• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids Craft- Photo Ornament- Help Please

In summary, Amanda is having a Christmas party for the neighborhood kids, and she wants to do an ornament craft with their pictures to take home. Does anyone have an idea for an easy one that is cute as well. She does not want to have to spray paint, or mess with plaster and the kids age range from 5 to 12. Maybe you can get some of the foam frames they can decorate at Michael's or Hobby Lobby!
mrssyvo
I am having a Christmas party for the neighborhood kids, and I want to do an ornament craft with their pictures to take home. Does any one have an idea for an easy one that is cute as well. I do not want to have to spray paint, or mess with plaster and the kids age range from 5 to 12

Maybe you can get some of the foam frames they can decorate at Michael's or Hobby Lobby!

Open both ends of a tuna can or small pineapple can (with our can opener), cover the outside with felt or fabric, then put the pictures in the back. You could also get little figurines to make a scene in those.

When I was a kid, we made an ornament out of a canning lid...the kind with the separate ring. We decorated the ring, and our picture went in the back.

I hope you can get a visual on that...it sounds kind of like the tuna can idea without all the extra tuna!!!

HTH

We did these at mother's day out. We took cd's, covered the part that has the brand and such with self adhesive felt. Then hot glue their picture on the front and decorate with stickers. Oh and we placed a ribbon looped in between the felt and cd so they can hang them on the tree.
God bless,
Amanda

we always used posicle sticks. glue them before so they have time to dry, then let the kiddos decorate!

What is the best way to color the popsicle sticks? Will markers work, or do we need to paint them? I also like the ide of the cd's but I am not sure if I have old ones, can you buy blank ones that are not too expensive?

mrssyvo said:
What is the best way to color the popsicle sticks? Will markers work, or do we need to paint them? I also like the ide of the cd's but I am not sure if I have old ones, can you buy blank ones that are not too expensive?

The dollar store by us,(and also Hobby Lobby) has colored craft sticks - they look just like popsicle sticks.

Oh, good idea- I will try the dollar store here. Hobby Lobby is a good ways away, I only stop there when I am in the area.

BethCooks4U said:
Open both ends of a tuna can or small pineapple can (with our can opener), cover the outside with felt or fabric, then put the pictures in the back. You could also get little figurines to make a scene in those.

This is what I was going to say....and when the parents how..."Pampered Chef Can Opener" conversation!!!

When I was a kid we used to make ornaments with little wooden blocks you get at any craft store. We would paint them whatever color we wanted, and then "modge podge" our pictures onto it. We would then decorate with ribbons and stickers. This is a little messy, though.

I decided to use old CD's, and I cought felt to cut into circles to cover the center, and ribbon and silver beads to decorate. They are also making the pretzel wreaths to take home as well. And we are doing the Left/ Right game with gifts I bought, and will wrap.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
We did these at mother's day out. We took cd's, covered the part that has the brand and such with self adhesive felt. Then hot glue their picture on the front and decorate with stickers. Oh and we placed a ribbon looped in between the felt and cd so they can hang them on the tree.
God bless,
Amanda

So you use the actual CD, not a CD case?
I saw a craft on using the cd case and it looks like a frame.
I am trying to make something for the parents of the 2 kids I babysit.
I am trying to visulize this, but can't :(:confused::confused:

merego said:

Yes, you use the actual CD. Where the label is in the centre you cover that with felt and then their picture. Decorate with stickers. Attach ribbon behind felt circle to the cd before glueing felt down. Clear as mud?

Ok. My mom did this last year with ds and it's still on my fridge. It's really cute. You take an 8x10 pic and 2 pieces of construcion paper, one red, one green. You cut the green to look like a beard and put it on the bottom of the paper. THe red one you cut like a hat and glue to the top. THen you let them glue cotton balls all around the edges of it. It makes it look like a little elf. It's really cute. Mom works at a school and the some of the teachers did this with their classes.

merego said:

We do them at VBS with the case. You cut the picture and put it inside the case. Decorate around the front of the case with stickers and put magnets on the back for it to go on the frig. You can buy the cases for like 10 for $1 at the DOllar Tree.

1. How do I get started making a photo ornament with my child?

To get started, you will need a clear glass or plastic ornament, a photo of your child, and some glue or adhesive. You can also add additional decorations like glitter, stickers, or ribbon if desired.

2. Can I use any type of photo for the ornament?

Yes, you can use any type of photo for the ornament, but it is recommended to use a small, clear and focused photo of your child's face. This will make the ornament look more personalized and clear.

3. How do I attach the photo to the ornament?

The best way to attach the photo is by using a glue stick or double-sided tape. This will ensure that the photo stays in place without any wrinkling or air bubbles. You can also use a clear adhesive spray to seal the photo onto the ornament.

4. Can my child help with the decorating process?

Yes, absolutely! Let your child get creative and have fun decorating the ornament with stickers, glitter, and other materials. This will make the ornament even more special and unique. Just make sure to supervise and assist with any potentially hazardous materials.

5. How long does it take for the ornament to dry?

The drying time will depend on the type of adhesive used. If you used a glue stick or double-sided tape, the ornament should be dry and ready to hang within a few minutes. If you used a clear adhesive spray, it may take up to an hour for the ornament to fully dry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • flemings99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • Lisa/ChefBear