• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keep Strawberries Fresh: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the E.G.G. is a device that absorbs gas emitted by fruits and veggies, which can double the life of the produce. It is made in the USA and has four date reminder stickers to keep you organized.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I have not been able to purchase the food lover's tiptionary yet, but was wondering if anyone knew the tip to keep strawberries fresh longer?
TIA for all your help!!!!:)

Food Lover's Tiptionary? What's that and where do you get one??

Tammi, I know you can get it on Amazon, I am out of money until payday!

Ok....What is it though? Just a book full of tips?

Storing with a paper towel to absorb the moisture helps I know.

hoosierchef said:
Ok....What is it though? Just a book full of tips?

Yes...its suppossed to be really good.

I always tell my customers the strawberry's #1 enemy is moisture. Don't wash them until you are ready to use them. Or, wash them in our small colander (of the Colander & Bowl set) and store with it nested in the small bowl so that the moisture can continue to drip down into the bowl.

Also, 8 medium strawberries have more Vit C than a glass of orange juice.

OR... tell then that this year.. .just in time... we have an incredible salad/berry spinner that will get the moisture off them! :) Sorry... couldn't resist!

pamperedalf said:
Strawberry tip???
My favorite waitress informs me that she prefers cash.

The strawberries get crushed and make too much of a mess in her pocket.

Sorry. I just can't help myself sometimes.

Hee-hee~KG, you kill me! :)

Okay, thanks everyone!!! KG you are too funny.

I was at a friends house this last weekend and she had this plastic egg thing. It was called the EGG. It keeps all your produce fresher longer. She pulled out some strawberries that were on DAY 9 in her frige, and they looked fresh as could be!
I havent searched online for this yet but believe she said she got it off of QVC.

My link won't work, but you can go to www.qvc.com and search E.G.G. Item Number H98505
E.G.G. 3-pc. Produce Guardian Set w/ 12 Refillsby Lori GreinerQVC Price $15.25
Introductory Price $13.84
Shipping and Handling $4.47
Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H.
Click here for S & H details.
Keep produce fresher longer with Lori Greiner's Ethylene Gas Guardians. Using the same technology utilized by the produce industry, each E.G.G. packet absorbs gas emitted by fruits and veggies. It could double the life of your produce if kept closed in a bin or container--and it saves money because you throw away less. Now that's a fresh idea!Assembled in USA using components from Taiwan and USA. * three plastic E.G.G.s
* 12 refill packets
* four date reminder stickers

Last edited:
I saw a simular device at Wally World for 4 bucks but there are no refills.

1. How can I keep my strawberries fresh for longer?

The best way to keep strawberries fresh is to store them unwashed in the refrigerator. Make sure to remove any moldy or damaged berries before storing. When ready to eat, wash the berries under cold water and pat them dry before consuming.

2. Can I freeze strawberries to keep them fresh?

Yes, you can freeze strawberries to keep them fresh for longer. Simply wash and dry the berries, remove the stems, and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.

3. Should I store strawberries in a plastic or paper bag?

It is best to store strawberries in a paper bag or in their original packaging. Plastic bags can trap moisture and cause the berries to spoil faster. Paper bags allow for proper air circulation, keeping the strawberries fresh for longer.

4. What is the best way to wash strawberries?

To wash strawberries, place them in a colander and rinse them under cold water. Gently rub the berries to remove any dirt or debris. Pat them dry with a clean towel before storing or consuming.

5. Can I use vinegar to keep strawberries fresh?

Yes, you can use a vinegar wash to help keep strawberries fresh for longer. Mix one part vinegar with three parts water and soak the berries for a few minutes. Rinse the berries with cold water and pat them dry before storing. The vinegar helps to kill any bacteria that can cause the berries to spoil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jamie's Money
  • 4kids4me
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jrstephens