What do you think the bread tube is ( only different shaped);) ;) ;)

Hmmm, never thought of that before!

Thanks for all the recipes! Yum!!

I made the pumpkin loaves from Stoneware Inspirations cookbook last Fall and sold a lot of cookbooks too!

What are the ingredients needed to make pumpkin bread?

The ingredients needed for pumpkin bread are 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup packed brown sugar, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Can I substitute the pumpkin pie spice with other spices?

Yes, you can substitute pumpkin pie spice with a combination of 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon ground cloves.

Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin, but it is important to first cook and puree the pumpkin before using it in the recipe.

What type of pan should I use to bake the pumpkin bread?

You can use a regular 9x5 inch loaf pan or a 9-inch round baking pan. Make sure to grease the pan before pouring in the batter.

How should I store the pumpkin bread?

The pumpkin bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aried
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • whiteyteresa