• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Linking to Pws on Facebook Invite

In summary, you cannot post links to your PWS on your Facebook page. You can only post links to fundraisers that have been approved by HO.
RunawayChef
I want to host a fundraising show. However, I have LOTS of out of towners, so in the Facebook invite I send out, can I link my site to place orders for the show? The invite only goes out to my friends, and friends they may invite.

The only exception to PWS links on the web is fundraisers, but you have to get it approved by HO first. Once they approve it, then you can post it. You can fill out the section for the approval on your PWS when you set up the show.

nevermind, I just found the answer. Can anyone explain why we can't post about the business? You'd think that the company would be ecstatic about the web offering new ways to promote their business. (and I say "their business" because they limit it so much that I can't say it's "my business")

NooraK said:
The only exception to PWS links on the web is fundraisers, but you have to get it approved by HO first. Once they approve it, then you can post it. You can fill out the section for the approval on your PWS when you set up the show.

Interesting...Thanks a million.

RunawayChef said:
nevermind, I just found the answer. Can anyone explain why we can't post about the business? You'd think that the company would be ecstatic about the web offering new ways to promote their business. (and I say "their business" because they limit it so much that I can't say it's "my business")

There has been a lot of discussion in the past, you can search "facebook" to get results and see what the varying opinions are (there are a lot, so there's not enough space to re-post it all here :) ). Mostly, I believe it has to do with keeping the playing field fair (cost of advertising not accessible to all) and having to draw the line somewhere (just like $1250 in sales is $1250, not $1249.75). We've heard more recently that HO is looking at this particular part of P&P because of the explosive growth of social networking sites, but for the time being, that's the rule.

I would still think it is your business. You still get to choose how you run it, and you're in charge. There may be a few limitations, but I don't think they're that outrageous.

P.S. There are also some other threads you can get more information from at the bottom of this page.

Also, it's about being professional and protecting intellectual resources like imagery and logos.

I thought you could link your website in a private message. That's the same as an email. I don't facebook but I do have a myspace page and I have worked with alot of my hosts through myspace. I just don't post anything public. I always send private messages.
Not trying to start a heated discussion, but Runawaychef I agree with you I think it is "their business", I just work for them ;) I love what I do and it is very flexible but if it were "my business" I would be able to list it on my myspace page as my business :)

From what I've gathered, one of the ways HO monitors for violations is to view the source of the link (meaning hey can see where the person was before they clicked the link to come to your site).

With FB and MS they can't differentiate whether the link was on your wall or in a message. Putting it in a private message is allowed, putting it on an event page in FB is not, and sending multiple invitations may raise questions from HO if they see multiple links to your PWS through there.

Thanks everyone!!

1. How do I create a link to a Pw on Facebook Invite?

You can create a link to a Pw on Facebook Invite by clicking on the "Invite Friends" button on the event page, selecting the friends you want to invite, and then clicking on the "Copy Link" button. This will generate a link that you can share with others to invite them to the event.

2. Can I customize the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite?

Yes, you can customize the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite by editing the event URL before copying it. This can be done by clicking on the "Edit" button next to the event name and then changing the text in the "Web Address" field.

3. How many people can I invite using the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite?

There is no limit to the number of people you can invite using the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite. However, if the event is private, only those who have been invited or added as co-hosts will be able to see the event and join.

4. Can I track how many people have joined the event through the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite?

Yes, you can track the number of people who have joined the event through the link by going to the event page and clicking on the "Going" tab. This will show you a list of all the people who have RSVP'd "Going" to the event, including those who joined through the link.

5. Can I use the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite to invite people who are not on Facebook?

No, the link to a Pw on Facebook Invite can only be used to invite people who have a Facebook account. If you want to invite someone who is not on Facebook, you can manually enter their email address on the event page to send them an invitation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • smooz
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Jessica wall
  • Aprilthediningdiva