• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got Chewed Out by a Customer

In summary, the person received an email from someone on their email list and was rudely responded to. They are unsure whether to send an apology or not.
jenniferlynne
I just got an email from someone on my email list and she ripped me a new one. I don't even know who she is, but I use a survey form at my booths and it asks people if they want to be added to my email newsletter list. I guess that is how I got her info. Anyway, I sent a mass email out yesterday trying to get June bookings. This woman emails me back IN ALL CAPS AND USING LOTS OF !!!!!!!!!!!

She told me to remove her immediately, and that she doesn't like her email address to be used with others as I have done. Then she followed up with
YOU NEED TO GET BCC!!!!

Anyone know what BCC is? Also, should I send her an apology email or just not reply at all?

BCC is blind carbon copy, like when you CC (or carbon copy) an email. It's just a way for emails to go out without publicizing everyone's address. Depending on what email you are using, you should be able to click a box or choose an option to have BCC as part of your email.

I think, if you can get it on your email, you should definitely send an apology asking if she still wants removed now that you have BCC. If you don't and can't get it, I wouldn't reply at all.

Hope that Helps!!!

I would send out a mass email apologizing. Just kidding! I probably would send her a email stating that you removed her from your list.

You ask them on your survey if they would like to be added so she must not have read it. I don't think you owe her an apology but if you don't make amends in some way you might lose a future hostess.

BCC is when you send mass emails and everyone thinks they are the only one receiving it.

I'm so sorry this happened, this person had no right to be rude. Asking nicely would accomplish the same thing.

As for the BCC I love this for sending out mass emails. The reason is when an email goes out and the address is in the BCC nobody knows who it all went to. I know I have been added to a couple of mailing list because an email was forwarded and somebody took all of the email addresses that they could see. When I go to compose an email I can not see this option of BCC but when I go under tools (I use outlook express) then select recipients it then has the option where I can add people under To:, CC:, and BCC:
If you have this option I would use this in the future for all PC related emails that are not in your cluster.

Don't let her get to you, I would just send her an email stating that she is removed from your list :)
Nikki Willner

Who knows, she might be having a really rough day and her seeing that her e-mail was out there for everyone could have been the straw that broke the camels back. Like everyone else has said, just send an apology and maybe even a 10% off coupon IF she would like to order in the future.

Same thing happened to me once.I feel your pain... I had someone e-mail me (It was a past host) and freak out because I didn't BCC on my mass e-mail. It was about 3 years ago and like you, I didn't know what that meant.
i guess she is right though. Everyone you send it to can now e-mail everyone else you sent it to if they like. but yes, she could have been nicer.
The host that did that to me got much calmer after I told her I didnt know what BCC was and she explained how to do it, and told me as long as I use it, I can still keep e-mailing her, so needless to say, i use it every single time I mass e-mail now!:eek:

Thanks to all that replied. I do use Outlook Express, but I can't find anything about BCC under Tools. Maybe it is just me. I may have to have my husband look at it when he gets home.

If you click on the To box or CC box where you normally put names in another box will pop up. On the lower right side you will see a box that is for BCC, you should be able to put your addresses in that box.

Oh!!!!I see what you mean now. I am such a dork. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

You are not a dork, ding-dong maybe, but definately not a dork ;), shoot...I have problems with microsoft word :eek:

Yeah, I am slowly teaching myself Word by trial and error. I used to know Excel a little, but haven't used it for awhile and have forgotten most of it.

I got an email like that before, to remove her from my list!!!!!!!
But at that time I don't think I was using the BCC setting so maybe that's why she had a problem with it! Don't stress about it. I would reply back and tell her you can BCC if she is still interested in receiving monthly recipes or newsletters??

Sorry to hear thatIt is too bad that so many rotten people out there have made it so hard to send a simple e-mail to someone who actually wants it. But with all the on-line fraud and everything else, well...
I have Yahoo and I too have been using BCC for eons. The only address anyone sees is my e-amil. I put mine in the To column on purpose.
But no one elses is seen. So, I would e-mail her back, and tell her you are sorry and did not know what BCC was. Many people do not know. (You can tell by how many junk e-mails your friends send with their entire address book right out in the open.) But you do now and you would like to ask if she would still like to receive e-mails from you with the promise that her address will never appear in the To: line unless it is just to her.

I did email her back and apologize and told her she was removed from my list. I thanked her for letting me know about the BCC. It was very sugar coated. I guess we will see if she responds. I doubt it.

BCC is great. I didn't know about it until about 6 months ago. Now I always use it. I use yahoo and I always click the address box and individually click on who I want to send (in the bcc box) and put my email address in the "to box" You have to put at least one address in the "to box" or your email won't go out.

