• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Talking to 3 Live People: Is it Enough for Success in PC?

T
tpchefrebecca
I did the CC calls today and finally got to talk to 3 LIVE people. One was in a rush and said to just send a catalog, one is in Idaho and doesn't know when he'll have time to think or even have a show and the other was a great friend of mine who has no time what so ever because her library was just given over 100 boxes of free books:eek: . (Although it was great catching up with her.) No bookings, no recruits. Is that alright? I did get 1 live person yesterday (my aunt) and she book a cat. show. I am trying everyday to at least fill my calendar with out of state catalog shows for the time being until I get that big break and talk to someone local who will want to have a show. And, no this isn't my first time calling this is the only time I actually got to talk to 3 people about PC.

Okay, maybe I am just rambling, but would like to know what counts so I don't feel like a dunce!

Oh and I basically purged all the specials from nerves onto the first two so that is why I decided to call a friend to kind of calm myself down.

What do you all run into when you talk to your 3 live people?

hey, your doing better than me. 5 calls today...all answering machines except one, and that was her 14yr old daughter (and Im thinking Ill have to call back :p )So far Ive only gotten one live person. And she was too busy to host a show but promised to pass on my name. So I have no real help sorry. I always leave a message though so I dont know whether that counts?? I try to call back in a 3-5days.

Do you think it is okay? What is YOUR goal for the 3-2-1? Are those calls that you made the last two days going to get you to your goal? Once you answer those questions, you can answer yours.

Well, what do you mean is it alright? Of course, it's alright that you actually were able to make 3 contacts by talking to three live people and asking them if they would like to have a show. It wouldn't be alright to now give up because these calls didn't produce a show or recruit. If you are trying to do the "3" as part of the "3-2-1" then you did it. Jean says if you talk to 3 live people and ask them to have a show or tell them about the business then they count as contacts.

I believe that the 3 means contact with 3 live people. I don't think that it matters what the outcome is because if you are getting 3 live people you eventually will get bookings and orders, etc. (Law of averages or something like that.:D ) So you're doing great!

Oh, also, when I call I get mixed responses. Today, I called a friend who wanted to have a daytime Sept. show. When I called her today, she decided she couldn't have a show because she doesn't have any money. So, I offered the business opportunity to her. She didn't take me up on it. I left at least three messages and called about three others w/o leaving a message. If following Jean's 3-2-1 plan messages don't count. I called another person and she booked a September show. Technically, I made two contacts. One was a no and one was a yes. I did my best with the time I had. Of course, I slept in an extra two hours, so I was behind on the time I normally have.
Just keep track of what you're doing in a notebook or something.

cmdtrgd said:
Do you think it is okay? What is YOUR goal for the 3-2-1? Are those calls that you made the last two days going to get you to your goal? Once you answer those questions, you can answer yours.

I think it is okay and my goal is to talk to 3 people a day like the program says. I guess what I am asking is the no results okay and as I am typing I think it is. My goal for these calls? A full Cooking Show schedule. I think I will know more, just wanted to know what everyonelses results were when they do the calls or talk to people in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
JAE said:
Well, what do you mean is it alright? Of course, it's alright that you actually were able to make 3 contacts by talking to three live people and asking them if they would like to have a show. It wouldn't be alright to now give up because these calls didn't produce a show or recruit. If you are trying to do the "3" as part of the "3-2-1" then you did it. Jean says if you talk to 3 live people and ask them to have a show or tell them about the business then they count as contacts.

Aha! That's what I was after. I know I can be slow but as you can tell I worry too much about getting it right. Thanks!

Oh, also, when I call I get mixed responses. Today, I called a friend who wanted to have a daytime Sept. show. When I called her today, she decided she couldn't have a show because she doesn't have any money. So, I offered the business opportunity to her. She didn't take me up on it. I left at least three messages and called about three others w/o leaving a message. If following Jean's 3-2-1 plan messages don't count. I called another person and she booked a September show. Technically, I made two contacts. One was a no and one was a yes. I did my best with the time I had. Of course, I slept in an extra two hours, so I was behind on the time I normally have.
Just keep track of what you're doing in a notebook or something.

I actually have been keeping track and love to see how many calls I have made in 1 week, about 50 and only 4 all together live people. I am not down about it, just trying to get used to it I guess. I was never a good phone person so now that I know being on the phone is going to get me to where I want to be I thought I'd see if I was doing it right. Like I said, I worry too much. BTW I am calling everyday until the end of the month until I fill my calendar for next month so I won't be giving up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the "3-2-1 accountability" thread. It was pretty quiet today, but I found it and brought it up again. No hiding out. Someone always gets on.

Okay I let out all the details and feel better now. I also subscribed to the thread so I won't forget to post my results.

1. Is talking to 3 live people enough for success in PC?

Talking to 3 live people is a good start, but it may not always result in immediate success. It is important to continue reaching out to potential customers and recruits in order to build a strong network and achieve long-term success in PC.

2. What if one of the 3 live people is in a rush and asks to just send a catalog?

This is a common response when reaching out to potential customers. While it may not result in an immediate booking or sale, it is still important to follow up with the individual and provide them with the catalog. They may still be interested in purchasing from you in the future or may even decide to host a party once they have had a chance to look through the catalog.

3. Is it normal to not have any bookings or recruits after talking to 3 live people?

It is not uncommon to not have immediate bookings or recruits after talking to 3 live people. It is important to continue reaching out to potential customers and recruits in order to build a strong network and increase your chances of success.

4. Should I focus on out of state catalog shows if I am not getting any local interest?

If you are not getting any local interest, it can be beneficial to focus on out of state catalog shows in order to keep your calendar filled. However, it is important to also continue reaching out to potential customers and recruits in your local area. Networking and building relationships in your local community can lead to long-term success in PC.

5. What are some common challenges when talking to 3 live people?

Some common challenges when talking to 3 live people may include not being able to reach them, facing rejection, or encountering individuals who are not interested in hosting a party or joining as a recruit. It is important to not let these challenges discourage you and to continue reaching out to potential customers and recruits in order to achieve success in PC.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • nay62
  • General Chat
Replies