1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Learned a Lesson!

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

The lesson learned is NEVER use the large metal bar pan to make Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares!

Last Saturday, I had a huge brunch party (25 expected - 24 showed up!) and the host had several vegetarian guests, so we decided to do one batch in the stone, and a vegetarian one in the metal bar pan.

Well, it stuck so bad (and yes, I oiled the pan) that since then, I've been soaking, scraping, and scrubbing every day! Finally, today I bought a metal scrubbie thing, and was able to make it presentable again. Of course, it's completely covered in scratch marks now, but at least it's clean. I guess I've used stoneware for so long that I forgot what a pain metal bakeware can be!

Nov 4, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Wow, that had to be frustrating. I'm glad you finally got it clean.

Nov 4, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Parchment next time! That stinks that it was at a show.

Nov 4, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It didn't seem to bother anyone at the show - they ate the whole pan! (and the show is closing tomorrow at over $1000!!!)

Nov 4, 2009
  5. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Awesome!!!

Nov 4, 2009
  6. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Grrr....sorry to hear you had to use so much muscle....I've forgotten about the scouring and scrubbing since I became a stone junkie! :) Way to go with the $1000 show....I want one too! :p

7. ChefLAM

ChefLAM Member

Sorry about the pan! I'm now a stoneware girl, too. Congratulations on the show total. That is wonderful!

Nov 5, 2009
  8. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I still haven't used my metal pans. They're right there, very handy, but I can't seem to pick them. I haven't used metal pans in more than 25 years and I can't make me use them now. ...well I used the small one in the toaster oven once but even with it stored IN the toaster oven and the stone small bar pan on the other counter I always (but that once) use the stone. That once it worked just fine, btw.

Nov 5, 2009
  9. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It's amazing the difference between using stoneware and other pans. Just last night at my mom's for dinner, the chicken nuggets for my picky toddler came out so hard on her metal sheet pans. Over the weekend I made 2 pans of chicken enchiladas to serve for company. One batch was in my 9x13 stoneware and my other one had to go in *gasp* Pyrex. Now, I used to LOVE my pyrex, but since using stoneware I totally see a difference in cooking/baking quality. My stoneware enchiladas came out perfectly and the pan was so easy to clean. The pyrex batch was cooked unevenly and the bottoms of the tortillas were so hard you had to use a knife to cut through them all the way. And even though I greased the pan, I still had to soak and scrub it.

Now I know why they invented foil and parchment paper! ;)

Nov 5, 2009
  10. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

The difference is really amazing. My husband and I just moved into our own house and when he was putting my PC stuff away he asked why we even need the metal pans! He is slightly addicted to my stoneware!!

Nov 5, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted