• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jeff Healey: A Life to Remember

In summary, Jeff Healey died. 80 babies he sang to while working as a baby-sitter. His life was a great story. He is credited with the song "Angel Eyes."
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I just read that Jeff Healey died. How incredibly sad.
For those 80 babies, he sand Angel Eyes. His life was a great story.

I remember the song title, but can't remember the words...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/03/obit.healey.ap/index.html

Girl, you're looking, fine tonight,
and every guy has got you in his sights.
What you're doing, with a clown like me,
is surely one of life's little, mysteries

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
to turn your angel eyes my way?

Well, I'm the guy who never learned to dance,
never even got one second glance
Across a crowded room was close enough,
I could look but I could never touch

So tonight I'll ask, the stars above,
What did I do?
What did I say,

Don't anyone wake me,
if it's just a dream
'Cause she's the best thing,
ever happened to me

All you fellows, you can look all you like,
but this girl you see, she's leavin' here with me tonight

There's just one more thing that I need to know,
if this is love why does it scare me so?
It must be somethin only you can see,
'cause girl I feel it when you look at me

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
What did I do?
What did I say,
hey, hey, hey, yeah, awww

Ahhh! I lOVE that song. MY HS Boyfriend said that song reminded him of me, and at the time I didn't even know the song. It took me and my BFF a few days to figure it out. EVerytime I hear it it makes my heart flutter thinking back to those days when love was so simple and sweet. :) Sad.

PCMelissa said:
Ahhh! I lOVE that song. MY HS Boyfriend said that song reminded him of me, and at the time I didn't even know the song. It took me and my BFF a few days to figure it out. EVerytime I hear it it makes my heart flutter thinking back to those days when love was so simple and sweet. :)

Sad.

Love still is, it is real life that gets in the way...

Angel Eyes is my DH's song to me. He plays it on his guitar and sings it least once a week.

Very sad he passed.

I'm just catching up with this conversation from yesterday....I'm shocked! "Angel Eyes" was our song for our wedding....just heard it today for the first time in a long time.

I liked that song, too. What's the "great story" of his life?

dianevill said:
Angel Eyes is my DH's song to me. He plays it on his guitar and sings it least once a week.

Very sad he passed.

Awwww, how romantic!:love:

We were watching Roadhouse over the weekend and I was wondering what ever happened to him. I guess I know now. Sad to hear - I liked his music.

ChefBeckyD said:
Awwww, how romantic!:love:

Thank you - I could complain about all the things he doesn't do, but one thing that wouldn't be on that list is show me how much he loves me:love:.

Related to Jeff Healey: A Life to Remember

1. Who is Jeff Healey?

Jeff Healey was a Canadian musician, singer, and songwriter known for his unique style of playing the guitar on his lap due to being blind. He was also an actor and appeared in several films and television shows.

2. What is "Jeff Healey: A Life to Remember"?

"Jeff Healey: A Life to Remember" is a biography written by his close friend and manager, Roger Costa. It tells the story of Healey's life, from his childhood and rise to fame as a musician to his battle with cancer and untimely death at the age of 41.

3. Is the book only about Healey's music career?

No, the book also delves into Healey's personal life, including his relationships, struggles, and passions outside of music. It provides a well-rounded and intimate look at the man behind the music.

4. Can I purchase the book through Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef does not sell "Jeff Healey: A Life to Remember." You can purchase the book through various online retailers or at your local bookstore.

5. Is "Jeff Healey: A Life to Remember" suitable for all ages?

The book contains some mature themes and language, so it may not be appropriate for young children. However, it is a great read for adults and older teens who are fans of Healey or interested in his life and legacy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
AJPratt