• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fund-raiser for my Church: Catalog or Cooking Show?

In summary, Kay is doing her first fund-raiser for her church. She is going to do a cooking show and give all of her commission to the church.
Kay Alderfer
I thought I would let you all know that I am doing my first Fund-raiser. It is for my church. They have made me the committee for Fund-raising and I decided what a better opportunity then to start with PC.

Well that quite isn't how it worked out. This is how it happened. I went to the CE director and told her that I wanted to do a PC fund-raiser for the youth. They are getting ready to head off to General Synod. I thought that this would be a way to help with the cost. She loved the idea and so did others so they asked me if I wouldn't mind heading up the committee for fund-raising. I told them that I would.

I am also going to give them half of my commission off of the show. I feel this is something that I could do. I am a little nervous about it. It is my first fund-raiser.

should I do it by catalog only or should I do a cooking show? What do you think? Please give me some advice.

Thank you all
Kay

Do the members involved know about PC? For me that would determine how to get started. If not;

Starting out with a jump start "cooking show" might be a good idea, that way your members (the ones getting the orders) will have an idea of what they are selling. Then they can take the catalogs and get other orders.

You could also ask the CE director how she thought you might start it off. I guess it all depends on who you are working with. If I were to do this at my church I could just give them the books, they know what to do lol. We do alot of shows through our church. HTH

I would do a kick off cooking show too, and maybe have incentives for each level of orders they bring in. As shown by PC consultants- people will go to great lengths to earn even the smallest things, LOL!

I think I would do a Kick Off Show first. And then whom ever would like to take a catalog and get orders would be a HUGE help. Also, like Gillian said, I would have incentives. It could be as small as a gift card to blockbuster to as big as dinner for two.. Something to get them interested in selling...

I am doing one for my church. i am not asking anything of the church (help get sales, etc) so i am going to have a cooking show. for each friend they bring that is not a member of our church i will give $1 dollar to the church. I am also giving all of my commision just because i am doing it for the church not to make money. Not trying to make you think 1/2 is not good enough! Our church is a VERY small church we only have one fund raiser a year which is why i want to do this one. i am doing my in april. let me know how yours goes!

Thank you for the info. I think hat I will do a cooking show. That is a good idea April to give the entire check to them. I may just do that. I am not in to make the money either. I will keep you all posted. I am heading over to the church tomorrow to set up.Kay

Good luck Kay!

What are the top five "must-have" products for someone doing their first Pampered Chef party?

The top five "must-have" products for a first Pampered Chef party are: the Quick-Stir Pitcher, the Food Chopper, the Mix 'N Scraper, the Large Bar Pan, and the Bamboo Spoon Set. These products are versatile, easy to use, and can be used for a variety of recipes.

What are some tips for a successful first Pampered Chef party?

Some tips for a successful first Pampered Chef party are: inviting plenty of guests, offering a variety of products for guests to try, having a fun and engaging atmosphere, and providing a variety of food and drink options. It's also helpful to have a knowledgeable consultant who can answer any questions and demonstrate the products effectively.

Can I earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef party for the first time?

Yes, as a first-time host, you can earn free products based on the sales from your party. The more sales your party generates, the more free products you can earn. You can also earn additional free products by booking future parties at your first party.

What are some popular recipes to make at a first Pampered Chef party?

Some popular recipes to make at a first Pampered Chef party are: the Quick-Stir Pasta Salad, the Mini Deep Dish Pizza, the Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, and the Strawberry Limeade. These recipes are easy to make and showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef products.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products purchased at a first party?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all products purchased at a party. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. The return policy also applies to products that are defective or damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies