• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knife Block Confusion: Will My Carving Set Fit?

In summary, the customer says the steak knives don't fit in the knife block, and the customer also says the carving set doesn't fit. The customer says the cost of shipping the knife block back was $34. The customer says the finish came off of the knife block, and the customer also says the carving set is too big and hard to handle.
SassyCook
Did they change the knife block or something. I read on here the the carving set fits in the block. Mine doesn't. I got it just for that because it would fit in the block.

They didn't change it. I read that comment you referred to. That customer must have been wrong. You can fit the knife block set plus the 4 steak knives. There are 2 other slots, but I don't think the fork would fit.If you're not satisfied with it, or if you want clarification, maybe send an e-mail to HO about it. You can return it if you aren't happy with it.

Read on here or read in the catalog? I know the steak knives fit, but never heard of the carving set fitting, only the bread knife.

WARNING the cost of shipping the knife block back was $34
the finish came off of mine and I did an adjustment I mailed it in the same box it is packaged in and it was outrageous

Teresa - did HO send you the replacement first? My block was cracked, I did the adjustment and HO sent me a new one. I'm suppose to send the old one back but I haven't done it yet because I can't afford the expense.

Teresa Lynn said:
the finish came off of mine and I did an adjustment I mailed it in the same box it is packaged in and it was outrageous

You got hosed on shipping!!!! What carrier was that with?

Teresa Lynn said:

I was going to ship back a box of assorted items once with a skillet and some other things. I went to a shipping place and it was over $20 just for those items. I sent a WHOLE set of SS cookware back through the post office - with tracking and insurance - and it was $18. Post office is the way to go if you can. In my opinion, that is....

it was the regular post office
and i took it back out of the lady's hands and wouldn't let her print the postage...HO had already sent the new one and I put it in the box it came in I called HO on my cell while at the post office and asked for a commission adjustment and I'd throw this one in my camper or one of my boy's apartments because I was not paying that much
but they needed it back for quality issues I finally threw enough of a fit that they sent a label.

Teresa Lynn said:
it was the regular post office
and i took it back out of the lady's hands and wouldn't let her print the postage...

HO had already sent the new one and I put it in the box it came in I called HO on my cell while at the post office and asked for a commission adjustment and I'd throw this one in my camper or one of my boy's apartments because I was not paying that much
but they needed it back for quality issues I finally threw enough of a fit that they sent a label.

That's good. That probably cost much less. I know FedEx ground with that size weight would not charge that high of a price.

It was on here Janet. Also I think I'm going to send the carving set back, it's kinda too big and hard to handle.

SassyCook said:
It was on here Janet. Also I think I'm going to send the carving set back, it's kinda too big and hard to handle.

Is it a lot different than the one from the outlet (the older version)... I have that and love it, doesn't seem big or hard to handle at all... I ordered that and just recently the steak knives from the outlet (2 sets)... Love them! WE used both the carving and steak knives for a pork loin that we made and it was like cutting through butter. Tonight we're having steaks on the grill, so get to try them on real steak. I just couldn't spend that much on the new steak knives, these seem great. Anyone have both new and old that can say if there is a huge difference besides the handles? I hope the old steak knives fit in the Bamboo Knife Block... I just ordered it... then started reading all of this...

Okay, I finally got my new knife block, and I like it but I'm confused a little... I have all of the forged knives except the 2 small paring knives... plus I have 2 sets of the old steak knives... But when I put all of my knives in I have one big slot left, plus I could only get one set of steak knives in and then have 3 empty, that part I understand, it's for the paring knives, and I could put part of my other steak knife set in there, although it would be nice if it had an even number... but the part that bothers me is the empty big slot... it looks like I'm missing one of the set and I'm not. My DH says I'm too picky, but I don't want an empty slot. I'm using the and getting rid of my Kitchen Aid knife block set because I never use any of those knives now that I have these, ours are so much better. But the kitchen aid one is full and looks nice... DH said to put one of the KA ones in the empty spot, but they have all SS handles, plus I was going to give that set to my son for his house... hmm, any thoughts? Guess I just needed to vent, because I'm sure there isn't an answer to this, but if someone has an answer that would be great! Thanks!

I have mine on order right now. I have all the Forged Cutlery except the steak knives, and I was thinking the only empty slots would be the ones for the steak knives and the big slot for the kitchen shears (I LOVE my old white ones and don't have the black ones.) Could that be the slot you're referring to?

There are more slots than we currently have knives in the line. I view it as an opportunity for HO to introduce more knives in the future without needing to redesign the block.

chefann said:
There are more slots than we currently have knives in the line. I view it as an opportunity for HO to introduce more knives in the future without needing to redesign the block.

That's exactly what I was thinking Ann. I think we're going to see more knives come out over the next few years.

There is a total of 16 slots plus the 2 spots for the kitchen shears. Maybe HO is coming out with more knives in the future or the block was made to hold extra knives.

I have only one emply slot, I plan on filling it with an extra 8" chef knife.

Oh I guess great minds think a like!!!

Thank you ladies for your input... guess I'll just have to wait for some new knives!!

Teresa, I'm so confused...has something changed? Whenever I do an adjustment, I've never had to pay for return shipping. I've been out of the loop for a while...was that discontinued? That was one of our best customer service offerings!

I'd had it since it was brought into the line

rajenkiPC said:
Teresa, I'm so confused...has something changed? Whenever I do an adjustment, I've never had to pay for return shipping. I've been out of the loop for a while...was that discontinued? That was one of our best customer service offerings!

It depends on how long after the original shipment the adjustment is. If it's within 30 days, HO pays the shipping. If it's longer than that, the customer does.

Related to Knife Block Confusion: Will My Carving Set Fit?

1. Can I fit all of my knives in the knife block?

Yes, our knife blocks are designed to fit a variety of knife sizes and shapes. The block has multiple slots and can accommodate both large and small knives.

2. Will my carving set fit in the knife block?

Yes, our knife blocks have slots specifically designed for carving knives, so your carving set will fit perfectly.

3. Can I remove or add slots to the knife block?

No, our knife blocks are pre-designed and cannot have slots removed or added. However, they have enough slots to accommodate most knife collections.

4. Are the slots in the knife block angled or straight?

The slots in our knife blocks are angled, which helps to keep the knives securely in place and prevents them from slipping out.

5. Is the knife block dishwasher safe?

No, we do not recommend putting the knife block in the dishwasher. It is best to hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• j&k'smom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
j&k'smom
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
SassyCook
  • kdangel518