• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Healthy Microwave Cake Recipe | Easy & Nutritious Dessert

In summary, my host wants me to do a healthy cake in the microwave: ( mix and bake as directed, no I am not kidding ). According to Weight Watchers, this snack is only 3 Points a slice.
My host wants me to do a healthy cake in the microwave:(.
Any ideas would be appreciated...

Hmmmm....never would have put the words "healthy" and "cake" in the same sentence. Sorry- not thinking of much at the moment, but I'm sure SOMETHING qualifies. :)

Was thinking there was one that you could use diet cola and a cake mix. Sorry, that's not an exact recipe!

meganmcg said:
Was thinking there was one that you could use diet cola and a cake mix. Sorry, that's not an exact recipe!

Found this:

1 chocolate cake mix
1 can diet coke (any diet cola works, even Wal-mart brand)

mix and bake as directed. (no I am not kidding)
cool and add fat free cool whip
Enjoy
according to Weight Watchers this snack is only 3 POINTs a slice.

For you Angel food cake lovers

1 Angel food cake mix
1 can of diet Sprite or 7-up (generic works as well)

Mix and bake as directed and enjoy with Strawberries and free cool whip. (this is also 3 Points for the cake an cool whip, just add points for fruit)

*BUT - I don't know what would happen if you did that in the microwave. I'd try it at home first. And the Angel Food Cake would be more "healthy" or low calorie vs a regular cake.

Ooh, that sounds yummy and EASY!! Thank you so much!!

how would this work? its from Hungry girl

Bite it! HG's Upside-Down Pineapple-Applesauce Cake
HG's Upside-Down Pineapple-Applesauce Cake

Pineapple Rings 'n Things
We've gotten swap-happy with yet another classic dessert! We kept the pineapple and those pretty cherries but went to work on the cake base and topping... Check it out!

Ingredients:
Topping
1 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
7 pineapple rings packed in juice, drained
7 maraschino cherries

Cake
Half of an 18.25-oz. box (about 1 1/2 cups) moist-style yellow cake mix
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup club soda
1/4 cup no-sugar-added applesauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a round cake pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

Place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds, just until melted. Add brown sugar and mix well. Spread mixture evenly along the bottom of the cake pan. Set aside.

Blot pineapple rings and cherries with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Lay pineapple rings in an even layer in the cake pan, and place one cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. Set aside.

To make the batter, combine cake mix with baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well. Add club soda and applesauce, and stir until smooth.

Evenly pour batter into the cake pan over the fruit layer. Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 - 35 minutes.

Allow cake to cool completely. Firmly and securely place a plate over the pan, and carefully flip so the plate is on the bottom. Gently lift pan to release the cake.

Cut into 8 slices and dig in!

MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8th of cake)
Calories: 189
Fat: 3.5g
Sodium: 298mg
Carbs: 39g
Fiber: 0.5g
Sugars: 26.5g
Protein: 1.5g

PointsPlus™ value 5*

This sounds wonderful too. But she really wants one to do in the microwave....thank you for your quick responses though!! I'm going to try all of these at home!

I do not see why you could not do the pine apple on in the micro

I make one in the Fluted Stone that is yummy!!! I use a spice cake mix(dry) and I use a can of pure pumpkin. Microwave it for 8-10 mins then cool and drizzle cream cheese icing on it :)

I also do the one that is a white cake mix (dry) and mix with a can of diet orange soda, microwave for 8-10 mins then cool and icing it with cool whip lite and I put mandarin oranges on and around it. EVERYONE loves it!!!

SPAMSTIME said:
I also do the one that is a white cake mix (dry) and mix with a can of diet orange soda, microwave for 8-10 mins then cool and icing it with cool whip lite and I put mandarin oranges on and around it. EVERYONE loves it!!!

If this works in the micro, I don't see why the above diet coke one wouldn't as well.

SPAMSTIME said:
I make one in the Fluted Stone that is yummy!!! I use a spice cake mix(dry) and I use a can of pure pumpkin. Microwave it for 8-10 mins then cool and drizzle cream cheese icing on it :)

I'm totally going to try this at home! Sounds wonderful!!

I've done the spice cake with pumpkin before, but the white cake with diet orange soda is new to me....sounds really good!
Please let us know how your cake turns out!!

LOL!

There is no such thing as a "Healthy" Microwave Cake. Why do people try to delude themselves? Cake is a treat, not a health food.

