• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Us for Our Festive Holiday Open House - Find Unique Vendors and Gifts!

In summary, a forum user is looking for a thread about vendors selling together at a holiday open house. They mention several popular vendors such as Avon, Mary Kay, and Tupperware. Another user shares their experience organizing a similar event, where they were not allowed to sell but still got contacts. They suggest having a raffle and providing samples for attendees. The original user is worried about vendors backing out, but others suggest it can still be beneficial for them. Another user is organizing a similar event and asks for suggestions.
jcwarr
i just read a thread recently that had a bunch of things like discovery toys, and scrapbooking consultants who were doing a show together - kind of like a fair.can anyone help me find it - or suggest other vendors who are good to sell with at an open house. thanks - trying to put together a holiday open house.

The more vendors the better, because they invite their contacts which could be more contacts for you!! Avon, Mary Kay, Longaberger, Tupperware, PartyLite, Home Interior, Premier Jewelry, Lia Sophia Jewelry and I'm sure a ton more I just can't think of right now.

jenniferlynne said:
The more vendors the better, because they invite their contacts which could be more contacts for you!! Avon, Mary Kay, Longaberger, Tupperware, PartyLite, Home Interior, Premier Jewelry, Lia Sophia Jewelry and I'm sure a ton more I just can't think of right now.

I hope you are right, cuz I have a party for this Friday & when I emailed her to see how its going, she replied 20 coming & waiting for 10 more to reply!!! Then this morning I got an email from her mom (a very very old friend of mine & also whos house were having this show in) The email said that I dont have to cook anything & make sure I bring TONS of stuff to show off ( so much for sliming down what I bring to shows:rolleyes: ) she said there will be another vendor, but she didnt say who:eek: . Waiting for her reply.

I just found a place to have a Christmas Bazaar for free, but we are not allowed to sell anything (it's at a Church). We can set up as an open house only. I'm still all for it, but not sure how my other vendors that were going to participate will feel about it. PC isn't supposed to sell at things like this anyway because the customers won't have a warranty. I've had very successful "no sell" booths in the past. I've gotten lots of contacts this way.

Any suggestions from anyone?

jenniferlynne said:
I just found a place to have a Christmas Bazaar for free, but we are not allowed to sell anything (it's at a Church). We can set up as an open house only. I'm still all for it, but not sure how my other vendors that were going to participate will feel about it. PC isn't supposed to sell at things like this anyway because the customers won't have a warranty. I've had very successful "no sell" booths in the past. I've gotten lots of contacts this way.

Any suggestions from anyone?
Well....since you might be getting a couple of stones free, maybe you could have something made in a stone & tell people, that at the end of the day, you will have a raffle for the stone ( with the recipe;) ) Just a thought for starters!!

One of the requirements for having a booth will be that each vendor have a drawing for a $25 gift/gift certificate. I had to do that at a Taste of Home cooking show and I got lots of contacts that way. I didn't sell anything at it either, but it still paid off.
I'm wondering if I shouldn't make some food to give out as samples. We will be in a gym that has a kitchen and refrigerators so, I wouldn't have to worry about keeping my stuff hot/cold.
I'm just worried that some of the vendors I had lined up will back out now because they won't be able to sell at the event. :(

If you can bring food, maybe things that are bite sized...ie....profiteroles,tuxedo brownies,pecan tassies or maybe some mini loaf cakes or breads that you can cut up....maybe keep them cold in the rectangle chillzanne;)

I am organizing something like this for the end of October. So far I have 20 vendors lined up. We have never done any type of booth before. Can you give me some ideas of what you did at your booth?

jenniferlynne said:
I'm just worried that some of the vendors I had lined up will back out now because they won't be able to sell at the event. :(

It should be looked at as good publicity by them. They can give out business cards, set up shows, give out catalogs, have people create a wish list of what they want and then call them the next day for the "sales". Hopefully they will see the opportunity here and not back out. You might need to do more in helping them see why it benefits them.

strasfamily said:
I am organizing something like this for the end of October. So far I have 20 vendors lined up. We have never done any type of booth before. Can you give me some ideas of what you did at your booth?

Well, the one I did was at a Taste of Home cooking show. All vendors were required to donate a $25 gift and then if we wanted, we could do a drawing of our own. Of course I wanted to do that so I could get names!! I had over 200 people stop at my booth and fill out a survey!!

Anyway, since I am in charge of this one, I will probably make up a flyer and email it to all the vendors. Then they can mail/email them out to their customers. If everyone does this, we could reach a lot of people for very little $. I may also advertise in the paper. Just depends on how much it is going to cost. I would like to be able to list each booth so everyone would know what to expect when they come. Of course I would mention that each vendor will be having a drawing for a $25 gift so that will bring people in.
I am open to any other suggestions that someone may have!

I was involved in a vendor fair where the organizer pretty much depended on word-of-mouth by the vendors. It was a FLOP!!!!! There was no radio or newspaper advertising, and we had very little traffic. Basically the only sales and shows I got were from the other vendors! So, I would highly recommend doing some advertising so you know you got the word out. :) Best of luck to you all, fairs are a great way to get your name out into the community!
Jen

Thanks for the advice!I was leaning towards advertising in the paper anyway. Especially since we don't have to pay to rent a building! I know another girl who did a vendor fair with some other consultants too. Same thing happened. They just invited their customers and not many showed up.

Oh yeah!Here are the survey slips that I used at the Taste of Home. I also use these at my shows in place of the ones that we can get from PC. I like these better. Got them off this site!

Attachments

• survey slip 2.doc
    24 KB · Views: 327

What is a Holiday Open House?

A Holiday Open House is an event where friends, family, and customers can come together to celebrate the holiday season. It is also a great opportunity to showcase our new products and offer special deals and promotions.

When and where will the Holiday Open House be held?

The date and location of the Holiday Open House may vary depending on the consultant and their availability. It is best to check with your consultant or visit our website for more information.

What can I expect at the Holiday Open House?

You can expect to see and sample our newest products, learn about different cooking and baking techniques, and take advantage of exclusive deals and offers. It's also a great opportunity to socialize and get into the holiday spirit!

Do I need to RSVP for the Holiday Open House?

While RSVPs are not required, it is always helpful for the consultant to have an estimate of how many people will be attending. This ensures that there is enough food and supplies for everyone to enjoy.

Can I bring a friend to the Holiday Open House?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier. We encourage you to invite friends and family to join in on the holiday fun and festivities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmikeandlisa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefBeth2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KirstenAnne
  • Pampered Angel