• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Homemade Iso Pumpkin Butter Recipe for Your Pumpkin Bread

In summary, the conversation revolves around the need for a spread to accompany pumpkin bread. The option of using pumpkin butter is suggested and two different recipes for it are provided. One is a simple recipe for pumpkin flavored/sweetened butter that requires no cooking, while the other is a cooked version with added spices. Helpful tips for making the butter are also shared.
whiteyteresa
I saw the recipe for Spice Pumpkin Spread - does this have to be served warm?

I am taking Pumpkin Bread in small loaves to school tomorrow. I want to have something for them to spread on the bread.

But I would love to have the pumpkin butter recipe

~

I wouldn't think that the pumpkin bread needs to be warm...room temp would be fine!

Here is one that is actually pumpkin flavored/sweetened butter. This may be easier to do since normal pumpkin butters would take some cooking right now. Since you are getting it ready for in the morning, maybe this would work better.

Nancy's Pumpkin Butter
Submitted by: NancyBush
Rated: 3 out of 5 by 7 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 12 Hours 40 Minutes
Yields: 16 servings

"Margarine is creamed with pumpkin puree, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread on biscuits or bread fresh from the oven, for breakfast or anytime!"
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat margarine for 30 seconds, or until creamy. Gradually blend in the pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Cover and chill overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes for easier spreading.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/20/2007

Here is one of the comments with some helpful hints:

Reviewed on Feb. 7, 2006 by LVS OK,this really is quite good and is served in a restaurant here in Holland,MI. What you have to do is mix the softened butter and pumpkin together. Yes, it's curdled. Now put it in the microwave to soften the butter (this only takes a few seconds), and then take a fork and whip it. If the curdling is not gone after whipping, put it back in the microwave and whip again. Now, add your spices. Beat and then put in the frig to harden. You can always take it out to reach room temp if you prefer...and add ground pecans to it, too.More spices if you prefer.I used brown sugar instead of XXX sugar and only enough to lighly sweeten.

Here is an actual cooked pumpkin butter:

Pumpkin Butter I
Submitted by: Eleanor Johnson
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 40 members Yields: 5 servings

"This pumpkin butter is an excellent hostess present, and is a wonderful spread for toast and muffins. It can also be used to make a spectacular holiday dessert, Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (29 ounce) can canned
pumpkin puree
3/4 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
2. Spoon hot pumpkin mixture into hot jars, filling to within 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
3. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/20/2007

KellyTheChef said:
I wouldn't think that the pumpkin bread needs to be warm...room temp would be fine!

Here is one that is actually pumpkin flavored/sweetened butter. This may be easier to do since normal pumpkin butters would take some cooking right now. Since you are getting it ready for in the morning, maybe this would work better.

Nancy's Pumpkin Butter
Submitted by: NancyBush
Rated: 3 out of 5 by 7 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 12 Hours 40 Minutes
Yields: 16 servings

"Margarine is creamed with pumpkin puree, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread on biscuits or bread fresh from the oven, for breakfast or anytime!"
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat margarine for 30 seconds, or until creamy. Gradually blend in the pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Cover and chill overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes for easier spreading.

Here is one of the comments with some helpful hints:

Reviewed on Feb. 7, 2006 by LVS OK,this really is quite good and is served in a restaurant here in Holland,MI. What you have to do is mix the softened butter and pumpkin together. Yes, it's curdled. Now put it in the microwave to soften the butter (this only takes a few seconds), and then take a fork and whip it. If the curdling is not gone after whipping, put it back in the microwave and whip again. Now, add your spices. Beat and then put in the frig to harden. You can always take it out to reach room temp if you prefer...and add ground pecans to it, too.More spices if you prefer.I used brown sugar instead of XXX sugar and only enough to lighly sweeten.

can I just use Cinnamon plus and if so how much?

I don't have any nutmeg.

Thanks for your suggestions

I think I will use this one since it can sit out for a while

~

I would sub 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon plus, that contains both of those spices and more...

I just made homemade cranberry sauce tonight and used the cinn. plus and it's so good!

That pumpkin butter recipe sounds really good...let us know how it turns out!

Thank YOU
Thank YOU
Thank YOU

I am on my way to make the butter

Thanks

~

THANK YOU! My DH loves anything and everything pumpkin and this will be perfect with biscuits Thanksgiving morning!

Okay I'm done making the dip and no it didn't take that long, daughter isn't feeling well again

I don't know if I made it correctly or not.

I used 100% solid pack pumpkin - is that the same as pumpkin puree

and also

I used the whole can of pumpkin - I made a double recipe and it didn't taste that pumkpiny with only 1 cup

It taste great now. I am hoping that it will taste even better tomorrow morning

so let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks

~

Teresa~

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong! I hope everyone likes it!

The butter is great this morning, I keep tasting it with a spoon to make sure

I hope there is enough left for my family to taste
~

whiteyteresa said:
The butter is great this morning, I keep tasting it with a spoon to make sure
I hope there is enough left for my family to taste
~
LOL!
Sounds like me!

1. What are the ingredients needed for the Iso Pumpkin Butter Recipe?

The ingredients needed for the Iso Pumpkin Butter Recipe are 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.

2. Can I substitute the sugar with a healthier alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the granulated sugar and brown sugar with honey or maple syrup to make a healthier version of the Iso Pumpkin Butter.

3. How long does the Iso Pumpkin Butter last?

The Iso Pumpkin Butter can last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.

4. Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin for this recipe. Simply steam or roast the pumpkin until it is tender, then puree it in a blender or food processor before adding it to the recipe.

5. How can I use the Iso Pumpkin Butter?

The Iso Pumpkin Butter can be used as a spread on toast, bagels, or muffins. It can also be used as a filling for pastries, a topping for ice cream, or as a dip for fruits and crackers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • chefann