• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It"

In summary, the author did a show for one friend and it was great, but last week she did a show for her sister-in-law and it was a nightmare. The author also did a show for a friend last night and it was a success.
SusanBP0129
Hi!

Last Friday I did a show for my sis-in-law who is a royal pain in the you-know-what. She invited 40 people though, so I was psyched! She told me she wanted food for 25 people.....plus, I mailed her invites and bought all the ingredients. 12 people showed ALL WITH THEIR KIDS. She encouraged them all to bring their kids!! Now, don't get me wrong, I love kids, have two of my own and do not mind if someone needs to bring their child. HOWEVER - this was CRAZY. There were LITERALLY 12 kids running back and forth touching everything. It was mayhem. No one was listening and it was hot as heck with no AC. Long story short - the show totaled about $300. :eek: (and I did get 1, possibly 2 bookings, THANK GOD!!)

On the flip side - last night I did a show for a friend of mine who sells Home Interiors. She invited 15, but only 5 could make it. It was DELIGHTFUL. Nice soft music playing while I talked, chopped and mixed. Everyone was listening & had great questions. The show totaled $340 plus I got 2 bookings and a bridal registry!! :D :D I was so excited!! It was just what I needed to offset last week's nightmare!! LOL

Just had to share...:)

been there!I've had a host like that! She's a frequent customer, big spender, frequent host of all the in-home party companies and also a friend within my circle of friends....or I should say, she's married to a good friend of ours from high school, and we all just kind of tolerate her! :D

Anyway, her kids are a nightmare! My kids call her daughter "evil hannah" and her son runs a close 2nd to her! There were probably about 10-12 adults at the party, and about 15 kids. For the most part the kids stayed in another room - but they were so loud that it shook the house, and there was constant yelling back and forth from the mom (also the host) and the kids. Yelling is their normal mode of communication so she saw nothing wrong with that.

Because I know this family personally, i came prepared for a challenge with kids and even tried to incorporate them into my show by treating them to making Ice Cream Sandwiches using a bread tube packed with ice cream, store bought cookies and sprinkles......but it didn't help control them for very long.

And her group of adult guests were not much better behaved! She had several people who talked and walked all over me.

I survived it - and now I encourge her to do catalog shows....which for her are just as big in sales as her cooking shows.....and I don't have to see her or "evil hannah"!! heee heee heee :D

I feel the same way! I have kids and love kids, but I have a pet peeve about people not teaching their children (or enforcing the lessons) about how to treat others homes. My kids are one and two and go crazy at home, but know to not trash other's homes. When I get in this situation I go to plan B and have the guests help more so they can actually hear what I am saying!

1. What is "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It""?

"Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It"" is a community for Pampered Chef consultants and customers to connect, share recipes, and discuss all things related to Pampered Chef products and cooking.

2. How can I join "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It""?

To join "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It"", you must be a Pampered Chef consultant or customer. You can request to join the Facebook group and answer a few questions to verify your affiliation with Pampered Chef.

3. Is "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It"" only for consultants?

No, "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It"" is open to both Pampered Chef consultants and customers. However, the content and discussions are focused on Pampered Chef products and cooking.

4. Can I promote my own products or business in "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It""?

No, "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It"" is not a platform for promoting products or businesses. It is a community for sharing and discussing Pampered Chef products and cooking. Any promotional posts will be removed.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in "Just Have to Share With People Who "Get It""?

Yes, there are community guidelines that all members must adhere to. These guidelines include being respectful, avoiding self-promotion, and keeping discussions relevant to Pampered Chef. Violation of these guidelines may result in removal from the group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • iteachncook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies