• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Woo Hoo....my Grand Total Is....

In summary, Lisa offered a fundraiser to the chorus teacher at her son's school and now has conference half price due to the success. She has 96 orders but only 2 students have booked shows, one with a pink breast cancer ribbon. She has emailed about 1/3 of the orders but plans to send a monthly newsletter as well.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
$3,533.25!!!

That is over double my highest show ever! I offered a fund raiser to the chorus teacher at my son's school. The kid's are taking a trip to Orlando in May and have been looking for fund raisers. I offered an additional 10% (from my commission) so that the students could earn 25%. It was so simple and now I have conference for half price...now I need to recruit someone and I'm going free :)

(My family keeps coming in and asking if I'm going to feed them supper :) Had to share this with you guys first....knew you'd be excited for me! :D )

WOW!!! AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Please feel free to pass on tips of how you set the students up, just a catty and order form etc??

Yeah Lisa - Congratulations!!!!

Yeah!!! That is so awesome!!! You are on fire, now you can go feed your fam. Thanks for sharing w/ us.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go...............

That's great! Woo-hoo!

WOW!!!! Great Job!!! Can't wait to see your Name in CN!!!!! Congratuations!:D :D

AWESOME JOB!! See you at Conference!!!!

What is the best way to approach say a school or whatever with the fundraiser information? Do you just drop of a flyer, catalog or card?

PChef_ang said:
WOW!!! AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Please feel free to pass on tips of how you set the students up, just a catty and order form etc??

Okay...my family has now been fed :) I made up 100 packets with one catalog and 6 OOF (I downloaded a "2 per page" form off of here). I included a letter to the parents explaining what the students would earn, deadline, type of payments, etc. (I'm going to try to attach it here....hope it works!)

We gave the students 3 weeks to collect orders. Of the 96 people that placed orders NO ONE booked a show :( I included in the letter (in bold letters!) that they would earn an additional $3 but no takers.

Of all the checks I received, 2 had pink breast cancer ribbons on them. I am going to mail them info regarding HWC.

I received email addresses for about 1/3 of the orders. I plan on sending them an email thanking them for supporting our students along with my monthly newsletter. I'm going to ask them if they'd like to stay on my email list. (Since I didn't put on the order form that if they give me their email address I'll add them to my contact list...I want to make sure no one gets upset that I'm using their email address.)

Now I have to come up with a plan on sorting all this stuff!! I've had a few parents offer to help so I need a plan so it doesn't become a zoo :eek:

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Fundraiser.doc
    24 KB · Views: 903
whoa! congratulations!!!!
clap.gif

That's SO wonderful!
Congratulations!!!

Way to go!!!! :):)

GREAT JOB!!!!

I would suggest meeting in the school cafeteria if it's available to you. I had a large show and I took a room and sorted all the products by what they were and then filled orders one at a time. It worked out great. Just a thought!!

Congratulations!!!!! That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing your file!

Wonderful JOB!!

Woo-hoo!! Yay!! Congrats!

Way to go Lisa! thanks for the tips, too!

WOW - way to go!!!AMAZING job Lisa! Thank you for sharing your 'info' handout - it was VERY helpful! I would like to organize a successful fundraiser this year - so your ideas REALLY helped! :)

Two things I've discovered as I've gone through the orders that I will change for the NEXT :) fundraiser....1. Require a phone number for all orders with a credit card. That way if there is a decline, etc I can call the person directly. I have one order where someone made a copy of my order form and whited out the $4 shipping then scribbled out the box that says S&H! It's the only order like that and the person's order is off by $4.28. She paid with a CC but I can't call her to explain that the charge will be more than she is expecting. I feel funny running the full amount through without talking to her first. Now I have to call the parent and have her help me deal with it.2. I will add to my letter that "S&H is taxable in the state of Georgia. Please double check your orders. Any difference in totals will be deducted from your child's earnings." :eek: I had about 10 orders come up .28 short. I don't mind when it's off by one penny because they didn't round up...but I'm not eating this because they don't read the order form.

My question with fundraisers is always, Do you give prizes for the kids?
Thanks so much for sharing your sucess with us!!

wow. I can only hope my FR turns out this well. Good job.

Congrats!!!!

PChef_ang said:
My question with fundraisers is always, Do you give prizes for the kids?
Thanks so much for sharing your sucess with us!!

I have done several for schools and depending on the age of the kids I do. Last fall I did a 5th grade class fundraiser and I gave the top 5 sellers a $10 gift card and the top seller got a movie pack gift cert.
I'm doing one right now for a freshman class. The chairperson decided they would give the kids who sold over $100 free dues for the year. So that isn't out of my pocket. So I offered a 5% donation and I give $5 for every booking.
so far they are up to $3,000. We get the rest of the orders tomorrow.
I know another director who does the Gift cert. too. Sometimes she does a pizza party.

For this fund raiser we didn't offer prizes because each child receives 25% of their sales to go towards their trip. The teacher said that was enough incentive :) In the past I've offered a PC gift pack to the PARENT of the highest seller (because we all know that's really the person that collected the orders;) ) I like gift cards to movie theaters, WalMart, Target, etc so they can get what they want. I don't usually provide the money for the gift cards but I do donate the PC gift pack...usually something I had on hand that was a duplicate :D

Awesome!It is so great to see us do good! Way to go!:thumbup:

That is outrageous!! I am happy for you!!! CONGRATS

You sure are an inspiration to me! By your generous offer to give 10% of
your lower commission, you have been rewarded with that unbelievable total!!! Nice going. Thanks for the example you have given to us.

Way to go! Congrats on your half price conference!!

That was one awesome fundraiser, Lisa!!!!!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing with all of us!!!!!! Hope you get good help to sort the orders when they arrive!

Would love to get some fundraisers going in my area. How do you approach the different organizations to get their business?

Barb

flemings99 said:
Would love to get some fundraisers going in my area. How do you approach the different organizations to get their business?

Barb

This fund raiser came about just by my mentioning it to the teacher in passing. (The kids did one of those stupid "wrapping paper, candy" catalog fund raisers at Christmas. I told her I'd like to talk to her about a Pampered Chef fund raiser for the spring.) She emailed me a few months later and said she'd gotten it approved, what next? I have been floored by the response (handed out 100 packets, 25 students turned them back in, sales are at $3,760 right now :D )

I plan on sending letters to the area middle and high schools...to the attention of music teachers....and explain what we did and how successful it was. I will not offer to give up my commission to other schools like I did this one, my son is in the show choir. I might offer an additional 5% if their sales reach a certain point so that they can have 20%.

I really think the key to this being successful is that the kids have been trying all year to raise money for this trip. Their sales count directly towards them. That has always been the trouble in the past (with my fundraisers) there really isn't a big incentive to sell because it all went in to one pot. I'm going to focus on groups where the kids need to raise xx amount of funds toward their own trip.

For those of you that are new or have never done a fund raiser like this, you can include my stats (or someone else's) in your letter. You can tell people that "one middle school choir had only 25 students participate in the fund raiser and collected over $3,700 in orders!"

Way to Go, girl!!! Thanks for sharing your letter!

Final Grand Total.....I went to the school today and picked up a couple more orders. I just submitted the fund raiser and the final total submitted is.....

$4,206.50!

I just had a bowl of chocolate ice cream to celebrate :)

Great Job. Just sharing pumps me up

That is amazing!! Kudos to you! I hope you enjoyed your ice cream :) !!

Bumping...

Lisa,
I am looking at doing some fundraisers and I am curious how you were able to give 25% to each student? How does that work? How is it entered in P3?

Thanks!

AlowayFamily said:
Bumping...

Lisa,
I am looking at doing some fundraisers and I am curious how you were able to give 25% to each student? How does that work? How is it entered in P3?

Thanks!
I am doing another FR right now so I can answer this one for Lisa. Once a FR goes over $600, PC gives them 15% (under $600 and PC gives them 10%). Then I give them 10% on top of that (bringing their total to 25%) out of my own money that Imade off of the show. I put it in my expenses as a consultant gift or as a donation.

GeorgiaPeach said:
For this fund raiser we didn't offer prizes because each child receives 25% of their sales to go towards their trip. The teacher said that was enough incentive :) In the past I've offered a PC gift pack to the PARENT of the highest seller (because we all know that's really the person that collected the orders;) ) I like gift cards to movie theaters, WalMart, Target, etc so they can get what they want. I don't usually provide the money for the gift cards but I do donate the PC gift pack...usually something I had on hand that was a duplicate :D

Thanks for letting me know about the 10% donation from commission, that helps. I was wondering about the 25% that went to each child. Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but that looks like each child received 25% toward their trip. That would really help with a golf club fundraising I am trying to get.

Related to Woo Hoo....my Grand Total Is....

1. How did you manage to have such a high show total?

I offered a fund raiser to the chorus teacher at my son's school and offered an additional 10% from my commission, allowing the students to earn 25% for their trip to Orlando. This made it a win-win situation for everyone involved.

2. How much did you end up earning from this show?

The grand total for this show was $3,533.25, which is over double my highest show ever.

3. How did you use this show to benefit yourself?

With this show, I was able to earn enough commission to cover half of the cost of a conference and I am now looking to recruit someone so I can attend for free.

4. How did your family react to your successful show?

My family keeps asking if I'm going to feed them dinner because I'm so busy celebrating this amazing accomplishment. I couldn't wait to share this exciting news with everyone.

5. Do you have any tips for others looking to have a successful Pampered Chef show?

My biggest tip would be to think outside the box and offer fund raisers or partnerships with local organizations. This not only benefits the community, but it also helps you reach a larger audience and potentially have a higher show total.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tash
  • Lauradorable
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies