• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Host Wants to Put Link to Website on Facebook

Yes, you can add a link to a Facebook event. Just make sure the date is set out on your PWS so that your customers know when the show will be happening. :)
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
HELP! I am a facebooker... but not a very good one! I have a host who has created her party as an event... and wants to put a link to her show (I have her set up in my PWS) I thought I had it figured out... it worked last night! But today everyone that clicks on it apparently it goes right to my personal website... and not under her name! YIKES! Can anyone HELP?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think those links only work temporarily - it times out after a while. So the best option is giving the link to your PWS with the instructions to type the host's name when prompted.

Last edited:
Yes, Jenny is correct, she cannot do this. But like she said you can give the link to your website with instructions on how to order.

She can't put a link on FB but she can put your website on there and then a note saying how to get to her party. "Click on my consultant's website, then shop online, then put my name in and you can see the catalog and even order there if you can't make it to the party"

Thank you everyone! In the meantime I tryed something else... Let me know if you have tryed this and if you think it will work or not... So far it is...but then it worked last night too and not today.

I added myself to her guest list and sent me an evite... I responded not able to attend and clicked to browse the catalog. I copied that code (which was different from the other one) and tryed posting that.

I worked... My question is this. Do you think this will keep working? Has anyone tryed this? I sure don't want her guests unable to order under her show!

I think I would stick with the general PWS address with instructions on how to get to her specific show. Anything otherwise risks getting into the lead pool or an individual order because of time-out issues, etc. It's happened in the past.

alidafrizzell said:
Thank you everyone! In the meantime I tryed something else... Let me know if you have tryed this and if you think it will work or not... So far it is...but then it worked last night too and not today.

I added myself to her guest list and sent me an evite... I responded not able to attend and clicked to browse the catalog. I copied that code (which was different from the other one) and tryed posting that.

I worked... My question is this. Do you think this will keep working? Has anyone tryed this? I sure don't want her guests unable to order under her show!

This is what I was going to suggest doing.

As long as the address includes the .biz/yourPWSname part in it, the link will work indefinitely. The links that don't work for more than a couple of hours are the ones that include .com in them.

NooraK said:
This is what I was going to suggest doing.

As long as the address includes the .biz/yourPWSname part in it, the link will work indefinitely. The links that don't work for more than a couple of hours are the ones that include .com in them.

Really?! Oh that's good to know! I thought there was a way to get the link to work, but then heard they don't last. I've been hesitant my last 2 shows to try it for fear of losing sales of causing frustration.

Yes, it's a back door that works until your "end date" that you've established when you built the show on your PWS. I do it all the time. ;)

Sheila said:
Yes, it's a back door that works until your "end date" that you've established when you built the show on your PWS. I do it all the time. ;)

Sooooooo are you saying it can be done? adding a link to a facebook event? "if" I make sure the date is set out...

alidafrizzell said:
Sooooooo are you saying it can be done? adding a link to a facebook event? "if" I make sure the date is set out...
If you want to link to your website anywhere (FB, or any other allowed site), you will want to make sure that the address you're using contains the .biz/yourname part of your PWS, not the .com of the main PC website. The date part in what Sheila's referring to only means that your customers won't be able to order on the host's show through that link after the closing date you've set up on your PWS. But that would apply whether they're using the direct link, or just going to your site and putting in the host's name.

alidafrizzell said:
Yes. It can be done. But the date is not the issue, it's the route that you go to obtain the link.If I send myself an invitation to a show, click that I'm unable to attend & then "order online" from the e-mail, I get a different link than if I go to the PWS, click shop online & enter the host's name. The e-mail invite link is permanent, the "shop online" from the PWS link is temporary.So for my shows, I use ...biz/sheiladacey?page=products-main&showId=3284546 as the end of the link that I post on FB vs. ...biz/sheiladacey?page=host-search-results&showId=3284546.Green will work long term, red won't.ETA: Her show closes on 9/21 so the green link will work through that date. As of 12 AM on 9/22, it will no longer work since the online show will expire at that time.

Shoot! I gave out the search results show ID one. :( Okay, I'll let my host know.

babywings76 said:
Shoot! I gave out the search results show ID one. :( Okay, I'll let my host know.
At least, as long as you have the .biz in there, they'll be directed to your site, not the main PC site and into the lead pool.And I don't know how old Sheila's second "link" is, but it still works for me ;)

The link that shows up for me for this host's show when I do it from the RSVP of the invite as a "sorry I can't come" and then continue to shop online is this: biz/08amandak?page=product-order-guest-login&showId=3295383That is different than what Sheila wrote...am I doing it wrong or will this link work?

They may have changed it Amanda! LOLI know the method I use works. So maybe use: biz/08amandak?page=products-main&showId=3295383Noora, I had just pulled it up the "wrong" way to post, so it was still pretty new. ;)

OK. Today it gives me a listing of your hosts to choose from.

What does it mean if a host wants to put a link to my website on Facebook?

If a host wants to put a link to your website on Facebook, it means they want to share your website with their Facebook followers. This can help drive more traffic to your website and potentially increase your online presence.

Do I have to give permission for a host to share my website on Facebook?

Yes, you should always give permission before someone shares your website on Facebook. This allows you to control the content being shared and ensure it aligns with your branding and messaging.

Will my website's link be visible to everyone on Facebook?

It depends on the host's privacy settings. If their Facebook profile is public, then anyone on Facebook can see the link to your website. If their profile is private, then only their friends will be able to see the link.

Can I request the host to use a specific image or caption when sharing my website on Facebook?

Yes, you can definitely make a request for the host to use a specific image or caption when sharing your website on Facebook. It's important to communicate your preferences and provide any necessary materials to the host for them to use in their post.

How can I track the traffic coming from the host's Facebook share?

You can use tools such as Google Analytics to track the traffic coming from the host's Facebook share. You can create custom URLs for the host to use, which will allow you to track the clicks and visits from that specific share. This can help you measure the effectiveness of the host's Facebook share in driving traffic to your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Aprilthediningdiva
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Aprilthediningdiva
  • Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ValerieHurtado