• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can't Decide Whether to Bless and Release or Pursue This One...

C
chelynn
In my first month I did a catty for my friend's SIL. She collected about $300 in orders, and everyone but one person paid with a credit card. This one person I called personally, and she said she was sending me a check for her balance of $84.14.

Rookie Mistake #1: Do not submit show until you receive payment.

But I did. Supposedly the first time she mailed the check it was returned to her labelled "insufficient address." The second time, it disappeared. She called her bank, and the check hadn't been cashed, so she cancelled it. During that time, I moved. So I gave her my new address a couple weeks ago, and she was supposed to mail me a new check. Still haven't received it. So with my Fall Kick-Off invite and September Newsletter, I enclosed a copy of her receipt, and wrote that I still had not received her payment. I enclosed a SASE and told her I must receive payment by September 10th.

I did not say what I would do after that, mostly because I didn't know what I was going to do. That's a lot of money! I have contacted the host, and I know she has spoken to the customer about it, and says the customer feel really bad that I'm out the money. Bless & Release? Or pursue it?

Don't bless and release this!!! It sounds like at least one of the issues could have been real. If you don't get a check by the 10th, call her. If you don't get a response, send a registered letter - ask Ann, she should be able to help you more with the legalities.

I wouldn't let it go!! I would definitely pursue it! Someone here will give you the appropriate answers you need! Hang in there!

Products???Did she already get her products?

When someone does not pay me for her products I make sure to tell the hosts to hang on to her order until she does, that way I can send the products back to HO after a couple of weeks to get a refund.

If she does have the products I would not bless and release this one! It seems like you have had some good communication with her. She answers when you call her, and you were able to give her your new address, that is a good thing. Have you ever suggested coming to her home to pick up payment or the products?
Obviously she spent more than she could afford and is now trying to either kill time until next payday or she is really trying to make you eat that $80. It is a lot of money and I would definitely pursue it.

If Sept 10th comes and goes and she doesn't want you to come to her home for payment I would suggest you send the certified letter as a threat that you will take her to small claims court to receive your funds, as well as any legal fees. Hopefully this will scare her! This stinks, I am so sorry! :(

Debbie :D

Definitely pursue it. I would give her a deadline. We all have learned from the "pay later" people.

Call her every day. If she lives within an hour of you go to her house. Don't stalk her but be persistant. Tell her that you don't have the money to cover her any longer. I wouldn't involve the host except to ask her if she sees the person often - she could get the check and get it to you... (better yet a money order).

When you do get the mysterious check take it to a branch of her bank to cash it. If you deposit it and it bounces there are extra charges and you start the whole process of getting payment again. (I bet she never sent it - once okay but how many has she said she sent??)

Tell her to send it registered so there's a record.

She does have her products. It was a long-distance show, so I couldn't have them shipped here (not that I would have thought of that before Chef Success!). I told the host I did not have payment yet, but she gave her the items anyway. I guess I wasn't clear on that point.

I would drive there, but it is quite far. I am planning to call everyone about my Kick-Off this weekend anyway, so I'll probably call her then and see what she says. I want to believe her, but I just can't imagine so many things going wrong with one payment. I have received several other payments by mail during this time, so I know my mail works.

I would not bless and release this at all. I would keep on at it until I receive payment.

Do you see the host? Maybe she could pick the check up for you. If someone near her it coming to your Fall Kick Off ask them to pick it up for you. Then you take out the excuse of "lost in the mail."

Maybe you can try having her pay through paypal if you both have accounts? Then it is automatic...

Related to I Can't Decide Whether to Bless and Release or Pursue This One...

1. What is the best way to handle a situation where a customer has not paid for their order?

The best way to handle this situation is to first contact the customer and remind them of their outstanding balance. If they do not respond or make payment, consider sending a reminder letter or email. If the customer still does not pay, it is important to assess the value of the unpaid order and decide whether it is worth pursuing legal action or if it would be more beneficial to bless and release the customer and move on.

2. What is a common mistake that new consultants make when submitting orders?

A common mistake that new consultants make is submitting a show before receiving payment from all customers. It is important to make sure all payments are received before submitting the order to avoid situations where customers do not pay.

3. What should I do if a customer's check for their order bounces?

If a customer's check bounces, the first step is to contact the customer and ask for alternative payment methods. If the customer does not respond or make payment, consider sending a reminder letter or email. If the customer still does not pay, it is important to assess the value of the unpaid order and decide whether it is worth pursuing legal action or if it would be more beneficial to bless and release the customer and move on.

4. What is the recommended course of action if a customer's check is lost or stolen?

If a customer's check is lost or stolen, it is important to contact the customer and ask for a replacement check. If the customer does not respond or make payment, consider sending a reminder letter or email. If the customer still does not pay, it is important to assess the value of the unpaid order and decide whether it is worth pursuing legal action or if it would be more beneficial to bless and release the customer and move on.

5. How should I handle a situation where a customer continually delays payment for their order?

If a customer continually delays payment for their order, it is important to have clear communication with the customer and set a firm deadline for when payment must be received. If the customer still does not pay, it is important to assess the value of the unpaid order and decide whether it is worth pursuing legal action or if it would be more beneficial to bless and release the customer and move on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Suzyengl
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom