• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Long Night in Hospital -Advice Needed!

In summary, the woman had 25 contractions yesterday, lost her mucous plug last night, and continued to have contractions today. She spent most of the day in the hospital hooked up to monitors and giving urine samples. The hospital told her to take it easy and to drink more water. She is feeling better now and the contractions have slowed down. She has a show on Sunday and six in March. Do you think she should still go and just pack lightly?
gilliandanielle
Hey guys- I am so tired right now but wanted to put this out there now to catch the morning people...

I had 25 contractions yesterday, lost my (TMI-TMI-TMI- mucous plug) last night, and continued to have a ton of contractions today. I spent most of the day in the hospital hooked up to monitors and giving urine samples! In the end they sent me home and told me to drink more water and rest. I was NOT put on bedrest, but they told me to take it easy.

I am feeling a lot better now and the contractions have really slowed down. I have a show on Sunday, and 6 in March (my busiest month ever). Do you think I should still go and just pack lightly? I do not want to and can't afford to cancel my March shows or change to catalog, but I also don't want to over do it. I think I can stand up for that long, but I am just worried about carrying products. Even if I bring just the new stuff it adds up in weight...

WWYD? I know my baby's health isn't worth a few PC shows, but I honestly feel alright and don't want to give them up just to sit at home and be fine:rolleyes:

I would call your hosts and let them know. Maybe recruit a "wingman" that you can take to your shows so that if you are feeling crappy or anything happens someone you know and trust is there with you. When are you due?

I am due 6-19-07, so I am only 23 weeks. To make it worse I just jumped over to my birthboard and there is a story from my due date buddy. She went into labor and lost her baby yesterday.

I do have a new recruit that wants to watch a few of my shows, so she could definetly help out!

:(
gilliandanielle said:
I am due 6-19-07, so I am only 23 weeks. To make it worse I just jumped over to my birthboard and there is a story from my due date buddy. She went into labor and lost her baby yesterday.

I do have a new recruit that wants to watch a few of my shows, so she could definetly help out!

I wondered where you've been :( I hope you/your baby are fine. I would mention to the hosts and have others carry items for you, that's not too much to ask; especially in your condition.

I"m so sooorry about your due date buddy too.

liz

Ask you doctor & follow their advice. Don't take any unecessary chances.
My daughter's friend was expecting twins & delivered at 25 weeks and both babies are in a NICU on vents. They had taken her out of work the week before & she was doing stuff at home. Then they put her on bedrest & she cheated, then went into labor & delivered.
Your physician IS the expert & truly does know best....see what you can do regarding a lovely assistant. Maybe this is the time to have a potential recruit try it on with you & you can split the rewards rather than give them up completely.

Gillian
First off let me say that I am sorry to hear about you scare and medical emergency. {{hugs and prayers}} That being said, do what your body and your dr. advises you to do. I know you don't want to put your baby girl in jeopardy but you also need to worry about YOU too. Sometimes we tend to throw caution to the wind but you need to be safe. I know that isn't much help. Just discuss what you do with your dr. (PC shows, schedule, etc) and he/she can give you a better understanding. Take care. Valky

Gillian, you're in my prayers. My heart goes out to you and your birthboard buddy.I'm with the others. Don't put yourself or your baby in harms way for a show. Consult your doctor. You know your body. If you believe you can safely do the shows, do them, but recruit lots of help--from your recruit, your hosts, your friends, etc.Again, you'll be in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

What about getting someone to help you at your show? Anyone on your downline? If I lived near you I would help you!!:)

Take it easy, your baby is way more important!!!

Gill,
I am so sorry about whats happening...I think mostly, how do you feel? Tell all your hosts so they are aware. Ask them to help you in with your things or like you said have a recruit come with you ( a thank you gift for the helper..;) ) Sit WHENEVER you can. You are young,healthy & CRAZY enough to pull this through...:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

Preterm contractions and/or labor are/is scary. I always love the advice...take it easy, stay off your feet as much as possible, drink lots of water. Then, with the size of the bladder at this point, you end up going pee so much, you're ALWAYS on your feet...lol.

That being said, drinking LOTS of water really does help, especially if they determine that you are not in an active labor pattern. I'm assuming that you are not dialated at this point, just "spread" enough to loose that plug. To me, that's the most significant thing at this point. That plug is there for a reason...

Coming up on the end of my pregnancy, I've been working with my AD on a backup plan for my show this weekend, just in case. A couple of options mentioned were:

You pick the recipe and provide the ingredients, and make it something that is easy to prepare ahead and take down. Then your DH, Director, cluster mate, recruit or friend could take the recipe to the host with some tools they can play with (for March, I would focus on the new stuff). You can talk to them via speaker phone, and have them play with the tools, making it a qualifying "cooking" show.

Another option was basically the same, but instead of you making the food ahead of time, you have someone deliver your tools to the host's house (or, if a long standing customer, they may have what is needed anyway), and using the speaker phone method, have the host prepare the recipe with you providing directions on what to do. Again, qualifies as a "cooking" show, but you are not there. Personally, I would only do this with a host I really know and had a good "working" relationship with.

The last option would be to have someone take you to the show, unload everything and set you up, you plop your pregnant self on the couch, and let everyone do the work as you direct them...a slight twist on being "Queen for the Day"!

I know it's scary, but I think the best advice is to listen to your body and your doctors. At this point, you can pull off a full March, but you have to be flexible in how you go about it. And be prepared to have to move to catalog shows if necessary. NOTHING is worth making things worse, and your hosts WILL understand.

We will be PRAYING like mad for you and baby, and for DH and the other little ones...for understanding and patience as mommy's routines and capabilities change a little before the scheduled time!

On a side note, I have been through this twice before...if you want to email me privately, you are welcome to. Take care...

You and the baby are in my prayers. As long as the doctor says it's ok, go ahead and do the shows. Just make sure you have someone there to help you. Whether it's a new recruit or the host helping you, as long as someone is there to carry everything in for you and to help you whenever you need it throughout the show. Sit during the show. There is nothing that says you have to stand for any part of the show. My director is pregnant now (just a few weeks behind you I think) and she sits for most if not all of her show. It's what I ended up doing the same thing last year when I was pregnant. It made a big difference being able to sit down. The guests will understand. It will show them how accomidating our job can be. Just make sure that if you feel like you are overdoing it, you let someone know. Even if it means rescheduling a show or turning it into a catalog show. Try doing a short product demo instead of a full cooking demo at the shows too. That will make it a little easier for you.

Good luck!

Gill, I will be thinking of you...{{{hugs}}} I'm sure you were freaking out; I know I would be.
I agree with everything already said. Ask your doc; see what advice he has. Then just communicate with you hosts. Let them know that their show is important to you; explain your situation, & I'm sure they will be more than happy to carry things for you. If you have a recruit to bring along, that's a great idea. Plus, it will help her (or him!) to get some extra practice. Do a simple recipe; I'd just do one. Let them know you need to sit to do orders & such.
Hang in there! Just do what's best for you & your baby; it will all work out I know it:) (I'd come help ya if I was just a little closer!)

Hugs to you Gillian!

Take it easy, get help, and do what you know you can do....don't push it! Your hosts and guests will understand and I'm sure they will help you.....you may even get bigger orders too :p . People tend to open their wallets more out of sympathy....go with it:rolleyes: !

Seriously, be careful and do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your baby.

pamperedlinda said:
Hugs to you Gillian!

Take it easy, get help, and do what you know you can do....don't push it! Your hosts and guests will understand and I'm sure they will help you.....you may even get bigger orders too :p . People tend to open their wallets more out of sympathy....go with it:rolleyes: !

Seriously, be careful and do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your baby.

LOL...too funny, but TRUE.....;) ;) ;)

I will be praying for you and the little one! Just so you know you can "re-form" or whatever a new mucous plug. With my first I lost 2 of them. One was a couple of months before he was born. I also started having contractions with him in the end of Jan, beginning of Feb. He was due until the first of June. He ended up coming at the end of May. Maybe s/he will incubate a little while longer! Take care of yourself and that baby! I agree with the have someone go with you idea!

