• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Complaint: Pie Gate Too Short - Any Suggestions?

In summary, the customer ordered a pie gate at the end of July, and just sent an email stating that it is not long enough. The customer said that it is about 3 inches short. The customer showed a picture of it in the catalog holding the "fruit" inside the pie but the customer still said that it is too short. The customer suggested that the customer may not be using it correctly. The customer is an older lady and blonde. The customer will call the customer this afternoon to discuss the issue.
momoftwins
I had a customer order a pie gate at the end of July. She just sent me an email yesterday stating that it is not long enough for her pies. She said it is about 3 inches short. Has anyone else gotten this complaint??? What did you do? What did you tell the customer?? I showed her a picture of it in the catalog holding the "fruit" inside the pie but she still said it is too short for her 9" pie plate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking she may not be using it correctly, and just needs a lesson......:rolleyes:

I'm thinking that she's probably not opening the arms, so it's only "protecting" one side of the cut. (Does that make sense?)

Unless she has THE most humungous pie plate in the world, there is really no way this could not fit by a full 3 inches...I agree, she's probably just not using it correctly.

I haven't used mine in awhile but if memory serves me correctly, there will be a little space at the end of each divided section, depending on the pie plate, but definatley not 3 inches. Hmmm...can't really figure out how someone could use this wrong but nothing really surprises me anymore!

I use it for my pies and it works great!! I think maybe you need to show her how to use it.

Is anyone else picturing some poor woman with only half a Pie Gate? (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she would figure out how to open up a "folded" one.)

raebates said:
Is anyone else picturing some poor woman with only half a Pie Gate? (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she would figure out how to open up a "folded" one.)
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking of, too - that one arm is missing or stuck to the other.

chefann said:
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking of, too - that one arm is missing or stuck to the other.

As they say, great minds . . .

she is an older lady and blonde!

I may just have to bake a "fruit" pie and use mine (mine is still in the package) and show her next Monday!

Thanks ladies!

1. What can I do if my pie crust is too short?

If your pie crust is too short, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure you are using the correct amount of ingredients and following the recipe instructions carefully. You can also try rolling out the dough a little thicker or adding a bit of flour to the dough to help it stretch. If all else fails, you can always try using a store-bought pie crust instead.

2. How can I prevent my pie crust from shrinking?

To prevent your pie crust from shrinking, make sure you are using cold ingredients and chilling the dough before rolling it out. You can also try using pie weights or dried beans to weigh down the crust during baking. Additionally, avoid overworking the dough and handle it as little as possible.

3. Can I fix a pie crust that is already baked and too short?

Unfortunately, once a pie crust is baked, there is not much that can be done to fix it if it is too short. However, you can try gently pressing the crust down and filling any gaps or holes with extra dough or a mixture of flour and water. This may not completely fix the issue, but it can help salvage the pie.

4. What could cause my pie crust to turn out too short?

There are a few possible reasons why your pie crust may turn out too short. It could be due to using too little dough, overworking the dough, using warm ingredients, not chilling the dough before rolling it out, or not using enough flour when rolling it out. Make sure to follow the recipe carefully and handle the dough gently to avoid this issue.

5. Can I use a different type of flour for my pie crust?

Yes, you can use a different type of flour for your pie crust, such as whole wheat or gluten-free flour. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the crust may be slightly different. It is best to use a recipe specifically designed for the type of flour you are using to ensure the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lauriedip
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lauriedip
  • krzymomof4
  • Products and Tips
Replies