I'm sorry, but that just cracks me up. :D:D:D

Also, will this be done in the fluted pan, or the rice cooker? Microwave cakes are usually well-received, especially in the warmer months, which I really hope are finally coming our way!! ;0)

Paula R. Lewis said:
I've done the spice cake with pumpkin before, but the white cake with diet orange soda is new to me....sounds really good!
Please let us know how your cake turns out!!

And, you could probably chop up a can of drained mandarin oranges in the MFP!!

I make the spice cake in the fluted stone and the orange cake in the rice cooker. Let me know if you do the other way around how the cakes turn out please!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL!

There is no such thing as a "Healthy" Microwave Cake. Why do people try to delude themselves? Cake is a treat, not a health food.

I'm sorry, but that just cracks me up. :D:D:D

Actually, you can make a healthy cake in the microwave using whole wheat, fruits, unsweetened fruit juice, greek yogurt, spices. I haven't tried one yet, but will let you know the results! I'm excited to do this!

Actually, you can make a healthy cake in the microwave using whole wheat, fruits, unsweetened fruit juice, greek yogurt, spices. I haven't tried one yet, but will let you know the results! I'm excited to do this!

This does NOT sound like cake to me- may be good, just not cake. Like fruit cake (not healthy either!) is not cake. In my opinion, it's not cake unless you top with ice cream, over-indulge, and have great intentions of going to the gym the next day, then head into the kitchen for a second slice before everyone else finishes it off!

pchockeymom said:
This does NOT sound like cake to me- may be good, just not cake. Like fruit cake (not healthy either!) is not cake. In my opinion, it's not cake unless you top with ice cream, over-indulge, and have great intentions of going to the gym the next day, then head into the kitchen for a second slice before everyone else finishes it off!

Exactly. But just call it what it is. ;);)

We eat extremely healthfully - but when I make cake....it's CAKE, baby! :D

The Sunshine Cake seems healthier since it's got orange, lemon and carrots in it.

SPAMSTIME said:

I just wanted you to know that I tried these two recipes and they were FAB-U-LOUS!!!

I didn't use diet orange soda, I just used a can of regular. I don't think I let it cool long enough because it fell apart when I inverted it onto a plate, but I pieced it back together, iced it with cool whip and garnished with mandarin oranges...

I like the fact that I now have a little variety in my microwave cakes! Thank you for sharing!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I just wanted you to know that I tried these two recipes and they were FAB-U-LOUS!!!

I didn't use diet orange soda, I just used a can of regular. I don't think I let it cool long enough because it fell apart when I inverted it onto a plate, but I pieced it back together, iced it with cool whip and garnished with mandarin oranges...

I like the fact that I now have a little variety in my microwave cakes! Thank you for sharing!

I am glad you liked them :) my friends always ask me to bring these to potlucks :)

Brenda.the.chef said:

You didn't say which you used, the fluted stone or the rice cooker, but I believe that the fluted pan requires approx. 12-14 minutes, whereas the rice cooker is usually only about 9-10...?? So perhaps that would make a difference next time, I don't know.....Love the idea of adding mandarin oranges, too...yum!!:chef:

How about a healthy trifle instead? I do these all the time for those who are sugar challeged and fat challenged

angel food cake
sugar free pudding
1% milk
sugar free cool whip
berries

Related to Quick & Healthy Microwave Cake Recipe | Easy & Nutritious Dessert

What ingredients are used in a healthy microwave cake?

Our healthy microwave cake recipe includes whole wheat flour, unsweetened applesauce, honey, almond milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, and your choice of toppings such as fresh berries or dark chocolate chips.

Is this microwave cake suitable for special diets?

Yes, our microwave cake recipe can be easily modified to fit various dietary restrictions. For a gluten-free option, simply use gluten-free flour. For a vegan option, substitute the honey with maple syrup and use a plant-based milk. You can also adjust the toppings to fit your dietary needs.

How long does it take to make a healthy microwave cake?

This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 2-3 minutes to cook in the microwave. It is a quick and convenient option for satisfying your sweet cravings.

Can I make this microwave cake in a regular oven?

Yes, you can bake this cake in a regular oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. However, the microwave method is much quicker and easier for a single serving.

What makes this microwave cake a healthier option?

Our recipe uses whole wheat flour, which is higher in fiber and nutrients compared to white flour. We also use natural sweeteners like honey and applesauce instead of processed sugar. Additionally, the microwave method requires no added oil or butter, making it a lower-fat option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkowalski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedposey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies