• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class

In summary, Jessica is planning a Valentine's Day cooking class for kids. The class will be held on February 13th and parents are requested to attend. There will be games and tea served. The class fee is $20 for the first student and $15 for each additional student registered at the same time. The class includes a hands-on cooking lesson, a yummy sampling of our finished product, and a beautiful, spiral bound Delightful Desserts Cookbook (a $14.75 value).
jeninthekitchen5
I recently sent this to a homeschool group, and will also send it to my contacts, and childrens friends. I'll put in a catalog show before the class for the cookbooks, and hopefully a second order later with their coupons (which will be good just for the month of Feb.) I used a red font with hearts, it looked really cute. If I get a good response, I will do it again with another cookbook or product, once a month.
What do you think? BTW, I already teach a 60 min. cooking class for the homeschool co-op once a week, but it is free, since we parents all take turns teaching something (it's non-profit).

Looking for something sweet to give your lil' honey???

How about a Valentines Day Cooking Class
Friday, February 13th

1st-3rd grade 9:00-10:30
4th-6th grade 12:30-2:00

Jr. High 3:00-4:30
Sr. High 7:00-8:30

The fee for the class is $20 for the first student and $15 for each additional
student registered at the same time (can be a friend or family member).

This fee includes a hands-on cooking lesson,
a yummy sampling of our finished product,
a beautiful, spiral bound Delightful Desserts Cookbook (a $14.75 value)
plus, a coupon good for 10% off any Pampered Chef Purchase.

Due to space, each class will be open to the first ten students with paid registration.
Sign up your own children, or take an entire time slot for an easy, hassle-free Valentines Day Party!

E-mail or call at ***-**** to RSVP

I do a Kids in the Kitchen workshop every 3-4 months and this is the one I'm doing Feb 14th and Feb 15th. I actually had to turn kids away because my classes filled up! They have been very successful for me. I only charged pretty much for the first child and then just for ingredients and prizes for additional siblings - they only get one bar pan, though.

I also offered a discount if you brought a paying guest.

The day of the show I give an order form that has what we used in the recipe and offer free shipping.

Attachments

• PIZZA TASTE TEST.doc
    77 KB · Views: 485
  • PC-Kids in the Kitchen Order Form.doc
    131.5 KB · Views: 515
Wow, Jessica, I loved your ideas! Do you mind if I "borrow" them? I was wondering how long your classes run. Also, how were your after sales?
Jen

No! Take them! I loved your Valentine class as well. Sounds really cute.

As you can see I haven't changed my order form to the new workshop yet. The holiday workshop lasted about 2 hours. The one for pizza I suspect will last about 1 1/2 hours. I don't want it to run long.

While the pizza is baking, we'll be playing games: stacking valentine heart candy, guess how many candies are in the jar, decorating valentine bags to take home (paper).

I'm also providing tea and a dip for parents to munch on while their kids have fun.

My after sales were about enough to make a show. I'm hoping for better sales this time.

I have noticed many people talking about doing these cooking classes with both adults and kids. The question that keeps coming to mind is where does everyone do them? I really like the idea and have been thinking about doing one but I am not sure where to hold it.

Love it Jessica - and I'm thinking about stealing it!

Where to have it?

I would contact your church, they usually will rent their fellowship hall for not too much and you are pretty much guaranteed they will have kitchen appliances.

I'm wanting to do this! I think it would be fun for my little town :)
Jessica, what dip did you serve to the parents?
In your invite did you request parents to be present?
Do you have a agenda sheet?
How are you doing the pizza's (or other recipes...?)
When you get the new "Valentine" OOF done, can you post it PLEASSEEE :)
Ton's of ??? Just want my 1st one to be a good one :)

What is the age range for the Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class?

The Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class is designed for children ages 5-12.

What will my child learn in the Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class?

During the class, your child will learn basic cooking skills, how to follow a recipe, and create Valentine's Day themed dishes such as heart-shaped cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries.

Do I need to bring any ingredients or supplies for the Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class?

No, all ingredients and supplies will be provided for the class. However, if your child has any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate them.

Can parents stay and watch the Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class?

Yes, parents are welcome to stay and observe the class. However, we ask that only one parent per child stays in order to minimize distractions for the other children.

Is there a dress code for the Kids Valentine's Day Cooking Class?

We recommend that children wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes for safety in the kitchen. Aprons will be provided for them to wear during the class.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
newmexgirl
  • jillbean
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
shawna_sue
Replies