• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I grow my business while on the road with my husband?

In summary, Kris is preparing to go on the road with her husband next week and is thinking of ways to make her business work while she is away. She has come up with ideas on "How to Grow Business from the Road."
ihavethetools
Hey fellow Cheffers! You all inspire me so much. I love this site. When I'm not on for a few days it's usually b/c I've been so busy with life then I come back and get all inspired again, now i have to move that energy to WORK!
I'm getting ready (week after next) to go on the road with my dh. Basically I'll be with him three (apx) weeks and home 2. That's the plan (in a perfect world).

I am however DETERMINED to make my business work this time while on the truck with him. Going to take some creativity (just like everything does in the trucking world. So I am used to that.)

I have come up with some ideas on "How to Grow Business from the Road"
I'd love for any of you to add your ideas to mine. Please keep in mind that my ability to do a cooking show is very very limited while on the truck. I have only a small toaster oven, and can keep only a limited number of ingredients on board. I'll explore that possibility as time goes on, but for now, here is what I've come up with.

1. Keep in regular contact with customers and past hosts.
Email, phone, newsletter
2. Offer sales/specials/promotions
3. Put together packages and feature them each month - show how to get them for free.
4. Offer the business to every waitress you come in contact with - and anyone else you are able to talk to, including customers who are open to the idea. (Just open your mouth).
5. Have a booking blitz on the road -- phone customers to book a show in a specific time frame (close in) when you'll be sure to be home.
6. Anyone who peaks your interest --- offer a catalog show. Have things ready to go in your file in the truck.
7. Take names from drivers interested in a gift service to have PC directly delivered to a wife/mom/anyone to show you are thinking about them.
8. Get your website up and running so the gift service can operate.
9. Do fund raisers using catalog sales. Even host your own fund raiser.
10. Check out area events when you are down for a day or two and attend, making different contacts with people attending the event.
11. Hold Fabulous Friday Sales.
12. Continue 3-2-1
13. Wear your PC pin EVERYWHERE!
14. Leave old catalogs around.

This is where I've gotten so far.
Now the BIG question. I really don't want my cell phone number being spread all over the country. I guess I'll have to leave my home number and email on information and check my home messages. (Add that to my list of things to add voice mail to my landline so I can get the messages).

The past few months I knew this day was coming and I've stifled my business with the negative thinking that it's just too hard to build it in this unconventional way. But it hit me today that if I would think different about this and make it work, then it will. I just have to be MORE Intentional and DETERMINED as well.

Love to have any of your ideas added to this.

Kris

Kris,

Good luck! Where there's a will, there's a way! I have no doubt that you are going to make this work for you.

How about carrying around mini catalogs to leave with people and/or places you visit? I'm leaving them about with a "coupon" - place an order and receive $5 off or book at party and receive an extra $15 in product when we close the show. I put an expiration date on my coupon, as a call to action. Please remember to share with us how it goes for you.

Wish I could add some suggestions at this point but looks like you have just about thought about most things. What does come to mind as I type now is your banking the money for the orders/shows while you are on the road.

Other than that I wish you well and would love to hear about your adventures on the road and how your business grows with you!

Thanks Heather (and you'll know where I am when I'm not at Gail's meeting.....)

Good thinking Harriet, I'll be having a helper go through our mail with me so I'll hit the same helper up to do banking if needed. (Add that to my to do list....and my dh thinks all I need to do is pack my clothes, food for the dogs and voila! We're ready to go!) LOL

Kris

I say you should have a big CB show! (do truckers still use CB's in the cell phone age?) Announce a big cooking show with free food and discounted products at your next stop! It sounds like fun...I'd go if I were on the road looking for something to do!

That would be really cool Kim!

I heard this tip related to being on vacation, but you could do it from "on the road" too!

Send your reminder postcards to your hosts and potential recruits, and let them know where you are when you send them! You could even use from the state you are in that day - they will definately look at a post card they weren't expecting from the Grand Canyon, for example.

Emphasize that if you can work while on vacation or on the road, they can do it too! Shows how flexible our business can be, and that you are thinking of them!

If you were to do this from a vacation or a PC trip, let them know that how PC let you take that vacation! No boss to ask for a day off, helped pay, or earned it for FREE.

Good luck and have fun out there! We'll all be excited to hear how your trip turned out, and what you learned about taking your business on the road!

do you have
ihavethetools said:
Hey fellow Cheffers! You all inspire me so much. I love this site. When I'm not on for a few days it's usually b/c I've been so busy with life then I come back and get all inspired again, now i have to move that energy to WORK!
I'm getting ready (week after next) to go on the road with my dh. Basically I'll be with him three (apx) weeks and home 2. That's the plan (in a perfect world).

