1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Kit napper ...

1. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

A question came up today at a Christmas Bazaar that I didn't know the answer to. What happens if someone doesn't qualify in 90 days? Do they have to send the kit back??? Does the PC police come & get them? ;) This is a person that really just wants the kit and doesn't want to do the shows ... I didn't know how to answer it ... to me, it's just unethical, but different people have different standards.
    Thanks!

2. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I do know a director who picked up the kit and returned it to PC when someone wouldn't fulfill his/her obligations.

Dec 5, 2009
  3. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

love that Anne! I wish I had the guts to do that with some of the people on my team!

Dec 5, 2009
  4. Maybe you can just emphasize the commitment is only 4 shows. Make it so they feel obligated for 4, then just try hard to make them great so they stay. I mean who would leave after making 500 or so in their first 4 shows?

Dec 6, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Dottie, technically nothing happens. However, I don't volunteer that information. At NC a couple of years ago Carolyn gave me a great answer to that question. Basically it's:

Are you not planning to fulfill your commitment? By signing the agreement you're making a pledge to do your best to meet those requirements.

If pressed, I'll tell them, "To the best of my knowledge the PC police have never shown up on someone's doorstep. Then again, there's always a first time."

Dec 6, 2009
  6. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

The kit is theirs. They paid for it.

7. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

The commitment is no longer 4 shows, it's $1250. She could do that in just one show. You could say that she is signing a legal contract in which she agrees to do so. You don't have to say the PC Police won't enforce it. In the end, it's that person who has to live with their decisions and their integrity.

Dec 6, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

They don't actually have just 90 days to do it in. They can qualify when ever they want as long as they don't go 6 months inactive because then PC terminates their contract all together.

Dec 6, 2009
  9. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I was going say the same thing.

There really isn't anything you can do about it.

10. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

yes, they are paying for the kit, BUT they are paying $155 for over $500 worth of stuff, so I don't agree with this!! If they just want all the stuff, then PAY FULL PRICE FOR IT or HOST A SHOW!!! :rolleyes: Just my 2 cents.

I have been asked about what happens if they don't fullfill commitment, and I just turn that back around of how easy it is to fullfull it!! I have a team of 16 people (in the business for 15 months) and have never had a kit-napper, so I must be doing something right!!!;)

Dec 6, 2009
  11. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I totally agree with you about having a show or paying full price for the items.

I worded that wrong I meant physically you can't go and pick up the kit from them and make them have shows to qualify.

Yes you can encourage them on how easy it is to qualify and letting them know that they did indeed sign a contract but us as consulants we are not in charge whether they get to keep their kit or not. If HO doesn't ask for it back then who's to say we are.

Have something to add?