ASSISTANT!!! You need to get one. Your hosts will understand. I would also try to just bring what is necessary for the recipe. You don't need to be taking everything at this point. Use your catalog to sell the products!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby Gill!

I don't have any children so I can't give that type of advice, but I DEFINITELY agree that you should be taking it easy and following the orders of your doc. I think Margie had a great idea about having a "wingman" to help you out with the shows you already have scheduled. And, if you have a new recruit that wanted to come to a few of your shows anyway, this would be a great opportunity for her. Don't take any chances - nothing is worth putting your or your baby in harm's way.

We'll all be keeping you in our thoughts!

I didn't see if anyone said but when I was pregnant I told the host I'd love to do your show but can not carry in my stuff if you will or have someone there that can get it from my car and put it back in (and my husband loaded and unloaded my car) I will be able to do your show. Everyone was willing and my sales were higher I think they made sure to have good attendance as they want you to make more money for the baby!

I heard someone call their TPC ring their pregnancy ring because the sales were so high during pregnancy they made TPC for the first time.

Gillian,

I'll be praying for you! I second the advice of telling your doctor exactly what your show entails and then follow their advice. Limit the products you bring and definately ask for help and take all you can get!

Personally, I would not take the chance.
All 3 of my pregnancies were difficult & I started PC after they were all born. If something happened during a show or as a result of going to it I would never get over it. PC is important but not important enough to take a risk. June is a long way off. I would ask them to do catalog shows and then maybe request a leave.
You are in my prayers
Teresa

Gillian,
My recruiter had problems throughout her last pregnancy (baby is fine) & she just had the host or someone there bring in her stuff for her. She sat on a stool during most of the demo. Hey--maybe you can use it to your advantage for recruiting--how nice that you can work your business around this & just stop doing shows if you need to!

Nothing new to add. Talk to doctor first. Then talk to recruit, husband, friend, whoever to help you. I had a friend who simply had a her back go out and I instantly wanted to help her with her show (Usborne Books so heavy totes!). She's now expecting a child in July and I will definitely volunteer again. People WANT to help. I think the idea of having the host and guests make the recipe for you is great! Not everyone would think that's fun, but a pregnant girl telling them to do it would make it fun for them.I think you will have better orders. People like to see us as "real" people. It's sometimes like teachers when you are a kid...they have real lives? Yes, this business can mold itself to what we need at the time and while it IS a business for us, we have fun doing it. Good luck and you'll be in my prayers.

No new advise from me either girl... you've gotten GREAT tips already... I'm praying for you and your baby and your family... I had to do bedrest with my 6th and it is SO hard... we'll all be praying she stays right where she is until God is ready for her to meet His world!

Gillian,I can't say anything that hasn't already been said but just know that you and your baby are in my prayers. I'm sure that your hosts would be very understanding (or at least you have to think they would since most are probably women themselves) and be willing to help in any way that they can. Just ask them. BIG HUGS from Iowa!

Gillian,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having problems. You are in my prayers. Now, I did want to chime in as one who had a preemie baby. My oldest son was born at 32 weeks. This was 16 and a half years ago. He was 3lbs 12 oz. and was 16 1/2 inches long. He stayed in the hospital for a month and we brought him home at 4lbs. 6oz. He is now almost 6 feet tall and weighs 155 lbs. He has no side effects except asthma and that runs in the family anyway. Things have changed so much over the years and there is so much more technology for preemies. The fact that you are having a girl is also in your favor as survival rates among girls are higher than among boys. Good luck and be sure to listen to your Doctor. I will be praying for you.

Ditto every one else Gillian, especially if that plug has already seperated!
You can't risk that baby.
BIG HUGS
Take it easy!!!

Gillian, you and your baby are in my prayers I had a similar expierence when I was preg. I just sat when I could and drank tons of water and he ended up being 9lbs almost 10lbs and i ended up being 2 weeks over but do what your body feels it could do and talk to your doc take it easy:)

Gillian,

Dont go and risk anything for the sake of a few shows in which you can reschedule (if these hosts hear your circumstance, I guarantee they'll be flexable).

