• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lactose Intolerant Host - Need Dairy Free Recipe Ideas

IngredientsShortcakes: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs, beaten 1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup 1 tablespoon glucose or maltose 1 teaspoon vanilla extract FILLING: 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar Directions1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C
pamperedval
Gold Member
Help!

I have a host in a couple weeks who can't do dairy. Any good show recipes that I can make that will show off lots of good products?

How about a 10 minute pork recipe.... I don' think there is any milk in the BBQ sandwich recipe.

Broccoli, Grape and Chick Pea Salad (not PC but very tasty)
Ingredients
2 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched for 2 minutes in boiling water and then rinsed with cold water
2 cups red grapes, sliced in half if large
19 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 English cucumber, diced 1/4 inch (leave skin on)
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard (I use provencal mustard instead. Add more mustard if you love mustard.)
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
salt and pepper, to taste
Directions
1Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
2Whisk remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
3Combine dressing with salad, and stir again before serving.
4Best served at room temperature.

You could use a lot of products with this, cookware, SA or trifle bowl to serve, measuring cups, whisk, batter bowls, herb keeper (show), and the shears to cut the herbs (or the herb part on the shears), cutting boards, quick cut paring knife or forged paring knife for grapes, etc.

HTH!

We love this recipe in the summer! (Its not my own, LOL)

How about the grapefruit/avacado/chicken salad? No dairy products, showcases lots of tools, fun to make as an interactive show, feeds a dozen....and pretty darned tasty.

For a quickie dessert - lactose free cake mix and a can of pop... mix together, cook in microwave in fluted stone for approx 10 minutes!

Or the Harvest Chicken Salad - I don't remember if that had milk products or not, but if so, she would probably be able to tell you what a good lactose-free replacement is.

katie0128 said:
For a quickie dessert - lactose free cake mix and a can of pop... mix together, cook in microwave in fluted stone for approx 10 minutes!

Or the Harvest Chicken Salad - I don't remember if that had milk products or not, but if so, she would probably be able to tell you what a good lactose-free replacement is.

The only thing is the dressing, it has mayo in it, not sure if theres a substitute....

Mayo isn't technically dairy, because it's just eggs (not dairy, although they are stored in the fridge) and oil.30 Minute Chicken
Profiterole Puffs (use the Cool Whip variation for the filling instead of the real whipped cream)
Asian Pork Noodle Skillet
Nutty Caramel Brownies
the Power Cooking recipes, generally (not the Stroganoff because it has sour cream, and skip the cheese on the others)

profiterole puffs will have diary if you use coolwhip (casein) -- but that is milk protein, not lactose (milk sugar). So long as she is lactose intolerant, not allergic to milk, they should be fine.If you are doing the brownies, check the chocolate chips , brownie mix & rolos as they all have milk ingredients, though perhaps not lactose.My daughter has a milk allergy, so I have become an even more fanatical label reader than I was before.

I had a lactose intolerant host and we made the Summer Berry Shortcakes. She okayed them and did okay with them even though we used a little melted butter.

1. What are some dairy-free substitutes for common ingredients in recipes?

Some dairy-free substitutes include almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, and soy milk for dairy milk. For butter, you can use coconut oil, avocado oil, or plant-based butter. Nutritional yeast can be used as a substitute for cheese.

2. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed for dairy-free cooking?

Yes, our Quick Cooker and Deluxe Air Fryer are great options for cooking dairy-free recipes. They both have multiple cooking functions and can easily accommodate dairy-free ingredients.

3. Are there any dairy-free recipes that are quick and easy to make?

Absolutely! Our website has a variety of dairy-free recipes that are quick and easy to make. Some popular ones include dairy-free mac and cheese, dairy-free banana bread, and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies.

4. How can I make a dairy-free version of my favorite Pampered Chef recipe?

You can make a dairy-free version of your favorite Pampered Chef recipe by using dairy-free substitutes for any dairy ingredients. You can also check our website for dairy-free versions of our popular recipes.

5. Can I still use my Pampered Chef cookware and tools for dairy-free cooking?

Yes, you can still use your Pampered Chef cookware and tools for dairy-free cooking. Just make sure to thoroughly clean them after each use to avoid any cross-contamination with dairy products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • doughmama