1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Linking to PWS on Facebook invite

1. RunawayChef

RunawayChef Member

I want to host a fundraising show. However, I have LOTS of out of towners, so in the Facebook invite I send out, can I link my site to place orders for the show? The invite only goes out to my friends, and friends they may invite.

Sep 22, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

The only exception to PWS links on the web is fundraisers, but you have to get it approved by HO first. Once they approve it, then you can post it. You can fill out the section for the approval on your PWS when you set up the show.

Sep 22, 2009
  3. RunawayChef

RunawayChef Member

nevermind, I just found the answer. Can anyone explain why we can't post about the business? You'd think that the company would be ecstatic about the web offering new ways to promote their business. (and I say "their business" because they limit it so much that I can't say it's "my business")

Sep 22, 2009
  4. RunawayChef

RunawayChef Member

Interesting...Thanks a million.

Sep 22, 2009
  5. NooraK

There has been a lot of discussion in the past, you can search "facebook" to get results and see what the varying opinions are (there are a lot, so there's not enough space to re-post it all here :) ). Mostly, I believe it has to do with keeping the playing field fair (cost of advertising not accessible to all) and having to draw the line somewhere (just like $1250 in sales is $1250, not $1249.75). We've heard more recently that HO is looking at this particular part of P&P because of the explosive growth of social networking sites, but for the time being, that's the rule.

I would still think it is your business. You still get to choose how you run it, and you're in charge. There may be a few limitations, but I don't think they're that outrageous.

P.S. There are also some other threads you can get more information from at the bottom of this page.

Sep 22, 2009
  6. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Also, it's about being professional and protecting intellectual resources like imagery and logos.

Sep 22, 2009
  7. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

I thought you could link your website in a private message. That's the same as an email. I don't facebook but I do have a myspace page and I have worked with alot of my hosts through myspace. I just don't post anything public. I always send private messages.
    Not trying to start a heated discussion, but Runawaychef I agree with you I think it is "their business", I just work for them ;) I love what I do and it is very flexible but if it were "my business" I would be able to list it on my myspace page as my business :)

8. NooraK

From what I've gathered, one of the ways HO monitors for violations is to view the source of the link (meaning hey can see where the person was before they clicked the link to come to your site).

With FB and MS they can't differentiate whether the link was on your wall or in a message. Putting it in a private message is allowed, putting it on an event page in FB is not, and sending multiple invitations may raise questions from HO if they see multiple links to your PWS through there.

Sep 22, 2009
  9. RunawayChef

RunawayChef Member

Thanks everyone!!

Sep 22, 2009
Have something to add?