• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Little Confused by Newsletter Process

In summary, the conversation is about signing up for a newsletter service and deciding between two providers, Mike and Joy's. The speaker is leaning towards Joy's newsletter due to its compatibility with their personality and the minimal editing required. However, they are also considering trying out both providers' free newsletter samples before making a decision. One person in the conversation recommends going through Joy's website to sign up for the service, as it offers a discount and they would appreciate the referral. Another person mentions that they prefer Mike's newsletter because it includes a recipe and direct links to products used in the recipe for easy ordering. However, Joy explains that she no longer includes direct links due to potential issues with customers ordering from another consultant's website. She only links to
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok, so if I want to sign up for a newsletter service (trying to decide between Mike and Joy's...I like both samples I've seen.) It sounds like iContact is the way to go. Do I sign up for the newsletter service, then go through their link to iContact and sign up for the Free Trial. Do I need to do the "UPGRADE' iContact account for it to work, or can I do the Free Trial first, then when I get upgraded, my newsletter subscription is extended (they each have a deal for some free time if you get iContact through them).

Or Should I just try the newsletter without iContact first? It seems if I'm going to spend the money, I might as well make sure that (1) the newsletters are not getting blocked and (2) see what the open % is before waisting too much time and money on the newsletter.

I'm confused. :confused:

I like Joy's newsletter best.

You can follow the link on her site http://www.tastytidbits.net to sign-up for iContact. She'll give you a discount on your newsletter when you do that too. And, I'd love the referral if you don't mind :)

I'd advise to get free newsletter samples from both and see which you like best. Personally, I like Mike's- it includes a recipe and gives direct links to the products used in the recipe to your website so customers can order really easily. (I don't have Joy's, does she do that too?)

Why do you like hers best, if you don't mind me asking? (I'm not looking for an argument- just info. LOL)

Of all the ones I've seen, hers fits my personality best.

I subscribed to Stephanie's 123bybyrequest and never used it after the first month - too much editing on my part (I also don't recommend her)

Mike's newsletter isn't 'me'. It was nice, just not something that I would use.

Joy's is perfect for me. I take out the host of the month section and add my own 'whatever' in place of it. I have to do very little editing to make it what I want.

Why do you like Mike's best?

cookin to the top said:
I'd advise to get free newsletter samples from both and see which you like best. Personally, I like Mike's- it includes a recipe and gives direct links to the products used in the recipe to your website so customers can order really easily. (I don't have Joy's, does she do that too?)

I normally try not to comment on threads when others are discussing my newsletter with someone else's but I did want to address this because I feel it's important for people to know and understand what I do...

I used to include direct links but have stopped doing so because I had some consultants tell me that the links directed their customers to another consultant's website. As you may know, the home office suggests NOT to direct link to anything but the main page of our PWS because linking can cause a "disconnect" and your customer could wind up ordering from someone else. Now, I know the links I set up were "good" and I don't really understand why it would disconnect but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen - especially when our customers shouldn't have to verify they are on the right page -- so in order to avoid someone else getting your commission, I am no longer directly linking into your PWS. 99% of the time it wouldn't cause a problem but I don't want it on my conscience that someone else got your commission because *maybe* my links caused it.

The other reason, also, is that not everyone has a PWS and if I set up the links, the links would be "broken" and non-functional if you don't have a PWS address.

As much as I appreciate the kind words and recommendations from my subscribers, I did want to make sure you understand what you're getting from me before making a decision based on it. If directly linking into a PwS page is a priority for you, then I would recommend a different provider than me.

I would like to add that Joy DOES link to our PWS Home Page just not pages within the PWS.

Good explanation Joy, but it sounded like you don't link at all - unless I read it wrong.

Sorry to make it more confusing... YES, I do link to the main page (i.e. http://www.pamperedchef.biz/YourPWSHere) but NOT to any specific pages, like product pages... not even directly into the outlet page anymore. I just feel SO bad that consultants lost a sale because of it. I really don't see how it could happen and I tested the links myself several times. I can't account for how our customers "de-link" themselves from our sites and we have been warned by HO as well, so my "best practice" now is to direct only to the main site. I'm not enough a geek to know how to ensure the de-linking never occurs.If someone doesn't have a PWS, it's easy enough to delete the link when editing the newsletter but it would be alot harder to edit a link to a product page if you didn't want to (it would involved deleting the whole word and then retyping so that the hyperlink is no longer embedded, etc).

What is the purpose of the Pampered Chef newsletter?

The Pampered Chef newsletter is a way for customers to stay updated on new products, promotions, and recipes. It also includes tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products.

How often is the newsletter sent out?

The newsletter is sent out once a month, usually at the beginning of the month. However, there may be additional special editions sent out for holiday promotions or new product releases.

How do I sign up for the newsletter?

You can sign up for the newsletter by providing your email address on the Pampered Chef website or by checking the box to receive the newsletter during checkout when making a purchase.

Can I customize the content I receive in the newsletter?

Yes, you can customize your newsletter preferences by clicking on the "Manage My Email Preferences" link at the bottom of any newsletter. From there, you can choose which types of content you would like to receive.

What should I do if I am not receiving the newsletter?

If you have signed up for the newsletter but are not receiving it, please check your spam or junk folder. You may also need to add our email address to your safe senders list. If you still are not receiving the newsletter, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
higoobs
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • babywings76