• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Ideas for Facebook-Only Parties!

In summary, Noora is promoting a Facebook party in which she posts recipes and tips until it closes. She has had one order so far, and finds that posts "liked" but not purchased result in more participation.
NooraK
Gold Member
I've seen several consultants promoting Facebook Only Parties on their FB pages. The party is set up as an event, and the consultant posts tips and recipes until the set closing date, which will then show in the newsfeeds of those invited.

I was thinking it would be great to start a thread where we could collect ideas we can all use for these kinds of postings. I'd love to be able to do more FB parties, as my schedule allows for limited live parties.

My SD is doing them right now, and is allowing us to shadow one of them for ideas. Here is the banner/photo she uses (I'm quite certain she got it from another source, but don't know originator)...

I'm curious to hear what other people are doing with these! Thanks for starting a thread!

Attachments

• Facebook Style.jpg
    Facebook Style.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 7,498
This is the information that I put on the event, when I create it...

Kick back and view the Spring/Summer 2012 catalog!

Pampered Chef has some great items for your kitchen & grilling area (indoor & out)! Shopping online has never been so much fun and easy! All orders can be placed online and shipped directly to you.

Here is how it works:

1. Visit pamperedchef (dot) biz/ XXXXXXXXX
2. Click "Shop Online" and enter XXXXXXX as the host
3. Shop away!

Guests spending $60 will earn the XXXXXXXX for FREE!! ($XX value- see picture below)

Want FREE Pampered Chef for your home? Host a cooking, catalog or online party within 6 months for a BONUS for you and XXXXX! All upcoming Host Specials can be found at pamperedchef (dot) biz/ XXXXXXXXX

Do you have a product that you need ideas for...let me know and I can email you recipes for any product.

Need Recipe ideas?? visit www.facebook.com/​xxxxxxxxxxxx THERE IS LOTS OF THEM!

All orders will be submitted together and shipped when the show closes on XXXXXXX; credit cards will be processed at that time. Direct shipping is available to anywhere in the U.S. ~ local orders will be shipped to XXXXXX's for pick-up. Questions? Email me @ [email protected]

Last edited:
I listened to a wonderful call that Duska Mills did on Facebook parties. I immediately asked on my page and some group pages that I am on. I got two bookings. Each day I posted a new recipe or tip for them to make it fun. Both shoes closed at over 200 with no problems. It was really easy extra income for me with minimal work for myself or the host!

I LOVE this idea! I am a huge facebook fan and use it constantly for my business. Can't wait to try this out!!

I just set one of these up yesterday with the wording and image. I'm crossing my fingers :)

I'm I wrong? These Facebook parties would only work if you have a personal website, right? I currently do not have a PWS... :(

caraighan said:
I'm I wrong? These Facebook parties would only work if you have a personal website, right? I currently do not have a PWS... :(

You could put in your contact information, and/or ask people to PM you or your host their order information, and then get back to them with a total. If someone wants to pay with a credit card, be sure to do that over the phone.

What Noora said, plus they browse through the regular Pampered Chef website. They just need to know to browse only...and to place their order contact you/host or send a message.

thanks a lot guys! You're the best!

lcucinella said:
I listened to a wonderful call that Duska Mills did on Facebook parties. I immediately asked on my page and some group pages that I am on. I got two bookings. Each day I posted a new recipe or tip for them to make it fun. Both shoes closed at over 200 with no problems. It was really easy extra income for me with minimal work for myself or the host!

Is this a call we can listen to? Is it on CC? I'd love to listen to it!

Here's one picture that would be great for a FB party.

Say NO to those pre-packaged and processed sammies and say YES to homemade PB&J, tuna salad, chicken salad, any salad you want..even deli/cheese! How about calzones or mini pizza sammies? Sky's the Limit! You will find our Cut-N-Seal (item #1195) on my website for $9.50!

(Text borrowed from CK)

Attachments

• CutNSeal.jpg
    CutNSeal.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,971
I'm very interested in hearing this training about Facebook parties can we get a link?

I have two FB parties going on right now, one being a fundraiser. I have had one order so far. I post every day and the post gets "liked," but how do you get more participation than that? I would be curious to know how others get people, especially the host, talking and building the excitement.

Aj0524 said:
Is this a call we can listen to? Is it on CC? I'd love to listen to it!

No my director told us about the call and call back number. Not sure if it is still good or not. I originally listened to it last month...I will see if I still have the number.

ally44 said:
I have two FB parties going on right now, one being a fundraiser. I have had one order so far. I post every day and the post gets "liked," but how do you get more participation than that? I would be curious to know how others get people, especially the host, talking and building the excitement.

Play games. I will post things like My favorite PC product is _____ and I use it to make _____. I will randomly pick responses for a gift ( seasons best or spice)

The first person to place an order gets a gift

Any one who places an or of 50+ will be entered for a drawing..( I will use something that I have a spare of)

Duska Mills has a great training site with info on setting up Facebook Parties. The site is www.millspctraining.net. I set up my business page yesterday and am having so much fun. Haven't listed to training calls yet and will do that before setting up any shows.

Is there a Going, going, gone flyer of any sort? I'm trying to get inspired and get a few sales on the old stuff and then kick off the new. I am one that is working way too many hours at a real job. I don't know how to fit shows in but I would really like to!

Do you think it's better to have these set up as events on your business page, or have the host get it started as an event on their profile and then they add you as an administrator? (Is that even an option if you aren't FB friends?)The reason I ask is because I was wondering if other people who like my FB page would be turned off by seeing all the posts in regards to someone's FB party. KWIM?

babywings76 said:
Do you think it's better to have these set up as events on your business page, or have the host get it started as an event on their profile and then they add you as an administrator? (Is that even an option if you aren't FB friends?)

The reason I ask is because I was wondering if other people who like my FB page would be turned off by seeing all the posts in regards to someone's FB party. KWIM?

I think, from the guest aspect, it would be better to be on your page. That way they know you are the consultant when you post. Your fans are your fans because they like seeing your tips and recipes. They might be encouraged to host their own FB show when they see what you do.

Here's a new picture I found through the FB PC Consultant Support Group.

Attachments

• FBHost.jpg
    FBHost.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 6,467
Teresa LM said:
Is there a Going, going, gone flyer of any sort? I'm trying to get inspired and get a few sales on the old stuff and then kick off the new. I am one that is working way too many hours at a real job. I don't know how to fit shows in but I would really like to!

Joy has some great images on the Tasty Tidbits FB page. Just make sure you download the image to your computer and then upload it to your page instead of hitting "share".

Teresa: I have posted flyers, but had to take them as a screenshot pic and upload it that way.

Noora: Remember FB has changed it where only a small percentage of your business page fans see your posts unless you're paying for ads.

nikihampton said:
... Remember FB has changed it where only a small percentage of your business page fans see your posts unless you're paying for ads.

seriously?

FB does all kinds of things. I did hear something about that, and I have seen the posts about making sure you choose "Show in NewsFeed" when liking a page, but I can't stress over it too much.

Duska instructs on her training site to set the event up on your personal page and invite just the host (obviously you have to be friends with the host). Once she accepts, you designate her as the administrator and she invites her friends. The event will show you (PC consultant) and the host as "hosts." I have one set up now but haven't received any orders but eight guests have "accepted" the invitation. I'll let you know how it goes. I know I'm having fun posting. In a related question, does anyone have a photo put together with something like "PC's top ten products?" I'm thinking that will be my next post and you can only include 1 picture with the post. Thanks ahead of time!

When you set up a Facebook party, who sees your posts? Is it just the ones who are Going? Do the Maybes see them? Or does everyone invited see them?

Everyone invited to an even will see your posts EXCEPT people who have declined. So... the people who haven't responded, the people who have responded with yes and those who have responded with maybe will see your posts.

Ok. Thank you...Now that I know I can put a disclaimer on my fb parties in case people don't want to get the tips and etc. (I had a invited guest go off on me for getting them)

marystell1 said:
Duska Mills has a great training site with info on setting up Facebook Parties. The site is www.millspctraining.net. I set up my business page yesterday and am having so much fun. Haven't listed to training calls yet and will do that before setting up any shows.

Checked out Duska's site, wow, what an amazing resource she has put together! Thanks for sharing!

How do you set up the date for the show? Do you date it for the day it ENDS? There doesn't seem to be a way to have a start date and an end date like in our PWS.

Amanda_RI said:
How do you set up the date for the show? Do you date it for the day it ENDS? There doesn't seem to be a way to have a start date and an end date like in our PWS.

There used to be an "end date" option and now it's gone? Am I missing something?

Brenda.the.chef said:
There used to be an "end date" option and now it's gone? Am I missing something?

The last time I created an event, I needed to apply a time before it gave me an end date

NooraK said:
The last time I created an event, I needed to apply a time before it gave me an end date

This is correct but the problem that I've had is that it the event seems to disappear after the beginning date has passed. You can search for it and find it but it doesn't show up in your "Events" otherwise.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way around this other than listing the beginning and the end date and for the end date only? Example: September 15 @ 12:00 p.m. for the beginning
September 15 @ 10:00 p.m. for the ending

Does that make sense?

winklermom said:
This is correct but the problem that I've had is that it the event seems to disappear after the beginning date has passed. You can search for it and find it but it doesn't show up in your "Events" otherwise.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way around this other than listing the beginning and the end date and for the end date only? Example: September 15 @ 12:00 p.m. for the beginning
September 15 @ 10:00 p.m. for the ending

Does that make sense?
I've got one Facebook show going on now, and I've had to go in every day and change the date to "today's date" to keep it from disappearing. I haven't found a work around yet, but that seems to be keeping it current even though it's kind of a pain to have to edit every day.

Ambrleigh said:
I've got one Facebook show going on now, and I've had to go in every day and change the date to "today's date" to keep it from disappearing. I haven't found a work around yet, but that seems to be keeping it current even though it's kind of a pain to have to edit every day.
For my FB parties the date I put in the end date as the start date so it won't disappear.

I checked out Duskas training site...and wow is right!! I am so impressed.. I love her organization with it all. I have one question maybe someone can help me with,,,if they looked at her FB business page.
she has in there, under notes section, her links to her cookbook documents that guests can click on and download through acrobat.com
I cannot figure out for the life of me how she did those links..any help possible would be appreciated
I have downloaded all the documents but it only lets me upload a photo under notes..I know there is a trick to it...

kreaser said:
I checked out Duskas training site...and wow is right!! I am so impressed.. I love her organization with it all. I have one question maybe someone can help me with,,,if they looked at her FB business page.
she has in there, under notes section, her links to her cookbook documents that guests can click on and download through acrobat.com
I cannot figure out for the life of me how she did those links..any help possible would be appreciated
I have downloaded all the documents but it only lets me upload a photo under notes..I know there is a trick to it...

I was wondering the same thing. Anybody know how she did it?

It looks like she has set up an account with acrobat.com. Go here for more info, https://www.acrobat.com/main/en/online-file-storage.html. Once you set up an account with them you can get a link to the specific file and insert it into facebook. I will definitely be doing this! There are also other file sharing options online, google drive, drop box, each has it's distinct advantages, make sure when you are checking into it that you will be able to share links with others without them having to download special devices or set up a google account or something like that.

Hmm, just looked into it and it's a little more complicated than that. Facebook doesn't have an insert link option, you can copy and paste the link, which they can copy and paste into their URL window, but to have simple pretty blue links like she has you will have to edit the HTML, I'll have my hubby look at it later today and get back to you.Edit: Okay, figured it out. Here is a link with step by step directions. http://www.ehow.com/how_8705893_add-links-facebook-notes.html Yay, it's pretty simple! :D

Last edited:
thanks for getting back to us on this..I messaged Duska but she said, "it's complicated" and I worked on it for hours and couldn't figure it out..I am going to check on this link..thanks again

kreaser said:
thanks for getting back to us on this..I messaged Duska but she said, "it's complicated" and I worked on it for hours and couldn't figure it out..I am going to check on this link..thanks again

Maybe email her back the link in the previous post, so in the future she can share that with anyone else that might ask her...

Yay! Since we're able to do simple HTML (bold face, italics, underline) on our websites, I was also able to use those same link directions to post links on my PC website. I now have a news section with links to my facebook and Pinterest pages as well as links for the host specials within my Upcoming Specials section. I'll likely do links to the recipe books from there too. Excited about this. :D

not sure where to post this
I had a host's show as a FB event and had been posting recipes, etc. She just closed her show so I have not cancelled the event. 13 hours ago someone posted on my page
"Stop sending me things!" I have only posted and not sent anything. I am wondering if since she was 'invited' she kept getting the posts in her news feed. I did send her a private apology message saying I had not sent any thing to individuals and only posted on the host's party page. I do not expect to hear from her and really do not need to. Am I misunderstanding this? Do the posts go directly to the guests the host lists?

No, the posts do not go directly to the guests. If she had wanted to stop seeing the stuff, she needed to decline the invitation to the party.

boy am I glad it wasn't me.....

byrd1956 said:
boy am I glad it wasn't me.....

I think you handled it well, though. Just like you mentioned, a message stating that you're not sending anything directly, that you're just posting to the wall of the party, to which Host invited Guest to.

Actually, I would recommend you comment on her post on your page. It serves two purposes: a) your other fans see that you respond to the issue, instead of ignoring it and b) if Guest isn't savvy enough to know you're not sending stuff, she's not savvy enough to know where her "other" messages are, and won't see your private message. You can word something like this:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I see you've been invited to Host's Facebook party, and you must be seeing the tips I have been posting on that event in your News Feed. You can click "Decline" on the event page to remove the tips from your News Feed. I also sent you a private message that you can find in your "Other" messages within your Messages section.

byrd1956 said:
not sure where to post this
I had a host's show as a FB event and had been posting recipes, etc. She just closed her show so I have not cancelled the event. 13 hours ago someone posted on my page
"Stop sending me things!" I have only posted and not sent anything. I am wondering if since she was 'invited' she kept getting the posts in her news feed. I did send her a private apology message saying I had not sent any thing to individuals and only posted on the host's party page. I do not expect to hear from her and really do not need to. Am I misunderstanding this? Do the posts go directly to the guests the host lists?
It's all in her settings. She is receiving e-mails every time someone posts to the event. People can change this in their notification settings. It is set up that way by default. If people don't want e-mail notifications, they need to go in and change that in their preferences.*And if they don't want to be notified of things, they just need to RSVP to the events and "decline" them. It's very simple. It's too bad people just like to grumble and not look into things and see if they can help themselves.

Last edited:
Someone made this and shared it on the FB group for PC FB parties. I think it's a great thing to share as the first post of the party so people see it right off the bat. ;)

Attachments

• 380141_443851352320906_2047918073_n.jpg
    380141_443851352320906_2047918073_n.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,105
So now I have another question. I go to edit on the show event and type in the host's name, hit save and it never saves. Haven't had this problem before.... Any suggestions?

<H2>1. What is a Facebook-only party?</H2><p>A Facebook-only party is an online event hosted by a consultant on their Facebook page. It allows guests to participate in a party without having to physically attend, making it convenient for those with busy schedules or who live far away.</p><H2>2. How does a Facebook-only party work?</H2><p>The consultant will create an event on their Facebook page and invite guests to attend. The event will have a set closing date and during that time, the consultant will post tips, recipes, and product information for guests to engage with. Guests can comment, ask questions, and place orders through the event page.</p><H2>3. Can I participate in a Facebook-only party if I don't have a Facebook account?</H2><p>Unfortunately, Facebook-only parties can only be accessed through a Facebook account. However, you can still place an order through the consultant's website or by contacting them directly.</p><H2>4. Are there any benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party?</H2><p>Yes, there are several benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party. For hosts, it allows for a more flexible schedule and the ability to reach a larger audience. For guests, it's a convenient way to shop and learn about new products without having to leave their home.</p><H2>5. How can I make my Facebook-only party successful?</H2><p>To make your Facebook-only party successful, be sure to promote it through all your social media channels and invite as many people as possible. Keep your posts engaging and interactive by asking questions and encouraging guests to comment. Offer exclusive deals or discounts to incentivize orders, and don't forget to follow up with guests after the party to thank them and offer any additional support.</p>

1. What is a Facebook-only party?

A Facebook-only party is an online event hosted by a consultant on their Facebook page. It allows guests to participate in a party without having to physically attend, making it convenient for those with busy schedules or who live far away.

2. How does a Facebook-only party work?

The consultant will create an event on their Facebook page and invite guests to attend. The event will have a set closing date and during that time, the consultant will post tips, recipes, and product information for guests to engage with. Guests can comment, ask questions, and place orders through the event page.

3. Can I participate in a Facebook-only party if I don't have a Facebook account?

Unfortunately, Facebook-only parties can only be accessed through a Facebook account. However, you can still place an order through the consultant's website or by contacting them directly.

4. Are there any benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party?

Yes, there are several benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party. For hosts, it allows for a more flexible schedule and the ability to reach a larger audience. For guests, it's a convenient way to shop and learn about new products without having to leave their home.

5. How can I make my Facebook-only party successful?

To make your Facebook-only party successful, be sure to promote it through all your social media channels and invite as many people as possible. Keep your posts engaging and interactive by asking questions and encouraging guests to comment. Offer exclusive deals or discounts to incentivize orders, and don't forget to follow up with guests after the party to thank them and offer any additional support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • raebates