Thank You to the person who started this thread. I am thankful b/c I had no idea what BCC was until you wrote. Once I read this, I looked at my yahoo "Compose" page, and sure enuf, there it was! Just remember, everything happens for a reason...keep us informed what your customer's response is. I'm interested! Thanks again, you will probably never know how many people you helped by having an unhappy customer.

This person should know that she could block you from sending her emails. Although I do have sympathize with her. I planned a multi vendor open house last Christmas. I also didn't think to BCC my contact list when I sent out email invitations. The tupperware consultant who was at my open house took over my mailing list and has been bombarding them with emails. I have had so many complaints. I even emailed her and nicely asked her to remove myself and all the other contacts from her emails because I was getting so many complaints. Guess what, I get another email from her the next day. So I emailed her and told her I was blocking her from my email and that I understand she is trying to build her business but that she should be considerate of other people and not but me in such a awful pickle! The avon lady who was at the same open house told me she had to change her email address because the tupperware emails were filling up her emails. I felt terrible. You bet I learned to BCC from then on!

When I first started sending out my newsletter, I didn't realize I could do a BCC. Luckily I never had any complaints! But most of my contacts then were friends and family & friends of family so I don't think they cared. Now I make it a point to tell everyone that I BCC my newsletters. I put my email in the To box.

I have tried to BCC with my newsletter the past couple of months and it isn't working. I e-mail them from yahoo. Anyone know how to do it. I keep checking the box for BCC yet when I e-mail it still shows the list of e-mail addresses. I get so frustrated trying to get it to work.

Well...When you look at the e-mail YOU can see those e-mail addresses. The receiptient is the one who will not see them.
There are three lines to show who you are sending to. One is the TO: Thsi one will appeat ot everyone you send it too. I put my e-mail address here as it is a required field.
Then you have the CC field or Carbon Copy. These to can be seen by everyone who gets your e-mail.
Then there is the Bcc line or Blind Carbon Copy. You can see this but no one you send it to can see it.
HTH!

You could always email her and THANK her from bringing it to your attention since rescepting someone's privacy is important to you, or some crap like that. I have this that I borrowed from Tasty Tidbits that include with every mass mailing.

You are receiving this newsletter because you have been a past customer, a past host, or you have asked for information about The Pampered Chef®.

REMOVAL: If you would like to be removed from this mailing, please reply with "Remove" in the subject line.

My Personal Privacy Policy: I blind carbon copy every mailing. I will NEVER knowingly give or sell my subscribers’ e-mail addresses. Your privacy is of utmost importance to me!

I think maybe I thought it was CC that was sent out and nobody could see the addresses. I'll make sure next newsletter I use BCC. Maybe that is my problem.

janel kelly said:
I have tried to BCC with my newsletter the past couple of months and it isn't working. I e-mail them from yahoo. Anyone know how to do it. I keep checking the box for BCC yet when I e-mail it still shows the list of e-mail addresses. I get so frustrated trying to get it to work.
if you're using the new 'beta' version of Yahoo. The BCC is on the right corner,you'll just click on it, then the bcc (blind carbon copy) appears. :)

HTH

jenniferlynne said:
Yeah, I am slowly teaching myself Word by trial and error. I used to know Excel a little, but haven't used it for awhile and have forgotten most of it.
i cheat and take classes on those. Word, Excel, etc. but it's like everything else, including cooking if you don't use it you lose it!!! LOL

1. How should I handle being chewed out by a customer?

First and foremost, remain calm and professional. Listen to the customer's concerns and apologize for any inconvenience they may have experienced. Take responsibility for the issue and offer a solution to rectify the situation. Remember to always maintain a positive attitude and avoid getting defensive.

2. What if the customer becomes aggressive or hostile?

If the customer's behavior becomes aggressive or hostile, it's important to prioritize your safety and well-being. Do not engage in an argument or escalate the situation. Instead, calmly remove yourself from the situation and seek assistance from a manager or another colleague. Remember to always prioritize your safety and well-being.

3. How can I prevent getting chewed out by a customer in the future?

There are a few steps you can take to prevent getting chewed out by a customer. First, always provide excellent customer service and address any issues or concerns promptly. Additionally, actively listen to customers and communicate clearly to avoid misunderstandings. It's also important to have a positive attitude and remain professional in all interactions with customers.

4. Should I apologize even if I don't think I did anything wrong?

Yes, it's important to apologize to the customer even if you don't believe you did anything wrong. Remember, the customer's perception is their reality, and it's important to acknowledge their feelings and apologize for any inconvenience they may have experienced. This can help diffuse the situation and show that you value their feedback.

5. How can I turn a negative experience into a positive one for the customer?

One way to turn a negative experience into a positive one for the customer is by offering a solution to their problem. This could include a refund, replacement, or other form of compensation. Additionally, follow up with the customer after the issue has been resolved to ensure their satisfaction and thank them for their feedback. This shows that you value their business and are committed to providing excellent customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • MaryannNic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • stefani2