I am however DETERMINED to make my business work this time while on the truck with him. Going to take some creativity (just like everything does in the trucking world. So I am used to that.)

I have come up with some ideas on "How to Grow Business from the Road"
I'd love for any of you to add your ideas to mine. Please keep in mind that my ability to do a cooking show is very very limited while on the truck. I have only a small toaster oven, and can keep only a limited number of ingredients on board. I'll explore that possibility as time goes on, but for now, here is what I've come up with.

1. Keep in regular contact with customers and past hosts.
Email, phone, newsletter
2. Offer sales/specials/promotions
3. Put together packages and feature them each month - show how to get them for free.
4. Offer the business to every waitress you come in contact with - and anyone else you are able to talk to, including customers who are open to the idea. (Just open your mouth).
5. Have a booking blitz on the road -- phone customers to book a show in a specific time frame (close in) when you'll be sure to be home.
6. Anyone who peaks your interest --- offer a catalog show. Have things ready to go in your file in the truck.
7. Take names from drivers interested in a gift service to have PC directly delivered to a wife/mom/anyone to show you are thinking about them.
8. Get your website up and running so the gift service can operate.
9. Do fund raisers using catalog sales. Even host your own fund raiser.
10. Check out area events when you are down for a day or two and attend, making different contacts with people attending the event.
11. Hold Fabulous Friday Sales.
12. Continue 3-2-1
13. Wear your PC pin EVERYWHERE!
14. Leave old catalogs around.

This is where I've gotten so far.
Now the BIG question. I really don't want my cell phone number being spread all over the country. I guess I'll have to leave my home number and email on information and check my home messages. (Add that to my list of things to add voice mail to my landline so I can get the messages).

The past few months I knew this day was coming and I've stifled my business with the negative thinking that it's just too hard to build it in this unconventional way. But it hit me today that if I would think different about this and make it work, then it will. I just have to be MORE Intentional and DETERMINED as well.

Love to have any of your ideas added to this.

Kris

Do you have a PC website? I'd leave that for everyone, then those that are really interested can go through your site to contact you. If not, just put your email on everything, then you can choose who to give other personal information to.

I've got to pay for my PC site so I can get it up and running again.

Our original goal (dh's and mine) was to team drive. Some obstacles got in the way and we haven't done it yet (I don't have my cdl yet). So that's something we're going to be working on too.

I have a really hard time keeping my focus on my goals...so I've asked my dh to help and support me in actually getting this DONE on the road.
Thanks you guys for the encouragement and extra ideas.

The CB show? Hmmm, well we hardly ever turn ours on b/c of all the garbage on it, and I'm kinda cb shy. LOL Gonna have to run that one through my brain a few times. : )

Kris

You can also have RV shows. If you know where you will be stopping and staying the night and it is in or near an RV park, email or call them and ask if you can send some flyers and have a party when you are there to help people see what PC products can help in their limited space environment.

That's a great idea Kate!

I'll write that one down Kate!
I know there's an RV park in Tampa where we've parked before.

My dh is a really hard worker and in cases like this all the cards will have to fall in the right place, and that means I have to be prepared at all times to implement ideas.

Thanks you guys.

Kris

What are the essential items to pack for a road trip?

Some essential items to pack for a road trip include a first aid kit, snacks and water, a map or GPS, a phone charger, and necessary toiletries.

How can I keep my food and drinks cool during a road trip?

Investing in a cooler or insulated cooler bag can help keep your food and drinks cool during a road trip. You can also use ice packs or frozen water bottles to keep items chilled.

What are some easy and healthy snack ideas for a road trip?

Some easy and healthy snack ideas for a road trip include fresh fruit, trail mix, granola bars, and pre-made sandwiches or wraps. You can also pack cut up vegetables and hummus for a nutritious option.

How often should I take breaks during a long road trip?

It is recommended to take a break every 2-3 hours during a long road trip. This will give you a chance to stretch your legs, use the restroom, and refuel if needed.

What should I do to prepare my car before a road trip?

Before a road trip, it's important to check your car's oil, tire pressure, and fluid levels. It's also a good idea to have a spare tire and necessary tools in case of an emergency. Schedule a tune-up or inspection if your car is due for one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • mountainmama74
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • krahema