• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Nonstick From a Customer

In summary, the best way to clean nonstick cookware is to use a soft sponge or cloth with warm soapy water. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on nonstick cookware and the lifespan of the nonstick coating can vary depending on usage and care. Nonstick cookware is safe to use and can withstand high heat, but it is best to use it on medium to low heat settings to prolong its lifespan.
Lauradorable
I just got this e-mail through 'contact me' on my website - I think the cookware is safe to use until she notices anything peeling off... but I'd like some additional opinions before I let her know:

"I have a question for you. YEARS ago (10 or 12?) I got a large PC frying pan as a gift. Recently I noticed someone must have been using a knife in it as it looks like the coating is 'pitting' (not really peeling yet). I realize using a knife on it voids the warranty, but my question is -- is it still safe to use?"​

Thanks for your help ChefSuccess-ers!!

-Laura

Yes it is. Pampered Chef nonstick pans never peel, so there's no chance of getting flecks in their food. Although depending how many and deep the scratches are, the nonskick ability might be compromised.

Fantastic! Thanks so much :) My nonstick pans are only a few months old, so I wanted to get some more experienced responses. I appreciate the help - I let my customer know!

What is the best way to clean nonstick cookware?

The best way to clean nonstick cookware is to use a soft sponge or cloth with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive materials, such as steel wool or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the nonstick coating.

Can I use metal utensils on nonstick cookware?

We do not recommend using metal utensils on nonstick cookware as they can scratch or damage the coating. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to ensure the longevity of your nonstick cookware.

How long does the nonstick coating last?

The lifespan of a nonstick coating can vary depending on usage and care. With proper use and maintenance, our nonstick cookware can last for several years. Regularly inspect the coating for any signs of wear and tear and replace the cookware if necessary.

Is nonstick cookware safe to use?

Our nonstick cookware is made with high-quality materials that are safe for cooking. It is free from harmful chemicals such as PFOA and PTFE, making it safe for everyday use.

Can I use nonstick cookware on high heat?

While our nonstick cookware is designed to withstand high heat, we recommend using it on medium to low heat settings to prevent damage to the nonstick coating. Excessive heat can cause the coating to break down and reduce its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
wcsis
Replies
Views
Admin Greg