• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Links to Give Hosts for Their Show on Your Pws

In summary, the PG says that if you link to a specific section of our site that shows the address as .com in your address bar, the link will only direct customers to your site for two hours. After that, they will be directed to our main page where instructions are given in fewer words. The party links will have .biz/yourname in the address, so those will be fine.
babywings76
Gold Member
In the past we've shared the discovery of how we can copy the url for a host's specific show. When she e-mails people or when we e-mail people, we can just put that link in instead of the typical instructions of going in and entering in the host's name. But after all this FB stuff has come out, they said how we need to only direct people to our main page of our websites because other links could time out after 2 hours. So....does that mean that we shouldn't e-mail out the specific show link anymore? Is that considered one of the types of links that would time out?

I would say probably 'yes'. Not worth trying the extended links and then find out orders were "lost" into the system. And we've all read about how that's happened- maybe that is why and now we know. I'd probably just give the regular .biz/yourname link and then clear instructions in as few words as possible (since we KNOW people don't follow instructions!).

The specific wording you're referring to in the PG says:

Please note: If you link directly to the Shop Online pages of your Personal Web Site, the link will expire after 2 hours and any orders placed using that link will be directed to the Lead system through the corporate website. You should instead link to one of the main pages of your Personal Web Site since these links are static and will not expire.

The bolding is mine. Basically, what this is saying is that if you link to a section of our site that shows the address as .com in your address bar, the link will only direct customers to your site for two hours. If you link to a main page (Calendar, News, Recruiting page etc.) where the address bar shows .biz/yourname, you're fine.

Try it with your site, you'll see that as long as you're in the main sections of your site, it stays .biz/yourname. As soon as you click on "Shop Online" and go to do an individual order, it switches to .com. You can even ask a friend to help you test it.

The party links will have .biz/yourname in the address, so those will be fine.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I had no idea that some parts of our PWS change to a .com address.

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this up. With the recent changes on Facebook, it's important that we follow their guidelines to ensure that our links do not time out after 2 hours. While the specific show link may still work for some time, it's best to direct people to our main website page to avoid any issues. We want to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible when shopping with us. Thank you for your understanding and for being proactive in following these guidelines. Happy selling!

1. What are links to give hosts for their show on your PWS?

The links to give hosts for their show on your PWS are direct URLs that lead to your personal website or online platform where they can access all necessary information and resources for their show.

2. How can I obtain these links?

You can obtain these links by creating a page or section on your PWS specifically for hosting information. You can then generate unique URLs for each resource and share them with your hosts.

3. What type of information should be included in these links?

The links should include important details about the show, such as the show schedule, guidelines for hosting, suggested topics or guests, and any other relevant information that will help the hosts prepare for their show.

4. Can I customize the links for different hosts?

Yes, you can customize the links for different hosts by creating separate pages or sections for each host and generating unique URLs for each one. This will ensure that each host has access to their specific information and resources.

5. Do I need to update the links regularly?

It is recommended to update the links regularly to ensure that the information and resources provided to the hosts are up-to-date and relevant. This will also help to improve the overall experience for both the hosts and their audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lauradorable
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • robbiesmom123