This may sound really bizare (well, again, this is comming from me...lol) but, have you thought about doing a remote show? I did this for my sister in CA and my Brother's wife in TX. My sister has a webcam, as do I and I did the show in my own kitchen, but she showed it at her house! It was a little weird, but it worked! The ladies all got a kick out of it, and I got about a $600 show from it. Now, for my SIL in TX, I videotaped a show from my house, converted it to DVD (you dont have to do this, but DH is a GA computer wiz, you can just send the VHS tape) and sent it to her. She showed it at the show, I had taught her by phone on how to make the recipes so those were already made, and she had a good turnout and show.

Make it work for you and yor little peanut. You're not a Marine, hon...lol. No need to go over and above the call of duty on this one. Take rest!!

Gil, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I agree with everyone else, I used to do dola work (Birthing Coach) and you can do the Queen for a Day and us it as a training show for your recruit. Have the recruit do the demo with you explaining the process. I do believe in listening to your body, but don't confuse nesting feelings and being fine. We want the little one to cook a little longer, say until the end of May and then she can whip right out.;) .

Love and Wishes are with you,
Cindy
Future Director and walking in "07"

Take it easy Gillian, hope you and the baby are well.

Don't carry your products. Have someone at home help load and the host/host's husband unload and load back up for you. Sit on a stool/chair during the demo.

It will show that anyone can do this business, no matter the circumstances!

Gillian, I'll be praying for you and your baby....please listen to your doctors! Your hosts will understand - they want the best for your baby too! If you can make lemonade by getting a recruit or potential to help you out while you "chaperone" that would be good....as long as your doctor OKs it. If your doctor doesn't want you doing the shows...then I would turn those march hosts into catalog shows and ask them to rebook a live kitchen show within the 6 month period.....I'm sure your hosts would be willing to do that.

Please take care!

Melinda

Praying for you!Hey Gillian,
I am so sorry you had to go through that sweetie! That's horrible and scary and just nerve wrecking not only for you but for your family too. My prayers are with you.
Now as for the advice on the shows, you can do it if you feel up to it. I had a show the day before I had my son. It was crazy. Through contractions and all!! LOL
But I agree with all the suggestions for a helper! I know one time I went to a director's show to observe when I first started out and no one seemed to mind. Of course she asked the host and it was fine with her, and I was able to observe and help. I have a couple of friends who are on the fence about PC and would love to come to my show to help and observe so that's always a great option to consider. HELP is GOOD!!!
I think that would totally be ok until you have this baby! Don't take any chances. You can always ask the host to help you bring your things in after your hospital ordeal. She will totally understand. Unless she is pregnant or over 70! I have had many hosts have their husbands, sons, or daughters help me bring stuff inside and I wasn't even pregnant yet! :p
Keep us updated on your condition and on your shows!!

Debbie :D

My prayers are with you too {{{hugs}}}

Definitely tell all your hosts what's going on. DO NOT CARRY ANYTHING! Have someone else load and unload your car. Take a friend or poteintal recruit with you to your shows. Do the minimum physically at your shows. Everyone will understand and will want to help you! If you have to you can always change a show to catalog if you can't make it at the last minute and then schedule a Cooking Show with the host for April or May.

The most important thing is to take care of yourself and your baby. The rest will work out.

Tell your hosts that you need someone to carry your things in.

I am sending my prayers your way Gill! Nothing new to add, but I want you to take care of yourself & your baby!!!:)

Gillian, please take care of yourself and your sweet little girl! I agree with everyone that if you do decide to do the shows to have someone with you to help or get different people to help along the way.

So sorry to hear about your birthfriends' baby.

Thank you so much everyone! I just woke up and am totally blown away with the amount of support on here for something not even PC, LOL!

I see my real doctor on Wednesday (I saw the on-call yesterday) and she should provide more info I am hoping. The on-call told me to continue with my life, but if anything gives me contractions to stop doing it. Those were her exact words. I am just not sure what that means. I have a March kick off at my mom's tomorrow, so I can just try it out with her there to help me. She already told me to call her from the driveway when I get there...

I will call my recruit and see how many of my shows she can attend, but she works full time as well as PC, and has just qualified in her first 30 days, so I am sure she is pretty busy.

Thanks you so much for all the prayers!! My cervix was as closed as it can get, so they said that the plug was rejuvinating itself... hopefully I can bake this baby for another few months!

Our prayers are with you Gillian. Glad to hear that at least one of the shows is with family and they will help you out.

Good to hear you're better!
gilliandanielle said:
The on-call told me to continue with my life, but if anything gives me contractions to stop doing it. Those were her exact words. I am just not sure what that means.

This just means that you should take it easy and do a little more each day until you know your limit. My friend was in the same boat. She is seven months pregnant and can pretty much tell what is ok and what is a no-no.

Try to get back to your usual routine slowly. And be sure to keep track of what causes you to have contractions, pain in the abdomen or cramps. Stop doing that and know your limits.
I am one who would go nuts if I was put on bed rest. But for my baby, of course I would do it. Thank the Lord that has never happened and hopefully never will. I know my limits and I am only 4 1/2 months pregnant.
1. No swinging my 15 month old onto the bed anymore. :(
2. No lifting anything heavier than 20 pounds. :D
3. No tight rope walking or trapeze acts! LOL :p

Debbie :D

Gillian
You and the baby definitly need to come 1st. I dont have any new advise either but I am definitly sure that your hostess will be willing to help you in any way possible

{{{HUGS}}}}

I'm sorry Gillian! I can't add anything new but be CAREFUL!!!!! Your in my thoughts and prayers as well. I'm also sorry to hear of your birthboard buddy's baby. :(

Gillian, I usually do not post I just read and take all of the advise but when I read your post I had to respond. I am praying for you and your family. Please take it easy. I had very hard pregnancies and with my last was put on bedrest at SEVEN weeks. At 22 weeks I was put in the hospital and delivered at 34 weeks. My daughter is now 6 years old, BTW her birthday is Dec. 25, and she is my true miracle baby. The one thing my doctor kept telling me was to stay off my feet because of the "law of gravity", so take that into consideration also. I wish I was near you so I could help you out. Of course, I'm in N. Florida and today it is 72 degrees here so I'm not sure I would last in Alaska, LOL. Take it easy and prop those feet up!

Thanks Bridget, maybe it would work out better if I came to visit you. I could do 72 degrees! We are sitting at 0 degrees right now. I can't imagine sitting in the hospital for so long, how did you survive? I had both my other kids in the 36th week, so I am hoping to hold on until at least 34 weeks. We don't have a full blown NICU at my local hospital, so anything before 34 weeks I would have to drive an hour away.

My cervix isn't dialated, which is why they didn't put me on bedrest, but once it starts I go fast. I am sure that my doc is going to watch me closely and make sure that I am not dialating too soon.

I have toddlers so I spend most of the day sitting on the floor anyway. At least I don't have a job where I have to stand all day!

Gillian you are in my prayers. I would consult the doctor and go from there.

Gillian, I have nothing new to add (everyone has given such WONDERFUL advice) but you will be in my prayers!

Take it easy!

Gillian~

I think you have gotten a ton of good advice, so I don't have anything special to add. Follow your body. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers! Let us know what your regular Dr. has to say at your next appt!

hey gillian

girl, hang in there...my advice to you is to get a "wingman"...either your new recruit or a friend....this is not only coming from someone who has had a child and also a few miscarriages...but also a ex-labor and delivery nurse...now a neonatal intensive care nurse.....YOU NEED TO TAKE IT EASY....despite the fact of how good you feel. DO NOT PICK UP ANYTHING!!! (I KNOW..EASIER SAID THAN DONE) and i know this is crazy..but if you're gonna do your shows with help....you better be sitting down...you don't need to be on your feet. despite the fact that they didn't put you on bedrest, i'd still stay off your feet as much as you can. drink plenty of fluids...because the least bit of dehydration will start up those contractions again.

i will most certainly be keeping you in my prayers...and also your due date buddy...take care hun

{{{hugs}}}No advice from the childless here at my house, hun. But I hope everything is OK. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

calebsmom0822 said:
hey gillian

girl, hang in there...my advice to you is to get a "wingman"...either your new recruit or a friend....this is not only coming from someone who has had a child and also a few miscarriages...but also a ex-labor and delivery nurse...now a neonatal intensive care nurse.....YOU NEED TO TAKE IT EASY....despite the fact of how good you feel. DO NOT PICK UP ANYTHING!!! (I KNOW..EASIER SAID THAN DONE) and i know this is crazy..but if you're gonna do your shows with help....you better be sitting down...you don't need to be on your feet. despite the fact that they didn't put you on bedrest, i'd still stay off your feet as much as you can. drink plenty of fluids...because the least bit of dehydration will start up those contractions again.

i will most certainly be keeping you in my prayers...and also your due date buddy...take care hun

Thanks for the advice Nicole! I really start contracting when I am dehydrated or when my bladder is full, but I never get any rest if I keep running to the bathroom everytime I have to go. I had 15 contractions all day today so they are slowing down, but I still wonder how the contractions affect my baby over time. I am counting down the days until I see my doc (2/28) so I can ask more questions. I also have to do my glucose drink test that day (YUCK!) so I am not looking forward to it.

I did just get some great news that my new recruit qualified in her 30 days, so I get the new consultant tote free! I am so excited to get it and not have to bring my crate anymore!!

<h2>1. "What are the possible risks of continuing to work during a high-risk pregnancy?"</h2><p>Continuing to work during a high-risk pregnancy can potentially put both you and your baby at risk. It is important to listen to your body and take necessary precautions to avoid further complications.</p><h2>2. "Is it safe to travel for work during a high-risk pregnancy?"</h2><p>It is generally not recommended to travel for work during a high-risk pregnancy. The stress and physical strain of traveling may worsen your condition and put both you and your baby at risk.</p><h2>3. "What should I do if I experience contractions while at work?"</h2><p>If you experience contractions while at work, it is important to immediately stop what you are doing and rest. If the contractions continue or become more intense, it is best to seek medical attention and follow any instructions given by your healthcare provider.</p><h2>4. "How can I modify my work duties to accommodate my high-risk pregnancy?"</h2><p>It is important to discuss your high-risk pregnancy with your employer and work together to modify your duties to reduce physical strain and stress. This may include taking more frequent breaks, avoiding heavy lifting, and reducing your workload.</p><h2>5. "Should I cancel or change my upcoming shows due to my high-risk pregnancy?"</h2><p>It is ultimately up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if it is safe for you to continue working and attending shows during your high-risk pregnancy. It is important to prioritize your and your baby's health, and make any necessary changes to your work schedule if needed.</p>

1. "What are the possible risks of continuing to work during a high-risk pregnancy?"

Continuing to work during a high-risk pregnancy can potentially put both you and your baby at risk. It is important to listen to your body and take necessary precautions to avoid further complications.

2. "Is it safe to travel for work during a high-risk pregnancy?"

It is generally not recommended to travel for work during a high-risk pregnancy. The stress and physical strain of traveling may worsen your condition and put both you and your baby at risk.

3. "What should I do if I experience contractions while at work?"

If you experience contractions while at work, it is important to immediately stop what you are doing and rest. If the contractions continue or become more intense, it is best to seek medical attention and follow any instructions given by your healthcare provider.

4. "How can I modify my work duties to accommodate my high-risk pregnancy?"

It is important to discuss your high-risk pregnancy with your employer and work together to modify your duties to reduce physical strain and stress. This may include taking more frequent breaks, avoiding heavy lifting, and reducing your workload.

5. "Should I cancel or change my upcoming shows due to my high-risk pregnancy?"

It is ultimately up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if it is safe for you to continue working and attending shows during your high-risk pregnancy. It is important to prioritize your and your baby's health, and make any necessary changes to your work schedule if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
6 7 8 9 10
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca