• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host's Creating E-Vites/Facebook Events?

In summary, the conversation discusses the rules and guidelines for promoting a Pampered Chef party on Facebook. It is determined that it is allowed to create a Facebook event for the party, but the host is not allowed to post the consultant's personal website on the event page. It is also acceptable for the host to send emails to her friends with the personal website link and ordering information. However, it is important to be cautious about what is posted on Facebook and to ensure that the security settings are set to "Friends only". It is also against policy to advertise in the employment section of Facebook as a Pampered Chef consultant. Lastly, it is suggested to use personal email accounts for sending emails about the party to avoid any potential violations.
ValerieHurtado
I don't want to break any rules, and I'm not totally clear on whether this is OK or not.

I have a website and my host did invite lots of her friends using my personal website but she also created a Facebook event for her party. If it's allowed, I can see how it could be good for attendance since in our circles there are a lot of ladies that are more likely to keep up with what's going on with Facebook that might overlook the e-vite or reminder in their junk mail.

So first, is it OK for my host to create a Facebook event? And second, is she allowed to post my personal website on the event page? Third - it's OK for her to send e-mails to her friends who can't attend with my personal website link and how to order, right?

1) Yes she can crate a Facebook event.
2) No she can not post your PWS.
3) Yes she can send emails including your PWS.

Tell her to be very careful what she posts on FB. If it can be "searched" and found, it is a violation of HO policy. Tell her to be sure her security settings are on "Friends only" (and yours as well!

Your host can talk about her Pampered Chef Party all she wants on FB - just as long as she doesn't provide a link to your website.

Same thing goes for the E-vites site.

And the e-mails need to be via her personal e-mail account, not the PM's on FB. HO can do audits to see where the clicks (to our web page) are coming from. Clicks from FB (regardless if it's your page, her page, her event, her PM's, etc.) are considered a violation. Clicks from e-mails are NOT a violation. ;)

Sheila said:
And the e-mails need to be via her personal e-mail account, not the PM's on FB. HO can do audits to see where the clicks (to our web page) are coming from. Clicks from FB (regardless if it's your page, her page, her event, her PM's, etc.) are considered a violation. Clicks from e-mails are NOT a violation. ;)

Wow, I've never heard of this. I have a friend that I only correspond with on Facebook, I don't have her current email.

There is another consultant here in Yokosuka that keeps putting things up about her PC Business. I sent her a private e-mail so not embarrass her to let her know she can not post anything about her business. I also notice that under employment she has PC listed. Are we allowed to do that?

I talk about "a show" or "a yummy recipe", but my page is set to private so strangers can't see the comment. Everyone on my FB page already knows that I'm a consultant ... I don't use FB to drum up business. And no, you are not supposed to advertise in the employment section of FB that you are a consultant for PC. I'm sure when HO gets to it, they'll let her know.

Triciascucina said:
There is another consultant here in Yokosuka that keeps putting things up about her PC Business. I sent her a private e-mail so not embarrass her to let her know she can not post anything about her business. I also notice that under employment she has PC listed. Are we allowed to do that?
No, we're not allowed to do that.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Wow, I've never heard of this. I have a friend that I only correspond with on Facebook, I don't have her current email.

Check her info tab on her profile page. Most people have some sort of e-mail posted there. That's the account that their notifications go to normally.

Sheila said:

While this is technically true (as in this is how they mostly determine where you might have posted your site link), a single message occasionally through FB probably isn't going to throw up any red flags. If you make a habit of, say, sending your newsletter through FB, you might get some questions from HO, since they can't distinguish from the source whether it was a PM or posted on your wall or your profile.

NooraK said:
While this is technically true (as in this is how they mostly determine where you might have posted your site link), a single message occasionally through FB probably isn't going to throw up any red flags. If you make a habit of, say, sending your newsletter through FB, you might get some questions from HO, since they can't distinguish from the source whether it was a PM or posted on your wall or your profile.

I agree. A couple of clicks per year probably wouldn't be as big of a deal as say 25 or so every month. ;)

So are we allowed to invite people to host a show or talk about our products as long as we dont put our website down?

Last edited:
cooknjess said:
So are we aloud to invite people to host a show or talk about our products as long as we dont put our website down?

That one's a bit tricky, because you're not allowed to post on any website that you are a consultant (I'm thinking you mean talking about inviting through FB and such). I don't know how the rules would apply if you did it without saying you're the consultant.

I did post something on Facebook but I took it off. I don't want to get in trouble.

I just spoke with the HO regarding the rules of fb just this past week. The lady stated that we are not to mention the company name at all on facebook. we can make reference had a show or something like that. We definitely are not suppose to post a link to our website any where on the internet. Personal emails are okay. Page 37 in policy manual is where she sent me to.

1. How do I create an E-vite or Facebook event?

To create an E-vite, you can use a website or app specifically designed for creating and sending electronic invitations. For Facebook events, go to your Facebook page, click on the "Events" tab, and then click "Create Event." From there, you can fill in all the necessary details and invite guests.

2. Can I customize the design of my E-vite or Facebook event?

Yes, both E-vites and Facebook events allow for customization of the design. You can choose from pre-made templates or upload your own images and graphics to make your invitation unique.

3. How can I track RSVPs for my E-vite or Facebook event?

With E-vites, most websites and apps will have a built-in RSVP tracking system. For Facebook events, you can easily see who has RSVP'd by looking at the "Guests" list. You can also send reminders to those who have not responded yet.

4. Can I add a schedule or agenda to my E-vite or Facebook event?

Yes, both E-vites and Facebook events allow you to add a schedule or agenda. You can include the date, time, and location of the event, as well as add specific details such as activities or speakers.

5. How do I share my E-vite or Facebook event with guests?

For E-vites, you can simply send the invitation through email or share the link on social media. For Facebook events, you can invite guests directly through the event page, or share the event on your Facebook feed for others to see.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Stacielynn