• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update on Marion: C-Pap, Lasix, & Baby Steps

In summary, Marion is doing well with her C-Pap treatment and has noticed a significant improvement in her sleep quality. She has not experienced any side effects from the Lasix medication and has been closely monitoring her fluid intake. Marion has also been adjusting well to the "baby steps" approach and has seen some positive results in her health. She can use the C-Pap machine with other Pampered Chef products, but it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and consult with her doctor before doing so.
MamaChef
Thought I would send out another quick update about my husband's grandmother. Marion was put on a c-pap machine last night to keep her Oxygen levels up. It took some time, but they are finally at an acceptable level. If her levels start to drop again though, a ventilator will be considered. She was also given lasyics (sp) to try to decrease the fluid in her lungs. She was originally looking at having surgery on her neck tomorrow (Fri.) but because of the pneumonia complications, that is being postponed. They are also concerned about how the arthritis in her neck could effect the surgery, however it is still a consideration at this point.

On the upside...she is eating better! She's been able to sit up some and eat soup, and she is really enjoying Milk! Her spirits seem to be a little better too...Jeff's mom said she has smiled and laughed some...sometimes it takes baby steps!!!! These are encouraging reports! God is good!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and encouragement! I've been sending some of them to Jeff's mom to share with marion....y'all are a great bunch!!!!:)

Glad to hear she is doing better...

Surprised on the milk in a way...

If the lasics don't do the job, then can drain the lungs with a needle, however, it can be painful...my dad had it done many, many times...

Thanks Janet!She seems to be resting somewhat comfortably now...the c-pap machine is helping...don't know the latest on the fluid. She's a tough ole girl! LOL

Glad to hear the good news. I'll continue to keep everyone in prayer.

Related to Update on Marion: C-Pap, Lasix, & Baby Steps

1. How is Marion doing with her C-Pap treatment?

Marion is doing well with her C-Pap treatment. She has been using the machine consistently every night and has noticed a significant improvement in her sleep quality. She no longer wakes up feeling tired and has more energy throughout the day.

2. Is Marion experiencing any side effects from the Lasix medication?

So far, Marion has not experienced any side effects from the Lasix medication. She has been closely monitoring her fluid intake and has been following her doctor's instructions. We will continue to monitor her closely and make any necessary adjustments to her medication.

3. How is Marion adjusting to the "baby steps" approach?

Marion has been doing well with the "baby steps" approach. She has been making small changes to her diet and exercise routine, and has seen some positive results. By taking small and manageable steps, she is able to stay motivated and make sustainable changes to her lifestyle.

4. Has Marion seen any improvements in her health since starting the update plan?

Yes, Marion has seen some improvements in her health since starting the update plan. She has noticed a decrease in her blood pressure and has been able to reduce her medication dosage. She also feels more rested and has more energy throughout the day.

5. Can I use the C-Pap machine with other Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the C-Pap machine can be used with other Pampered Chef products. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and cleaning of the machine. We also recommend consulting with your doctor before using any new products with your C-Pap machine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD