• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Light and Healthy Trifle Recipe: Perfect for Any Occasion!

In summary, a trifle is a layered dessert with cake, custard, and fruit. The "Healthy and Light Trifle" is a low-calorie option made with lighter ingredients. Different types of fruit can be used in the trifle, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, or bananas. The trifle can be made ahead of time, but toppings should be added just before serving. Sugar-free pudding can be substituted with different flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, or lemon.
NMmommy
Anyone done anything like this? My host is looking for something light and healthy and I want to use the trifle.

There is a thread on here somewhere that has LOTS of trifle salads and it is probably in the "files" section if you search trifle.

I did one last weekend with angel food cake, strawberries, vanilla pudding, and cool whip.

You can get all that stuff in "lite" versions and it is SOOOOO yummy!

In my trifle recipe booklet is the one I love. It is called Raspberry Trifle.

The ingredients are:
angel food cake, sugar free raspberry jell-o, 2 packages thawed raspberries, boiled water and raspberry yogurt.

pamperedharriet said:

The ingredients are:
angel food cake, sugar free raspberry jell-o, 2 packages thawed raspberries, boiled water and raspberry yogurt.

that sounds yummy and refreshing for a summer get together!:p :p

pamperedharriet said:

The ingredients are:

Hmm, mine was yummy but didn't have rasp yogurt in it....maybe I need to try this :)

the ingreds alone
pamperedharriet said:

The ingredients are:

sound super yummy!

It was sooooooooo good!!!!!!!! I am hoping to make it again real soon.

Related to Light and Healthy Trifle Recipe: Perfect for Any Occasion!

1. What is a trifle?

A trifle is a layered dessert consisting of cake, custard, and fruit. It is typically served in a glass bowl or dish and can be customized with different flavors and ingredients.

2. Is the "Healthy and Light Triffle" a low-calorie option?

Yes, our "Healthy and Light Trifle" recipe is made with lighter ingredients such as angel food cake, sugar-free pudding, and fresh fruit. It is a healthier alternative to the traditional trifle dessert.

3. Can I use different types of fruit in the trifle?

Absolutely! Our "Healthy and Light Trifle" recipe calls for strawberries and blueberries, but you can use any fruit of your choice. Some popular options include raspberries, peaches, or bananas.

4. Can I make the trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the trifle a few hours before serving and store it in the refrigerator. However, we recommend adding the whipped cream and toppings right before serving to keep them fresh.

5. Can I substitute the pudding for a different flavor?

Yes, you can use any flavor of sugar-free pudding in this recipe. Some delicious options include chocolate, vanilla, or even lemon. Feel free to get creative and customize the trifle to your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christy_c
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
christy_c
  • susanr613
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies