• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat: Perfect for Budding Young Chefs!

4 year old niece and a 2 year old nephew and the red apron will fit both of them.The predecessor to the red apron was a denim one that looked very similar to our kit apron. I know there were petite consultants who preferred the children's denim apron because it fit better than the consultant one. So the red kid's apron will fit most kids through middle school and into high school. Longer if they're petite.Why not get one and when you present it to the younger child tell the older one that you have one if he wants it but you weren't sure he'd like it. Then if he doesn't want it give it to the 3 year old later - like for his birthday
lauraP2000
The outlet description says they fit most kids, but does anyone know if there's a minimum age that would fit best?

I confess, I don't know much about kids so I can't tell from the picture. But a friend recently ordered a bunch of stoneware from me because her son has shown interest in cooking and she wants to make pizzas and cookies with him. So I thought the Kid's Apron & Hat would make a nice holiday gift. But, her kid is only 2! I think that's pretty young to cook, but hey if it works for her, who am I to complain? :)

My niece is the size of a 2 year old (she's 3, though), and it's a little big on her. Actually, that's an understatement. It almost hits the floor. But she'll grow into it. 4 or 5 is probably when they start actually fitting most kids. But if your friend's child is 2 and wants to help in the kitchen, then he should be able to make do with this, even if they have to pin up the bottom.

I ordered it and it fits my 5 year old son just right. He's about 43" tall, if that helps you.

Ooh.. along the same lines, what's the largest kid it'll fit? I'm thinking of getting ones for my daughter and great-niece but wondering if they'll fit my son who, honestly is almost as tall as me! LOL... Does anyone know about how big a kid the kid apron will fit?

lauraP2000 said:
The outlet description says they fit most kids, but does anyone know if there's a minimum age that would fit best?

I confess, I don't know much about kids so I can't tell from the picture. But a friend recently ordered a bunch of stoneware from me because her son has shown interest in cooking and she wants to make pizzas and cookies with him. So I thought the Kid's Apron & Hat would make a nice holiday gift. But, her kid is only 2! I think that's pretty young to cook, but hey if it works for her, who am I to complain? :)

My son started "helping" in the kitchen when he was 2 - he's now 3.5, and loves to help me chop (he can use the chopper), slice (the egg slicer), stir (all of the stirring utensils), and his favorite - SPIN! (the salad spinner - he asks me everyday "Is there something I can spin for you, Mommy?"). He doesn't like the hat so much, but then, he doesn't like any hat. I have to fold up the apron a bit, but it works - and he looks pretty darn cute while he's helping!:D

I got it for my nephew who is 11.

The predecessor to the red apron was a denim one that looked very similar to our kit apron. I know there were petite consultants who preferred the children's denim apron because it fit better than the consultant one. So the red kid's apron will fit most kids through middle school and into high school. Longer if they're petite.

I gave these to my 4 granddaughters the year they came out. They were about aged 4-12 and it fit all of them. The oldest is now 14 and she could still wear it if she wanted to (I got her a cat chef apron this year so that's her fav now).

Thanks! He's the size of a jr. higher right now... is probably about 5'... I'd be fine not getting him one but I envision him going "what about me?" if I don't and well, it's at the right price. Of course I wonder about my great-nephew too who will be 3 in spring but I think my niece would be challenged enough having her 5 yo at her elbow in the kitchen. LOL... Thanks again!

lkprescott said:
Thanks! He's the size of a jr. higher right now... is probably about 5'... I'd be fine not getting him one but I envision him going "what about me?" if I don't and well, it's at the right price. Of course I wonder about my great-nephew too who will be 3 in spring but I think my niece would be challenged enough having her 5 yo at her elbow in the kitchen. LOL...

Thanks again!
Why not get one and when you present it to the younger child tell the older one that you have one if he wants it but you weren't sure he'd like it. Then if he doesn't want it give it to the 3 year old later - like for his birthday or something. At the current price it's so worth it and not much of an investment at all.

I have a couple extra from the outlet that I will use as consultant incentives in the future when they aren't available and someone new with kids is on the team and does something special. (My grandkids each have them - even the 5 month old.:rolleyes: )

That's actually a great idea!

My son loves his hat and apron. I gave it to him for Christmas last year when he was three. He is on the small side so it is big on him, but he loves it. He loves to help me like Becky mentioned with her son. He helped me yesterday make some of the Homeade for the Holidays stuff for my upcoming shows and he told me he was going to be a big chef when he grows up and make cakes and cookies and muffins and pies and suckers and he is going to help his baker friends. :):):):) Cost of the apron and hat: $8 Memories of time in the kitchen with my son: PRICELESS!!!!!!

What materials are the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat made of?

The Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat are made of high-quality, durable cotton fabric that is both comfortable and easy to clean.

What sizes are available for the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat?

The Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat come in one size that is suitable for children ages 4-9 years old. The adjustable neck and waist straps ensure a perfect fit for all kids.

Can I personalize the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat?

Yes, you can personalize the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat with your child's name or a fun design. Personalization options are available on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Are the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat machine washable?

Yes, the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat are machine washable for easy cleaning. We recommend washing them in cold water and laying them flat to dry for best results.

Do you offer a warranty for the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products, including the Kid's Apron & Chef's Hat. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us for a refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lauriedip
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • janetupnorth
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Pam Moore
  • ShanaSmith