• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas - Working With New Chef's Academy

In summary, Carol contacted Jane about starting a business relationship. Jane is not sure what to do or what the possibilities are for the two of them. Carol offers ideas for Jane to consider, such as selling products in bulk or hosting shows geared toward kids. Carol also suggests doing a Kids in the Kitchen Workshop with Jane as the instructor.
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
I was recently contacted by the owners of a place called "New Chef's Academy" - it's a franchise where they do birthday parties and activities with children ages 3 - 18. My son has attended a birthday party at this place in the past, and they all made their own personal pizzas, and got to take home a little gift bag of "tools" (a plastic pizza cutter - nothing like ours, a little plastic measuring cup, and a paper chef's hat). She contacted me to see if we could brainstorm ideas to help each other out, since we are both in the "cooking" business.

I am totally drawing a blank on this one. I don't know what I could do or even suggest to her, so any ideas would be fantastic - thanks in advance!!

Maybe since their classes or parties are under an hour you could aim her toward the DCB? I would think anything you could offer them that would be safe and time saving. Maybe you could do a "Mommy" class or demo to entertain them while the kids are in their own class.

I think this is a great opportunity for you!

What is the franchise all about? Do they sell classes, tools, etc, in addition to b-day parties? If it's a franchise, are they supposed to stick to a certain way of doing things? I mean, would you be allowed to sell them tools to use/have for the favors? Can you become a supplier of sorts to them? That would be a great opportunity! I'm not sure about PC's rules/the franchises rules. Or could they give out your business cards, and you give out theirs? They give the kids a fun experience and then the parents come to you for further ideas for them to take it to another level in their own home.

You can do it like a Kids in the Kitchen Workshop. You could see what exactly the place wants to contribute, etc. I did one at a local market in June and we did Fruit Salad. Each child got the My Safe Cutter and paid $2 each. In July, we made Microwave Omelet and Tutti Fruiti Smoothies. Each child got a Prep Bowl with lid and paid $5 each. The local market provided all the ingredients. It depends on what they will provide and what you want to charge. I did some last Fall where I charged $20 each and the kids got a Small Bar Pan each. We made 3 recipes. They each got a set of recipe cards for the recipes, a canvas bag with their name on it, and the Small Bar Pan. For Christmas, they got Small Batter Bowls. We made the Batter Bowl Brownies in the Bowl and they could either keep it or give as a gift. We also made Cookies and Fudge. I charged $15 each.

Oops, I messed up the name - it's "Young Chef's Academy" - here's a link to their website: Young Chefs Academy - A Cooking School for Kids

Jane, I love your ideas! I'll have to ask her if she wants to buy products in bulk and offer those types of shows, and if she wants me to be there to help. I'm really not sure.

Carol, I don't know if the DCB is what they're looking for - it's mostly aimed at kids and what they can do in the kitchen. I don't see a kid being able to lift the DCB! ;)

I like the ideas about the small bar pan (or small metal sheet pan!) and the My Safe Cutter, and even the sm. batter bowl! Any other ideas? I haven't done a "kids" show in ages, so I'm rusty.

Thanks!

Here's some other items that maybe could work: Small batter bowls, learning how to use measuring cups (dry vs. liquid), cut n seal, small bar board, etc.

My daughter attended Young Chef's Academy here by us, she loved it. They do cooking classes and all. I know our place here also sold products like measuring cups, green knife, colander, etc that you could buy for the kids. I am not sure if all of them are like that or not. I know at our location we had two kitchens so you could do a class for the parents while the kids were doing something, the classes are expensive so the people attending have money.

I'd love to hear what they say they want from you. There are a couple of franchises about an hour from me I would love to connect with, but am not sure what approach to take.

Hadn't really thought about the DCB being so heavy, your right. It is just my favorite piece right now and I'm always pushing it :)

Seasonings might be a big thing for "new cooks".For kids, the baker's roller is a nice tool...prep bowls, etc.

1. What is the New Chef's Academy?

The New Chef's Academy is a program designed for new Pampered Chef consultants to help them build their businesses and learn the ins and outs of our products and company.

2. How can I participate in the New Chef's Academy?

To participate in the New Chef's Academy, you must be a new consultant and attend the required training sessions and events. Your team leader will provide you with more information and help you get started.

3. What can I expect to learn from the New Chef's Academy?

The New Chef's Academy covers a variety of topics, including product knowledge, sales and marketing techniques, and business development. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other consultants and learn from their experiences.

4. Is there a cost to join the New Chef's Academy?

No, there is no additional cost to join the New Chef's Academy. It is included as part of your consultant starter kit and ongoing training and support from your team leader.

5. Can I still participate in the New Chef's Academy if I have been a consultant for a while?

The New Chef's Academy is specifically designed for new consultants, but we also offer ongoing training and support for all consultants. You can still attend workshops and events to continue learning and growing your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcjenkunkel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies