• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Raise Funds and Make a Difference!

In summary, Melissa contacted her Step-Sister-In-Law's Ex-Boyfriend to ask if he would be interested in participating in a fund-raiser for her friend who has ALS. He said he would, and she sent him catalogs and order forms. She plans to have the fund-raiser end on 3/7, the same day as her friend's ALS walk.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I just got a great idea for a fund-raiser! I am so excited, I had to share with someone!

So what is it?

My friend is walking in an ALS Walk and Roll. (ALS is Lou Gerighs Disease). He is a VERY VERY nice guy, with lots of "Girl" Friends, and has helped me in the past try to do another business without any benefit to him. So, I just emailed him telling him about the PC fundraiser, and touting it like People like to help out, but let's be honest, they are even more willing when they get a benefit in return- product for themselves. I really really hope he bites this! I could really see this being a BIG show!

Good luck, Melissa! Keep all of us posted!

pamperedharriet said:
Good luck, Melissa! Keep all of us posted!
Ok, he took bait. It took him a while. Background: This guy is my Step-Sister-In-Law's (did you follow that?) Ex Boyfriend. I have never met him in person, we became friends on Myspace from seeing each other's comments on her page on myspace. He posted a blog about his ALS walk, and anyone who wanted to donate. I donated $20.00 before I even thought of doing this. (Pays to be generous just out of niceness). So, here is out communication via private message on myspace. FYI, this is a personal message directly to that person, so I am not blabbing on line that I sell. Don't turn me in, haha. I hear all the time that email doesn't work, and well for me, a lot of my "friends" are via Myspace and I would never even have contact with these people if it weren't for that avenue. I have one other college friend that the only way I have contact with her is through there, and she wants to have 3 shows for me. I think I am going to try to recruit her. Anyhow, SOMEtimes, email does work: (this is an email, so start at the bottom to see my original message to him)

Ok this does definitely sound like a great idea. What info do you need from me?
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Feb 13, 2008 11:18 PMSounds good! It would be a pretty effortless way to make some money. I would send you catalogs, and you can take them to work, ask your friends and family to take them to their work, etc. Anyone who helps you out by getting you 3 orders I will give a free gift to, like one of our spatula's or something, that might help give them incentive to help you out too.Also, as of tomorrow I will have a website, so people could actually go onto my website and place an order for products through your party, and you will get the credit for that as well-almost no effort on your part other than telling them to go to my site and order! (this works really well for your out of town friends and family to be able to participate). Customers get a free gift if they place an order of $60.00 or more.I really think it is worth a try, and I swear, people do LOVE pampered chef! We would usually keep the purchase time open for about two weeks. Any longer and the people who ordered early would start to want their merchandise! If you want to give it a try, I could send you catalogs and order forms by the end of next week and we would end the show on 3/7. That would get you a check no later than 3/14. Just in time for the date of your walk!They even have some really SWEET BBQ tools for your "manly" friends. :) The BBQ turner has a bottle opener built into it, and it is a big hit with the guys!Thanks TJ!! Let me know!----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Feb 13, 2008 11:05 PMHi melissa,I did see that. I was trying to read up on what it was last week, but I've been busy at work and never really got to read the details of it. I definitely think this would be a great idea. I'm going to shop this around to some people and see if I can get any interest. I have an incredibly busy next couple of weeks so I'm not sure how it's going to work out, but I'm definitely going to talk to some people.I hope this venture works out good for you! Seems like it's a pretty good idea for someone trying to stay around home more, but also have some kind of an income.I'll be keeping in touch when I get a few things figured out.-TJ----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Feb 13, 2008 9:20 PMHey, TJ. I am not sure if you saw or not, but I just became a Pampered Chef Consultant. I am not assuming you are familiar with the product, so here is some information.Basically The Pampered Chef is a home based party business that sells very high quality kitchenware. They are pretty well known and the products really do sell themselves! Ask some of your girlfriends, they are probably familiar. Anyhow, we do fundraisers, and it JUST popped in my head that this would be a GREAT way for you to make some money to donate to your ALS Walk and Roll! I know people always want to help out by donating, but let's be honest, people are more willing to help out when they are doing something for themselves, like getting something for the money they spend. The average show is about $500.00, but fundraisers usually bring in 1,000+ with most reaching over $2,000. Usually the donation is 10%-18% of the sales, but for you, I would be more than willing to kick in a full 20% of the sales to donate to your fund. If you get $2,000 in sales, that would be $400.00 you can donate! And I know that sounds like a lot, but it is very doable! I will also help you along the way to be sure that you have a successful show!Let me know if you are interested, and we can talk more about this! About, how we would go about the show and getting the sales!Hope to hear from you soon! Melissa!

Last edited:
That's great! I hope it works well for you.
Just do be careful on myspace; the private messaging is fine, but you can't post bulletins about PC---even if your profile is set to private. Trust me, I got turned in thinking it was ok for bulletins cause my site is private; then found out it wasn't! What you did here was ok though.

Thank Lacy.. I actually did a blog about PC before I knew it was "illegal"- I deleted it as soon as someone told me it wasn't OK! Also, I did the initial contact via PM, and then switch to email asap. Just to be safe! :)

Congrats on finding a way to help. Fundraisers are 10-15% based on sales. I believe $600 is the mark where is changes from 10% to 15%. Also, you only make 15% on a fundraiser. It's fun learning all of the details, isn't it?? I love email too. It all depends on the people you are emailing. I have a ton it works great for!

Jules711 said:
Congrats on finding a way to help. Fundraisers are 10-15% based on sales. I believe $600 is the mark where is changes from 10% to 15%. Also, you only make 15% on a fundraiser. It's fun learning all of the details, isn't it?? I love email too. It all depends on the people you are emailing. I have a ton it works great for!

Oh thanks! I am going to give some extra! My Uncle passed of this awful disease, so it is near and dear to my heart too! I don't mind.

PCMelissa said:
Oh thanks! I am going to give some extra! My Uncle passed of this awful disease, so it is near and dear to my heart too! I don't mind.

Sorry to hear of your uncle passing from ALS - I hope the fundraiser works out for you - it's truly a great cause!

What is "Let's Raise Funds and Make a Difference!"?

"Let's Raise Funds and Make a Difference!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where individuals or groups can host a cooking or fundraising party to raise money for a cause they are passionate about.

How does the fundraising process work?

The host of the party chooses a cause they want to support and invites friends and family to attend. During the party, guests can purchase Pampered Chef products and a portion of the sales will be donated to the chosen cause. The more guests purchase, the more funds are raised!

What kind of causes can be supported through this program?

Any cause that is important to the host can be supported through "Let's Raise Funds and Make a Difference!". This can include local charities, schools, sports teams, or personal fundraisers for medical expenses or other needs.

Do I need to have cooking experience to host a party?

No cooking experience is necessary to host a party. A Pampered Chef consultant will be present at the party to provide cooking demonstrations and assist with any questions. It's a fun and easy way to raise funds for a good cause!

How do I get started with hosting a party?

To get started, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. The consultant will provide all the necessary materials and support to make your party a success. Let's raise funds and make a difference together!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • amand221