• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dairy-Free Brunch Recipes for a Lactose-Intolerant Host | Get Inspired Now!

In summary, Andrea's brunch show this Saturday has a dairy free dish that can be made with Vanilla Soy Milk.
cookinwithmk
HELP!!! I have a brunch show this Saturday and I just found out that my host can't eat dairy. Anyone out there have any recipe ideas?? Mk

cookinwithmk said:
HELP!!! I have a brunch show this Saturday and I just found out that my host can't eat dairy. Anyone out there have any recipe ideas?? Mk

If she can eat soy Plain soy milk is a good substitute, and Soy Margerine works the same tool.
My son is severely allergic to anything edible from a cow so we've had to adapt just for him...

You can substitue at lot of dairy products with soy products, but will want to read the ingredients just incase, some things have dairy protiens that people don't consider dairy products but can still cause reactions.

Turkey or Chicken can subsitute beef almost every time....

What kind of dish are you making? I can be more specific if I know whether its a dessert, appetizer or main dish.

Soy Whipped Cream:

1/4 cup Soy Milk
1/2 cup veg. oil
1 Tbp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla

in blender on highest speed mix soy milk and 1/4 cup oil, slowly drizzle in rest of oil, add syrup and vanilla until thick.
I find it best to chill for at least 30 minutes before using.

I'll actually be making some shortly to do a Dairy Free Trifle for my family tonight (my bowl came today :D )

You might want to ask her if she is allergic to dairy or just lactose intolerant. I am lactose intolerant but can handle yellow cheeses such as cheddar in fair quantities without any problems. Milk and mozzarella and others really get me, but I can also take something to help that...

If she isn't allergic it may give you more freedom.

Andrea - that recipe does look good - I'll have to try that with my son. Do you use unflavored soy milk or do you use vanilla flavored. My son likes to drink the vanilla flavored better (he's 3).

janetupnorth said:
You might want to ask her if she is allergic to dairy or just lactose intolerant. I am lactose intolerant but can handle yellow cheeses such as cheddar in fair quantities without any problems. Milk and mozzarella and others really get me, but I can also take something to help that...

If she isn't allergic it may give you more freedom.

Andrea - that recipe does look good - I'll have to try that with my son. Do you use unflavored soy milk or do you use vanilla flavored. My son likes to drink the vanilla flavored better (he's 3).

We usually use Vanilla Soy Milk with receipes that call for milk and vanilla, that way we just skip adding the extra vanilla. Either or is fine though. Right now plain is opened so I'll probably use that.

Thank you so much for the input!! Just knowing about the soy milk & margarine really opens up the options for me. I was hoping to make some type of coffeecake because it is a 10AM show.

cookinwithmk said:
Thank you so much for the input!! Just knowing about the soy milk & margarine really opens up the options for me. I was hoping to make some type of coffeecake because it is a 10AM show.

Original Bisquick is dairy free, so you CAN make a coffee cake! :D My husband made us one over the weekend... now I just wish PC had flour/sugar/b.sugar/coffee containers to keep my stuff fresh!:rolleyes:

ay, thanksHi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand the importance of accommodating dietary restrictions for your hosts and guests. Here are a few dairy-free brunch recipes that are sure to impress your lactose-intolerant host and all of your guests:1. Vegan French Toast Casserole - This recipe uses almond milk and flaxseed to create a delicious and dairy-free version of the classic brunch dish.2. Dairy-Free Quiche - You can make a quiche without any dairy by using almond milk, tofu, and dairy-free cheese. Add your favorite veggies and herbs for a flavorful dish.3. Avocado Toast with Smoked Salmon - This trendy dish is already dairy-free, but you can take it to the next level by using gluten-free bread and adding smoked salmon for a protein boost.4. Fruit Salad with Coconut Cream - Instead of using traditional whipped cream, top your fruit salad with a dollop of coconut cream for a dairy-free and refreshing dessert option.I hope these ideas help and best of luck with your brunch show this Saturday! Remember, Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and products that can make dairy-free cooking and baking easier and more delicious. Happy cooking!

1. What are some dairy-free alternatives for popular brunch dishes?

Some popular options include using almond milk or coconut milk in place of regular milk in recipes. For creamy dishes, you can also use cashew or coconut cream. Nutritional yeast is a great substitute for cheese, and avocado can add a creamy texture to dishes as well.

2. Are there any dairy-free options for pancakes and waffles?

Absolutely! You can use almond milk or coconut milk in place of regular milk in pancake and waffle batter. For a dairy-free buttermilk substitute, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar with 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before using in the recipe.

3. Can I still make quiche without dairy?

Yes, you can! Simply substitute almond milk or coconut milk for the dairy milk and use a dairy-free cheese alternative or omit the cheese altogether. You can also add in extra vegetables or protein, such as mushrooms or tofu, for added flavor and texture.

4. What are some dairy-free options for sweet treats at brunch?

There are plenty of delicious dairy-free dessert options for brunch, such as dairy-free cinnamon rolls, fruit parfaits with coconut yogurt, or dairy-free French toast using almond milk. You can also opt for a savory brunch with dishes like dairy-free quiche or avocado toast.

5. Can I still have a traditional brunch with dairy-free options?

Absolutely! Many traditional brunch dishes can be made dairy-free with simple substitutions. For example, you can use dairy-free milk and cheese in an omelette, serve dairy-free yogurt with granola and fruit, or use dairy-free milk in your coffee or tea. With so many options available, you can still enjoy a delicious and satisfying brunch without any dairy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies