• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook PWS Etiquette: Reconnecting with Past Customers via Personal Messages

In summary, " and nothing before it:Suzy in Texas has reconnected with a past customer through Facebook-we've been writing personal messages back and forth to each other-nothing on her wall. I entered my PWS in my message but then deleted it. However, there
Suzy Englert
I've reconnected with a past customer through Facebook-we've been writing personal messages back and forth to each other-nothing on her wall. I entered mly PWS in my message but then deleted it. However there is a link to my website still there-it still shows up-have I violated any policies?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

I would not think so it is really no different than sending her an email with your PWS in it since that is kind of what it is..an email..I have sent it to people in those kind of messages several times.

As long as it is in the message and not posted on FB, you are okay. I know some of us since we have "friends only" do post a link to our website too.

Suzy, it is a Private message so you are fine. Personally I do not post my PWS At all right on my FB page. Even though I am set to friends only. Example... a cons. I know posted an event and put her website on it at first but then removed it later. In between that time a friend saw it and copied this PC Consultant's PWS link into a message about supporting other DS consultants she knows. This person had 300 friends... Many consultants have goten notices from PC after something like this has happened.

Hey there - I was just reading this sticky on Chef's Lounge so this thread caught my eye - I believe it was originally posted by Greg (the admin of Chef Success) and I think the reason for this is because when you post a link anywhere on the Internet (even on private messages) the link to it can be traced even if it can't be viewed - remember hearing this in an HTML class. Anyways, here's the quote from the sticky:

"Advertising:
Advertising for exclusive personal gain of any kind is not permitted in any forum or by private message. Posting website links will be permitted occasionally, but will be dealt with on a case by case basis. "

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but that sounds to me like an extension of the stated policy of TPC that prohibits linking your PWS (Personal Web Site) here or anywhere else.

Just don't do it. For every client you think you might find, you're going to attract 15 PC consultants and it only takes one of them to turn you in. If you post your PWS anywhere, or if you try to sell product on the Internet, you're gonna get caught. It's that simple. Don't do it.

If you decide to go ahead and try it, when you get caught, don't whine about it here. No one cares, in fact, if you took a poll, you'd find the majority of Cheffers are not only glad you got caught, they wish they were the ones to turn you it."

Source: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/hitc...ss-unofficial-new-users-guide-list-faq-32274/

Just don't want anyone to get busted :)

frozenchef said:
"Advertising:
Advertising for exclusive personal gain of any kind is not permitted in any forum or by private message. Posting website links will be permitted occasionally, but will be dealt with on a case by case basis. "

This is a ChefSuccess rule, and pertains to advertising here at ChefSuccess. It isn't exclusive to advertising your PC business, but also applies to anything else you might do, such as if you happened to be a consultant for another DS company, or if you or your SO owned a private business or something.

The PC rule in regards to online advertising, specifically linking to your PWS says this:

Links to Your Personal Web Site
Consultants of every level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Personal Web Sites. This includes both sponsored links and banner ads that you pay for, as well as non-sponsored links that you don’t pay for. For instance, if a friend posts a link on their family’s Web site to your Personal Web Site, you would be in violation of this policy. Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.

There are only two very specific exceptions to the linking policy.

The first pertains to Fundraiser Shows. If you have a Fundraiser with an organization that wishes to post a link to your Personal Web Site on their Web site, you may do so only with prior written approval from Consultant Career Solutions. Fundraiser links may only be active for 60 days. All other linking to your Personal Web Site is strictly prohibited.

The second exception pertains to personal electronic communications. You may continue to include your Personal Web Site address as part of your contact information or signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently available through your Personal Web Site and your personal e-mails to your customers. These communications may link to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic mail pieces that may be developed by our licensed merchandise vendor.

The ban on linking also prohibits the following:
• Listing or linking your Personal Web Site in Internet directories or search engines, such as Google or Yahoo.
• Purchasing or using a separate domain name to redirect visitors to your Personal Web Site.
• Linking to Consultant’s Corner from any Web site.
• Linking to The Pampered Chef® corporate Web site from any Web site.

It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your Personal Web Site is not linked to any other Web site that violates these policies.

Since the the verbiage refers to "personal electronic communications" I read that to include messaging in a forum/social network website that is private, and between the two parties.

After reading all of this I feel horrible now waiting to see if I am going to be in trouble -not because I was advertising to get customers (believe it or not some people are honest) but because my Host was having problems with her guests receiving their e-invites. Being new, my sponsor set up a catalog show on-line for her before I got my web-site. Numerous guests complained that they had not received their e-invites (all of whom live out of state). The Host and I spent a great deal of time on this and finally I went to the Host's page under her writing about her show and all the problems and offered that they could contact me directly and put in her name as the Host-and/or call me. I honestly didn't go out there to find any NEW customers-I wouldn't do that-only trying to help the ones that wanted to order but couldn't seem to receive the link. So am I going to be in trouble for this? No I haven't received any other order's either, I would have directed them to PC for someone in their area-some people do have integrity.

I am terribly confused as to how it is so horrible to refer people to my website! If I message a friend and she decides to forward it to her friends, that is her choice and also how I get customers that want to buy or host with me. This just seems like a bunch of petty complaining and picking on other people to me instead of focusing on your own business.

AudraKYPCLady said:
I am terribly confused as to how it is so horrible to refer people to my website! If I message a friend and she decides to forward it to her friends, that is her choice and also how I get customers that want to buy or host with me. This just seems like a bunch of petty complaining and picking on other people to me instead of focusing on your own business.
There has been a lot of discussion about this on the boards, I'm sure if you do a search you can find many opinions. Most people do mind and focus on their own business, but some feel compelled to make sure others follow the rules. It is not horrible to refer people to your website. There's nothing wrong with sending a message to a friend, and that friend forwarding the message to her friend.PC just has a rule that states you can't post a link to it on the open internet. It has to do with keeping the playing field level and ensuring the business doesn't lose its personal touch, but like I mentioned, there are many other discussions on the topic that you can find if you want.

Please don't get me wrong, I didn't know it was against the rules when I was helping my host. But when I am reading that someone actually wants to be the first to turn someone in if they see it happening-I personally believe that all circumstances should be taken into consideration. Is this a person who is new, are they helping their host with a problem or did they go out there and advertise for themselves. I did not and would not go out there to advertise for myself unless it was approved by home office simply because I don't think that is the proper venue for ME to do it on. I have seen people selling on E-Bay, selling merchandise as a retailer and doing their business how I DO NOT want to do mine. I just need to spend my energy and time concentrating on how to make my business the best that it can be for ME!

smart2cook said:
Please don't get me wrong, I didn't know it was against the rules when I was helping my host. But when I am reading that someone actually wants to be the first to turn someone in if they see it happening-I personally believe that all circumstances should be taken into consideration. Is this a person who is new, are they helping their host with a problem or did they go out there and advertise for themselves. I did not and would not go out there to advertise for myself unless it was approved by home office simply because I don't think that is the proper venue for ME to do it on. I have seen people selling on E-Bay, selling merchandise as a retailer and doing their business how I DO NOT want to do mine. I just need to spend my energy and time concentrating on how to make my business the best that it can be for ME!

As long as you are doing what you know to be right do not worry about the rule breakers and those who pursue them. If you make a mistake in how you promote your biz don't worry as long as you fix it when notified.

Yup there are many discussions and debates here, we hall have different feelings about this and to many varying degrees. Do what is best for you.

You never know why someone feels passionate about something. That is for them to deal with. We try no to judge.

Continue to do your best for your customers!

Thank you so much for that! Have a terrific day!

Okay - after reading all of this - I have a question - can I have a private "group page" on Facebook as long as I do not post a link to my PC website? So that I can keep all of my people informed of upcoming events and such?

And what about posting something on my status? Not a link - just smething to peak people's interest? (for example - "graduation is just around the corner and I have a GREAT gift idea for you - shoot me a message or call me to find out more"

This internet stuff as far as what you can;cannot do is very confusing being new and I do not want to break any rules....

That's a tough question, because it falls into that gray "technicality" area. According to the rules, you are not allowed to state you are a consultant on the internet. It's not 100% clear whether a private group would be allowable under that rule. On one hand, if it's private, no one can find it unless you invite them. On the other hand, it's still on the internet.

From what I understand, HO does track where the links to your website originate from, and if you have multiple people linking to your PWS from something like Facebook, they will contact you. They can't tell if the links are from PMs or from a link on your profile though.

As far as your status goes, it's the same gray area. There are many opinions on this as well. Many believe that if their profile is private, it's fine for them to say almost anything. Some will never mention PC, but will mention having parties, sales they're running and other somewhat vague references to their business.

It is very confusing. The rules were set before social networking became as popular as it is, and the world wide web has changed. Hopefully HO is working on adjusting the rules, but until then, we just have to navigate the murky waters.

Related to Facebook PWS Etiquette: Reconnecting with Past Customers via Personal Messages

1. What is "Pws on Facebook Emails"?

"Pws on Facebook Emails" is a term that refers to phishing scams on Facebook where users receive fake emails asking for their login information. These emails may appear to be from Facebook, but they are actually sent by scammers trying to gain access to personal accounts.

2. How can I identify a fake "Pws on Facebook Emails"?

There are a few ways to identify fake "Pws on Facebook Emails". First, check the sender's email address to make sure it is from a legitimate Facebook domain. Second, look for any spelling or grammatical errors in the email. Finally, be cautious of any email that asks for your login information or personal details.

3. What should I do if I receive a "Pws on Facebook Emails"?

If you receive a "Pws on Facebook Emails", do not click on any links or provide any personal information. Instead, report the email to Facebook by clicking on the "Report" button. You can also mark the email as spam or delete it immediately.

4. Can "Pws on Facebook Emails" be prevented?

While it is difficult to completely prevent "Pws on Facebook Emails", there are steps you can take to protect yourself. Enable two-factor authentication on your Facebook account, be cautious of suspicious emails, and never share your login information with anyone.

5. What should I do if I have already fallen for a "Pws on Facebook Emails" scam?

If you have already fallen for a "Pws on Facebook Emails" scam and provided your login information, immediately change your password and enable two-factor authentication. It is also recommended to run a virus scan on your device and keep an eye on your account for any unauthorized activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • WendyE
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • cookingwithlove