• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Good Stoneware Recipe

In summary, Julie recommends the 3 cheese garden pizza, spinach carbonara pizza, and the Ham and cheese calzone.
thumbs
Hello,

I have an upcoming afternoon show and am looking for recipe ideas that is easy to make at a show but will have everyone wanting stoneware (since it's the guest special)

I am still a new consultant and my biggest struggle is finding recipes that work nicely at shows.

Thanks so much,
Julie

The ones PC suggests are awesome: 3 cheese garden pizza, the california club, ham and cheese brunch squares, spinach carbonara pizza and the Ham and cheese calzone are all easy and yummy demos.

Welcome to PC! It's a lot of fun. This site is such a great resource. It can be quite overwhelming when you are beginning. I think that the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza (it's one of the "New Consultant" recipes that should've come w/ your kit, or you can find it on Consultant Connection) is really good. It's always well loved by guests and utilizes so many of the products that came with your kit.Another one that I've done at shows and people really like, is the Spinach Carbonara Pizza. One thing you can do is go to "search" and type in the name of a recipe. A list will come up with lots of "threads." Then you can read through them and learn some tips that others have shared. As everyone tries recipes and does them at shows, a lot of times they end up posting about their experience.

the spinach carbonara pizza is one of my favorites and is super easy! it uses the large bar pan. I've been getting rave reviews over it..have sold a ton of bar pans and have had a ton of people ask for the recipe!

I highly recommend the starter recipes that PC recommends. 3 cheese garden and the california club. They are awesome and basic. The spinach carbonara is good too but I do not think it suits a wide variety of tastes.

If you're just starting out, go for the 3 cheese garden pizza - everyone just loves it, and since you get all the resources for doing that in your show, it takes some of the stress off. I sold a number of large bar pans when I did that one...

Thanks everyone. I will look into those recipes :)

Hi Julie,

I completely understand your struggle with finding stoneware recipes for your shows. As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I have found that the best recipes to showcase our stoneware are the ones that are simple yet delicious. One of my go-to recipes for shows is the classic chicken and vegetables in the deep covered baker. It's easy to prepare, versatile, and always a hit with guests. Another great option is the stoneware pizza stone, which can be used to make a variety of flatbreads, pizzas, and even desserts. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new recipes with our stoneware, your guests will be amazed at the results. Best of luck with your show!

Happy cooking,

1. What is stoneware and how does it differ from other types of cookware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is specifically designed for use in cooking and baking. Unlike other types of cookware, stoneware is made from natural materials such as clay and is fired at high temperatures, making it extremely durable and able to withstand high heat. It also has the ability to retain heat, making it perfect for baking and roasting.

2. Can I use my stoneware in the oven or on the stovetop?

Yes, stoneware is versatile and can be used in both the oven and on the stovetop. It is safe to use at high temperatures, up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is not recommended to use stoneware on direct heat sources such as a gas or electric burner.

3. How do I properly care for and clean my stoneware?

To care for your stoneware, it is important to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. Instead, use a mild detergent and warm water to clean. You can also soak your stoneware in hot water to help remove any stubborn stains. It is also recommended to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as this can cause it to crack.

4. Are there any foods that should not be cooked in stoneware?

While stoneware is great for cooking a variety of foods, it is not recommended to cook acidic or highly acidic foods in stoneware, such as tomatoes or citrus fruits. The high acidity can cause the glaze on the stoneware to break down, affecting the taste of the food and potentially damaging the stoneware.

5. Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as they can cause scratches and damage to the surface. Instead, opt for silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils when cooking with stoneware to protect its surface and extend its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • Morvin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Nfldfran