• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lesson Learned: The Consequences of a Lazy Mistake

In summary, the customer wanted to buy the Snowman Platter from a show on February 28th, but it was gone by the time she got there. She found two other consultants who were selling theirs, and she paid them with cash. She took the cash with her and paid her fellow consultants 3 weeks later. The host wasn't home when the platters were dropped off, so the customer told her to just mail it. 3 weeks later, the customer realized she was short in her account, and called the host. The host said she mailed it 2 weeks ago, but the customer's checks arrived 2 weeks later, un-touched, and the customer
NooraK
Gold Member
I had a customer at a show on February 28th, who wanted the Snowman Platter. Unfortunately, by that time, it was gone. I did some asking around, and found two fellow consultants in the area, willing to sell theirs. It happened to be the day of our cluster meeting when I spoke with them. I confirmed with the customer that she would want both. Customer works with my host, and gave cash payment to the host to give to me (who lives just a few blocks away). I took cash with me from my own account and paid my fellow consultants.

I dropped off the platters a few days later, but the host wasn't home at the moment. I had spoken to her about the cash, and here's my stupid move: I told her to just put it in the mail. Now, 3 weeks later, I'm trying to figure out why I'm short in my PC account, and realize it's because of this. I called her, and she said she mailed out the payment 2 weeks ago. I know better than to tell anyone to mail cash. I was just too darn lazy to drive back over to her house to pick it up.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Lesson learned.

(((hugs))) And she should know better than to mail cash. Do you think she's pretending to have mailed it?

Sheila said:
(((hugs))) And she should know better than to mail cash. Do you think she's pretending to have mailed it?

I don't want to think that. My suspicious mind tends to think the worst (especially since my 9-5 job is all about credit card fraud and identity theft). The customer had said to me the day of the transaction that she was giving the cash to my host. When I spoke to the host the other day, she said she'd checked wih the customer, and they (she used the plural) had mailed it almost two weeks ago Thursday.

In any case, I don't have a leg to stand on to say anything, it's my bad, and it's my lesson to learn. I just could have used that $40 for something else... I'm still hoping that my husband will find it in his truck (he has a habit of getting the mail out of the box, but not out of his car).

Aw, man! You have my sympathies.

Don't lose hope yet. I had a host mail me her party checks and she also included $200 cash!!! STUPID! Same thing---weeks later didn't get the pymt and I was holding her show till I got it.

Host was upset, I was upset, no one wanted to be out the money.

6 weeks after she mailed it, it arrived un-touched!!!

Crossing my fingers it still arrives safe and sound.

Maybe it will still show up! I did the same thing with 2 of my recent shows. I closed them in P3 before I got payment from the host thinking the payments would show up right away. 2 Weeks later I still don't have them and of couse they have their products. Lessons well learned for both of us!

I just had a check take 2 weeks to arrive from a hostess. It just got "lost" in the mail. After a week, she decieded to use her credit card so we could get the party closed. When the checks finally arrived, I put them in a bigger envelope and mailed then right back to her. She lived about 45 min from me. Good luck! I hope it shows up!!

So... I was looking for something in the garage on Saturday, and found a pile of unopened mail. The newspaper in that pile was dated for March 17th. Among the other items was an envelope from my customer with a check.

I was highly annoyed at DH, because I had specifically asked him about any recent mail. I know he has a tendency to pick up mail and not get it all the way into the house. I let him know of my annoyance, and got over it.

Now, since I thought the customer had sent cash, I have to call her to see if the check is still good.

DH's are notorious for doing dumb things! At least you know the customer was good on her word and mailed it. I'm sure it's still good, it's only been a couple weeks, but calling to make sure is always a good idea!

chefsteph07 said:
DH's are notorious for doing dumb things! At least you know the customer was good on her word and mailed it. I'm sure it's still good, it's only been a couple weeks, but calling to make sure is always a good idea!

Well, it's been almost two months at this point, so I didn't want her to be surprised when the check came through.

Are you married to my husband? LOL I would go with the "I just got it today!" line.

AJPratt said:
Are you married to my husband? LOL I would go with the "I just got it today!" line.

Well, his name IS Dave... :D

1. What is "What a Stupid Move by Me"?

"What a Stupid Move by Me" is a game made by Pampered Chef that challenges players to complete kitchen tasks in a race against time. It's a fun and interactive way to test your skills in the kitchen.

2. How many players can participate in the game?

The game can be played with 2-6 players, making it a great option for family game nights or gatherings with friends.

3. What types of kitchen tasks are included in the game?

The game includes a variety of tasks such as slicing, dicing, mixing, and measuring ingredients. It also includes challenges like setting the table and cleaning up after cooking.

4. How long does a typical game last?

A game of "What a Stupid Move by Me" typically lasts around 30 minutes, but can vary depending on the number of players and their skill level.

5. Is the game suitable for children?

Yes, the game is suitable for children ages 8 and up. It's a great way to get kids involved in cooking and teach them important kitchen skills in a fun and competitive way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mindyanne44
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nene960
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lt1jane