• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just One Problem With Having a Clean Desk...

In summary, the conversation was mainly about people sharing stories and pictures of their cats and dogs, with some discussing their struggles with territorial issues. One person shared their idea of using a box to declutter their desk, and another talked about their jealous laptop-loving cat. There was also mention of a Scottish Terrier who only likes to sit on their owner's lap when they have their notebook computer out, and a Great Dane who is very attached to his owner.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
....there is now a place for her to sit...and she likes it there...and won't move...

Attachments

• TestShots 115 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 115 (Large).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 460
She's just pissed 'cuz we got a new cat last week and they're still struggling over territory.

Yep, my cat loves my desk for some reason as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OH GOD, I am dying...Oh Let me take those pics I was talking about.

That's why the door to my office stays closed.

She's cute. Who is she and what's the name of the intruder?

BTW, your desk looks great. I hope the box idea is working well. I read your post about most of the stuff going into the trash so I'd say it sounds successful.

Congratulations on getting your desk cleared up and ready for an even more successful 2007. Cute cat! My cat likes to sit up on the computer as well. He's been very bummed since we got the laptop as he used to love to lay on top of the monitor...doesn't work so well with the laptop :).

My cat is SSSOOO jealous of my laptop. I guess my lap is her territory. Whenever I am using my laptop on my lap she tries to lay on the keyboard, which I sometimes allowed with my old laptop but not this BRAND NEW machine!! She is definitely one spoiled girl..she runs this house!

My cats love to sit on the laptop especially when it is open so they can block my fingers from typing. They also used to love my desk when I worked there - sitting blocking the keyboard or in front of the screen like your cutie. I see an excuse coming for why the desk must be messy. :p

chefjeanine said:
That's why the door to my office stays closed.

She's cute. Who is she and what's the name of the intruder?

BTW, your desk looks great. I hope the box idea is working well. I read your post about most of the stuff going into the trash so I'd say it sounds successful.

Her name is Smudge and she's 13. The intruder is Suki, we inherited Suki from my late Great-Aunt. Suki is about 5 and is in the attached picture here.

Attachments

• Suki 005 (Large).jpg
    Suki 005 (Large).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 383
Bexs50 said:
My cat is SSSOOO jealous of my laptop. I guess my lap is her territory. Whenever I am using my laptop on my lap she tries to lay on the keyboard, which I sometimes allowed with my old laptop but not this BRAND NEW machine!! She is definitely one spoiled girl..she runs this house!
I have a Scottish Terrier that will not sit on my lap...until I have my notebook computer out! Then he jumps up and snuggles next to me, bugging me to stop "petting" that intruder and pet him instead!

I heard an insistant and rhythmic "Beep...beep...beep...beep..." coming out of The Kat Lady's office one day, so I went to investigate. Her all black cat, Shadow, was sitting like a sphinx - on the keyboard - the beeping was the keyboard buffer filling and emptying while Shadow looked at me as if to say, "I'm not movin'."

dannyzmom said:
Her name is Smudge and she's 13. The intruder is Suki, we inherited Suki from my late Great-Aunt. Suki is about 5 and is in the attached picture here.

Adorable. Hopefully the cats will make friends soon.

tlennhoff said:
Adorable. Hopefully the cats will make friends soon.

If the screeching and meowing and hissing I heard at 4:30 and 6am are any indication...it ain't lookin' good - LOL

They are cute. Isn't it funny how cats think they are the kings of the house? Ours doesn't sit on the desk, but likes to lay in our beds; on our pillows!

HAHAHAHAHA, I wonder if Stromboli will ever lay in the sink like that. Now picture this, He is the most lovable 163lb great dane.....LOL. He is the biggest MOMMY's boy you ever met. I never liked big dogs, but this one is a person. I am gona get him a Cheffers T-shirt or PC t-shirt and walk him around out neighborhood to help me promote....LOL I take him to our office somedays. Everyone loves him. These pics were a while back but give you some idea of how big he is....LOL:D My kid!!! Maybe I should ask for a cheffers shirt with him on it that says...ASK MY MOM.....LOL:D

Attachments

• Marmaduke at work 003 (Small).jpg
    Marmaduke at work 003 (Small).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Marmaduke at work 004 (Small).jpg
    Marmaduke at work 004 (Small).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 340
Jilleysue said:
HAHAHAHAHA, I wonder if Stromboli will ever lay in the sink like that. Now picture this, He is the most lovable 163lb great dane.....LOL. He is the biggest MOMMY's boy you ever met. I never liked big dogs, but this one is a person. I am gona get him a Cheffers T-shirt or PC t-shirt and walk him around out neighborhood to help me promote....LOL I take him to our office somedays. Everyone loves him. These pics were a while back but give you some idea of how big he is....LOL:D My kid!!! Maybe I should ask for a cheffers shirt with him on it that says...ASK MY MOM.....LOL:D

OMG - that's not a dog, that's a horse!

Oh, my gosh, such beautiful cats and what a big boy Marmaduke is...

Carolyn, good luck on them getting along...we have 4 and it is 2 against 2...no fun keeping them seperated and they all love laying on the desk and anyplace else I am trying to work....hahahaha

Jilleysue said:
He is the most lovable 163lb great dane.....LOL. He is the biggest MOMMY's boy you ever met. I never liked big dogs, but this one is a person.

Jill,

He is beautiful. I love BIG dogs and my experience with Great Danes and that they are just the sweetest. Give him a hug for me.

Jeanine

Carolyn,
That picture is so funny!!!! I was having such a bad day, and that really cheered me up!!

Jill,
Love the dog!! I'm not much of a cat person, but I love dogs. I have 4 at the moment. They range in size from a 6 pound Chihuahua to a 100+ Black Lab. If a stray dog comes my way then they've hit the jackpot. I take them all in. Believe it or not, the Lab was a stray. I think someone lost her while they were hunting. She showed up at my house skin and bones and no ID. I fed her and she never left!

HAHA, Well his name is Stromboli, I just joke that he is Marmaduke. If you read that comic, he is exactly like him. That is my life. By BF LOVE LOVE LOVES italian food and has always wanted a GREAT DANE. I actually dreaded it. I couldn't stand the idea of having a big dog.....but NOW...i can't imagine my life with out Stromboli. He is my big baby!! He waits at the door when Mommy comes home. Has to be tucked in his bed at night. Knows how to give hugs...IT is truly ridiculous....LOL. He cries if he can't sit by me on the couch. He was suppose to be Kevin's dog and he jokes that I stole him. I keep saying I want another one....named either Sangrai or Canoli......LOL

Jilleysue said:

Oh dear Lord what a huge sooky pooch!!! hee hee he looks like a real Momma's boy!!! I think if I had a dog I would like a Golden Lab. For now though I have a little kitty named Missy. She is 13. She loves to rub around the laptop but she was never a lap cat.

Cheers

Bexs50 said:

Hahahah!!! Mine too! I thought it was just Chloe (my cat) but, how funny! I think she likes that it is warm....she always has to sit on my arms, or laptop when I'm at my desk...I've had to try to break her of that habit lately, because I get kitty hair everywhere!

I dont' have a cat but usually I have 3 dogs in the office with me when my husband isn't home. Kirby (****er spaniel) is in his dog bed. Kyra (Eskimo Dog) is sprawled out across the floor and Xander (another Eskie) is curled up under the desk. I have to be very careful when I am rolling around.

Kat

Jilleysue said:
Has to be tucked in his bed at night.

Oh my gosh, that is great!!! I just love dogs, but not much of a cat person. My Chihuahua, Bandit, thinks he has to sleep with me every night. Not just that, but he has to be touching me! If I fall asleep watching TV in the living room, he will stand beside me and bark until I wake up so I can come to bed. He likes to lay between me and my husband, but he has to be touching me. Then, if my son gets in bed with us, he always has to be right up against me too. We have a king sized bed but it is still so cramped. DH all by himself on one side. Me, my dog and my son like sardines on the other.

Kathytnt said:
I dont' have a cat but usually I have 3 dogs in the office with me when my husband isn't home. Kirby (****er spaniel) is in his dog bed. Kyra (Eskimo Dog) is sprawled out across the floor and Xander (another Eskie) is curled up under the desk. I have to be very careful when I am rolling around. Kat
It must be tough to keep that Rooster Spaniel out of the chicken coop! ;)

Jill: he looks so sweet! My mom had the best great dane when I was little; he used to steal my dolls & run around the house & drive me crazy. He was so sweet though.
We now have a chocolate lab that I refer to as a "small horse". He looks almost as tall as your dog, only fatter! When I walk him people always ask who's walking who.....never thought about getting him a PC shirt for when we're walking! I'd probably have to buy a used one tho; if he got ahold of it, it'd be shreds in no time!

