• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Sprinkle

cewcooks

Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2007
I did not see a post about this so I have to share how I used the sprinkle, I make a cake for a co workers b day, I put some in the batter, and ontop of the icing and everyone loved it, they asked for the icing recipe and all I did was add the lemon sprinkle and they thought it was homemade....

next I will be trying those lemon drop cookies!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Nice idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
Nice...thanks! Think I'll use the frosting tip over lemon poppyseed cake!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Nice...thanks! Think I'll use the frosting tip over lemon poppyseed cake!

Mmmmm - I have a great recipe for a lemon poppyseed bread w/ a lemon glaze. I bet the lemon sprinkle would be wonderful on top of it!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Mmmmm - I have a great recipe for a lemon poppyseed bread w/ a lemon glaze. I bet the lemon sprinkle would be wonderful on top of it!

Make sure you share that recipe sometime you have a free moment! I'm trying to find recipes for these sprinkles and sauces, and that sounds delicious!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Make sure you share that recipe sometime you have a free moment! I'm trying to find recipes for these sprinkles and sauces, and that sounds delicious!

Bobbi - I'll post the recipe - maybe tomorrow? It's funny, because I got the recipe from someplace else, and the name of it is "Becky's Famous Lemon Bread"....but it's not me. That was the name of it when it was given to me. :D

It is really yummy though. My little guy LOVES it!

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
Oh please do share! I LOVE Lemon Poppyseed cake....I have a good one too, need to dig it up.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Oh please do share! I LOVE Lemon Poppyseed cake....I have a good one too, need to dig it up.

When you say cake - is that the same as bread? Do you make it in a loaf pan, or as an actual cake? Mine is like a Tea Bread - so maybe we need to share both recipes! :D

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mine is for Poppy Seed Cake....perfect for our fluted pan. We had this every Saturday night, at the Rectory, while in High School. It was loved by everyone that it was the star recipe in a collaborative cookbook. Here's the recipe, from Rectory Recipes - St. Paul's School:

Serves 24

1 Yellow Cake Mix, plain
1 Vanilla instant pudding mix
1/3 c. Poppy seeds
1 c. Sour Cream
1/2 c. Cream Sherry
1/2 c. Oil
4 eggs
Confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour 1 bundt pan. Mix together eggs, sherry, sour cream and oil in mixer bowl. Add cake mix, pudding and poppy seeds. Blend well for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake 70 to 80 minutes or until done (pulls away from sides of pan). Unmold on rack. Cool completely. Cut into 24 slices, the dust with confectioner's sugar.

I'm going to play with this and see if I can make it a micro cake....hope you love it as much as I remember loving it. :D

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Laurie - Ok...maybe a dumb question but what is Cream Sherry?

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I do an apple muffin with a cream cheese frosting. I have used the caramel and cinnamon sprinkles in the cream cheese frosting to boost the flavor. If I make a lemon muffin, that same cream cheese frosting with the lemon sprinkles will make them really pop! And no, I will not use the apple sprinkles in the frosting with the apple muffins. To much apple! Maybe for a spice cake though! I think Cream Sherry is a smoother tasting sherry. It would be like comparing Coke to Vanilla Coke. It gets a smoother, sweeter taste with the addition of something. Or like Tequila compared to tequila Rose.

Oct 29, 2009
I would love to have the apple recipe and the recipe for the lemon drop cookies! If you could email them to me at [email protected] that would be GREAT!

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2009
I would love to have the apple recipe and the recipe for the lemon drop cookies! If you could email them to me at that would be GREAT!

legacypc46

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2006
This is not the thread to open and read when you're already hungry! I am going to make the cake recipe this week...and the bread one as well....as I know Becky will get it posted. ;)

chefcharity

Advanced Member
Oct 27, 2008
Sooooo... any chance you could just cut and paste those recipes into this thread or a new one? I'd love them too! :) or if you have time [email protected]
Thanks!

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
Does anyone else's lemon sprinkle smell odd? My husband and dad think mine smells like saw dust. doesn't have a great smell to it and it also really doesn't taste like much.

Was disappointed b/c all the other sprinkles smell so yummy.

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
does anyone know what the shelf life is for the sprinkles? I looked and unless I missed it, did not see an expiration date but went to use my cinnamon sprinkles but they did not smell good so I threw them out. thanks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views