• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Look What My Brother Did for Me!!

In summary, my brother and I hung up my new pot rack using an old ladder that my neighbor actually dug out of someone's trash. We still have a pile left on the counter of the stuff I want to include on it, so I'm going to show my DH the pic and see if he would do something like that.
AJPratt
Silver Member
He hung up my "new" pot rack. I had mentioned a while back that I wanted to use an old ladder for a pot rack. We used an old ladder that my neighbor actually dug out of someone's trash.:rolleyes: My brother and I sanded it down, installed some hooks and mounted it up on my ceiling. We aren't completely done yet. There is a pile left on the counter of the stuff I want to include on it. Looks like I need more of the Executive Cookware, huh?

My brother is very handy and runs his own remodeling company. He and his family have been staying with us until their new house is done. I won't let him pay rent, so he keeps doing things around the house. I love having them here, plus I have my little helper with me--my niece, Maddie. She LOVES to bake.

Attachments

• Maddie & Pot Rack.jpg
    Maddie & Pot Rack.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 460
That is awesome Anne, He should make alot of these and sale them. Great job.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
That is awesome Anne, He should make alot of these and sale them. Great job.
My SIL wants one in her new house, now. LOL I think my neighbor is looking for more ladders. So, watch your trash, people!

lol I was thinking the same thing. Looking on side of rodes or garage sales for some.
You could get so creative with these adding your own personal touch etc...

LOVE IT! That's so cute!

(and, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who's refrigerator is covered with an assortment of stuff!!)

I'm going to show my DH that pic and see if he would do something like that...I recently got my 7 pc set of exec cookware, and now it needs to hang over the island in my kitchen. I never had cookeare worthy of hanging up. It always got hidden in the cupboard. Thanks for the idea!!

That is a great idea and I'll bet little Pampered Maddie will grow up to be a recruit some day!:D

My first "set" of cookware came from a long defunct company called Twin Fair. It was an avacado green enamel set of three saucepans. I think the largest was 1 qt.! :eek: (guess the era.....hint....I'm sure you have seen something like it in That 70's Show):eek: We were married 4 days after DH was discharged from the Army....Vietnam era, so we started out with 2 knives, forks & spoons because I filled up at the same gas station twice. Gas was probably around $0.25/gallon:eek:

I've come a long way, but where did all this stuff come from and where am I going to put it?:eek:

I think I need Clean Sweep, or some sort of intervention.:eek:

That looks really cool Anne! And your niece is adorable in her chef gear:)

Anne, Can your brother come and stay with us for a while? I could keep him busy for some time! PLUS I REALLY WANT A POT RACK!! (And DH will never hang it - he is totally Mr. Unhandy.)

Last edited:
That looks great!

I have a pot rack over my sink and I love it! It's full of Professional cookware - only one pot and all the lids have to live in the cupboard. It's SOOOOOO handy for cooking - just look up to see if the pot I want is clean, and grab it.

That is so awesome and totally creative!
He could make a fortune designing those for people!!!

I bought a great potrack last month but can't get DH or my Dad to find the time to hang it for me - they both work so freakin' much! Wanna send brother-dear over to my place??

Looks great Anne! I'll let your brother stay with me rent-free too....I've got a list of things I need done around my house!

AJPratt said:
He hung up my "new" pot rack. I had mentioned a while back that I wanted to use an old ladder for a pot rack. We used an old ladder that my neighbor actually dug out of someone's trash.:rolleyes: My brother and I sanded it down, installed some hooks and mounted it up on my ceiling. We aren't completely done yet. There is a pile left on the counter of the stuff I want to include on it. Looks like I need more of the Executive Cookware, huh?

My brother is very handy and runs his own remodeling company. He and his family have been staying with us until their new house is done. I won't let him pay rent, so he keeps doing things around the house. I love having them here, plus I have my little helper with me--my niece, Maddie. She LOVES to bake.
How are the pots hanging? Did you screw in hooks or something? I love it!

Look great, My sister-in-law has a gate above her island with antique cooking utencils handing from it.

Ann R

That looks great, Anne! I keep thinking of where I could hang a rack in my kitchen. It would be easier on the finish of the pans, I would think.

And, please add me to the list of places your brother and his family can come and hang out for awhile. My dh is good at a lot of things -- handy things around the house is NOT one of them, bless him.

Great idea. That's a good brother you have there.

Looks like your brother won't have to be paying any rent or mortgage for a very long time!

I asked FIRST! ...so when can he be here??

The only pot rack I have is my belt.

I would bet, that if he took some recycyled lumber, using a drill press and some pickled paint to "age" them, he could make sections of pot rack that resembled old ladders and mass produce these things.

Anne, your photo was like deja-vu for me! Our kitchens look almost identical!

You guys crack me up!

pcchris said:
LOVE IT! That's so cute! (and, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who's refrigerator is covered with an assortment of stuff!!)
I'm going to show my DH that pic and see if he would do something like that...I recently got my 7 pc set of exec cookware, and now it needs to hang over the island in my kitchen. I never had cookeare worthy of hanging up. It always got hidden in the cupboard. Thanks for the idea!!
I try to keep my fridge clean, but after they moved in, I figured the heck with it. I embrace the lived in look!

Brandie said:
Anne, your photo was like deja-vu for me! Our kitchens look almost identical!
Is your house a modular? While I love a big house with lots of formal rooms, but I love how my kitchen is open and the dining room is right there. Perfect to do a show!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The only pot rack I have is my belt. I would bet, that if he took some recycyled lumber, using a drill press and some pickled paint to "age" them, he could make sections of pot rack that resembled old ladders and mass produce these things.
I will mention that to him--the ladder part, not the belt issues. LOL

The pot rack is very cute! I want one in my kitchen but I have a small kitchen and worry that it will not look right. Plus, with the luck we have had with our house the pots would probably pull the ceiling down!!!!:D :eek:

jrstephens said:
The pot rack is very cute! I want one in my kitchen but I have a small kitchen and worry that it will not look right. Plus, with the luck we have had with our house the pots would probably pull the ceiling down!!!!:D :eek:

your funny. while our celing would most likely stay up my pots and pans would all be leaning to the left!

Anyone in NJ want a real pot rack? We bought one years ago and we never hung it up! (It's still in the original box, just sitting in our garage!!!)

I don't think I wanna ship it, cuz it's so heavy (or maybe I have to look into UPS or Fedex)?

We were actually gonna sell it at our next garage sale for $5!

Maybe I should post this in the marketplace? OR craigslist? I've never done that before...

Nope, I'm not in a modular, but our kitchens look so similar it's wild! My house was built by a huge production builder here in NE Indiana, though. So most of my neighbors' kitchens look really similar to yours (and mine), too! HA!

That's funny! I have seen a couple similar to mine. And, my husband selected the colors. (The mess is all mine).

Looks great!!

AJPratt said:
I will mention that to him--the ladder part, not the belt issues. LOL

Yes, I have Dunlop's disease.

That's when your stomach done laps over your belt.

Related to Look What My Brother Did for Me!!

1. What is "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!"?

"Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" is a popular recipe book created by Pampered Chef that features delicious and easy-to-make dishes for families to enjoy together.

2. Who is the author of "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!"?

The author of "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" is a team of experienced chefs and food experts from Pampered Chef, who have carefully curated a collection of recipes that are perfect for any occasion.

3. Are the recipes in "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" are designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes clear instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

4. Can I purchase "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" online?

Yes, "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find the book at select retail stores.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts for "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!"?

At Pampered Chef, we often have promotions and deals on our products, including "Look What My Brother Did for Me!!" Keep an eye out for special offers and discounts on our website or through your consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christinaspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Hathery