Moose is on the Loose in my office!!Love seeing everyone's pets...especially in the office!! My kitten's name is Moose! He was about 2 pounds when I got him in August and Moose was such a funny name for such a small kitten. Well, six months later he is the size of an adult female cat!! He has grown into his name.
The picture of Moose that have attached was taken in November. What a face...not his best face!! No one put him in this drawer. I had the top drawer out on night and next thing I know, he flattened himself out, curled up and eventually fell asleep in the drawer! He can no long fit in the drawer but he likes to walk across my very messy desk...usually creating an avalanche! He also likes to sit on the copier but his most favorite place now is the top of the desk hutch. He handily wiped off any books, binders, pictures, etc. off there in no time flat. He likes to curl up there and either watch me or just be near the action!!
He is facinated by paper coming out of the copier/printer and will sometimes try to reach in. He is SUCH a helper:)
Ann

Attachments

• Director Moose 2.jpg
    Director Moose 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 337
Now that is one funny picture..I love pet pictures...LOVE EM

baychef said:
Love seeing everyone's pets...especially in the office!! My kitten's name is Moose! He was about 2 pounds when I got him in August and Moose was such a funny name for such a small kitten. Well, six months later he is the size of an adult female cat!! He has grown into his name.
The picture of Moose that have attached was taken in November. What a face...not his best face!! No one put him in this drawer. I had the top drawer out on night and next thing I know, he flattened himself out, curled up and eventually fell asleep in the drawer! He can no long fit in the drawer but he likes to walk across my very messy desk...usually creating an avalanche! He also likes to sit on the copier but his most favorite place now is the top of the desk hutch. He handily wiped off any books, binders, pictures, etc. off there in no time flat. He likes to curl up there and either watch me or just be near the action!!
He is facinated by paper coming out of the copier/printer and will sometimes try to reach in. He is SUCH a helper:)
Ann

OMG he is HILARIOUS!!!

More MooseThen you will love this one...yes, he is up IN the Christmas tree comfy and laying on the branches! It's artificial pre lit so it will hold his weight!
One day he jumped up on the kitchen counter and knocked some dirty pans on the floor. It scared him so he tore off into the living room and climbed up my fake fica tree. He hadn't been up it in awhile and it wouldn't hold his weight so it fell over with him on it!!! He immediately tore off to the Christmas tree and scaled that. I rescued him and calmed his frazzled nerves.
The Christmas tree eventually became a launching ground to get onto the mantel of the fireplace! BAHHHHHH!!!:eek:
Ann

Attachments

• Moose-mas.jpg
    Moose-mas.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 312
Mini MooseThis is Moose's SPCA picture...(he is in the center) when he was a kitten and just a little terror! He was born in early July.

Attachments

• moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 324
baychef said:
Then you will love this one...yes, he is up IN the Christmas tree comfy and laying on the branches! It's artificial pre lit so it will hold his weight!
One day he jumped up on the kitchen counter and knocked some dirty pans on the floor. It scared him so he tore off into the living room and climbed up my fake fica tree. He hadn't been up it in awhile and it wouldn't hold his weight so it fell over with him on it!!! He immediately tore off to the Christmas tree and scaled that. I rescued him and calmed his frazzled nerves.
The Christmas tree eventually became a launching ground to get onto the mantel of the fireplace! BAHHHHHH!!!:eek:
Ann

OMG he is just hilarious!!!

baychef said:
This is Moose's SPCA picture...(he is in the center) when he was a kitten and just a little terror! He was born in early July.

He looks so sweet & innocent!!

dannyzmom said:
He looks so sweet & innocent!!
Cats and little boys have that look perfected.

Don't be sucked in by it!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Cats and little boys have that look perfected.

Don't be sucked in by it!
I have both and have been fooled everytime!! Moose is so loveable when he is calm. Last night I dropped my mini muffin pans, they hit the stove and made a huge noise. Moose flew! :eek: :eek: :eek: I was able to finally coax him back towards the kitchen to show him that all is ok. He trotted sideways with his back fully arched, a huge red mohawk down his back and a fluffed out tail on steriods!!! I was trying to be sympathetic but I was laughing too hard at him!! He's back begging for treats today, so his emotional scars have healed!
Ann

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ptejhe
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ptejhe
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
Replies
Views