• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Event Setup Issues for Business Pages

In summary, Facebook has recently made changes to their events feature, making it no longer possible to invite people via email. This has caused frustration for businesses, who can now only invite people who are already friends or who have liked their page. Some alternative options for inviting people to events include creating a private event or sharing the event on the page and asking for RSVPs in the comments. It is unclear why Facebook made this change, but it may be to limit spam invitations and encourage more organic interactions. Businesses may need to explore other methods of promoting their events until Facebook addresses this issue.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Facebook keeps changing things and I am getting really frustrated. I have a business page. I set up events for my host and then I invite them via their email address. Well, I cannot seem to do this anymore. I just get an error message. Has this changed? I do not want to "friend" everyone in order to set up their FB event.

Friending them seems to be the only way to do it now that I've found. And now, we can't see who has declined. Even you as the administrator can't see it - unless there's some little secret I haven't found yet.

I've just been giving my hosts the words to use, and letting them create the event themselves. If they want to friend me and invite me, that's fine, but I don't make them do that. It seems to be working. Using my wording, and their event, my attendance at shows has been great, and it's mostly been through FB event invites. My show tomorrow is expecting 15-17 - from FB, and my last two shows were the same. One was $800 and one was $1100.

I've pretty much stopped mailing out invites - and I did it for YEARS. But, I realized that getting an invite list from hosts was stressing me out, and causing a ton of extra work, so now I just host coach them to invite as many ways as they can. Word of Mouth, phone calls, passing out postcards, FB invite...and if they would like, I can also mail invitations for them. I get 1-2 per month now who take me up on the address list, and I can't say that their attendance or sales is really any better than my other shows.

Okay - that went way off topic. Sorry! :eek:

Unfortunately, Facebook has recently made changes to their events feature and it is no longer possible to invite people via email. You can only invite people who are already friends with you on Facebook or who have liked your page.One workaround for this is to create a private event and add the people you want to invite as co-hosts. This will allow them to invite their own friends to the event. Another option is to share the event on your page and ask people to RSVP in the comments section.It's unclear why Facebook made this change, but it is possible that they are trying to limit spam invitations and encourage more organic interactions between friends and pages.Hopefully, Facebook will address this issue in the future and make it easier for businesses to invite people to their events. In the meantime, you may need to explore alternative methods of promoting your events, such as through email marketing or other social media platforms.

1. How do I set up a Facebook Event for my Business Page?

To set up a Facebook Event for your Business Page, follow these steps:1. Log into your Facebook account and go to your Business Page.2. Click on the "Events" tab on the left side of your page.3. Click on the "Create Event" button.4. Fill in the event details, such as the event name, date, time, location, and a brief description.5. Add a cover photo and any additional photos or videos for the event.6. Choose the appropriate event category and privacy settings.7. Click on "Publish" to make the event live on your page.

2. Why can't I see the "Events" tab on my Business Page?

If you can't see the "Events" tab on your Business Page, it may be because you have not enabled the "Events" tab in your Page settings. To do this, go to your Page settings, click on "Templates and Tabs", and then click on "Settings" for the "Events" tab. From there, you can enable the tab and customize its visibility to visitors.

3. How do I invite people to my Facebook Event for my Business Page?

To invite people to your Facebook Event for your Business Page, follow these steps:1. Go to your event page and click on the "Invite" button.2. From the drop-down menu, select "Choose Friends".3. Type in the names of the people you want to invite or click on the "Invite All" button to invite all your friends.4. You can also share the event on your Business Page or in a Facebook group to reach a wider audience.5. Click on "Send Invites" to send the invitations to your selected guests.

4. How do I edit or delete a Facebook Event for my Business Page?

To edit or delete a Facebook Event for your Business Page, follow these steps:1. Go to your event page and click on the "Edit" button.2. Make any necessary changes to the event details, such as the date, time, or location.3. To delete the event, click on the "Delete Event" button at the bottom of the page.4. If you want to cancel the event, click on the "Cancel Event" button.5. Click on "Save" or "Confirm" to make the changes or delete the event.

5. Can I see a list of people who have RSVP'd to my Facebook Event for my Business Page?

Yes, you can see a list of people who have RSVP'd to your Facebook Event for your Business Page by following these steps:1. Go to your event page and click on the "Going" or "Interested" button.2. From there, you can see a list of people who have RSVP'd and their response (going, interested, or not going).3. You can also click on the "Export" button to download the list of guests as a CSV file.4. If you want to see a more detailed list of guests, click on the "See All" button.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Daron
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Kjurich
  • heather223