• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update on My First Show After Thumb Surgery

In summary, Becky updates her friends about her recent surgery and how it has affected her daily life. Despite the challenges, she successfully hosts an interactive show and receives support from her former director and guests. She also shares tips for anyone in a similar situation. Becky plans to continue with interactive shows and hopes to meet her sales goal for the month. Her friends offer words of encouragement and share their own experiences with injuries.
pamperedbecky
Hey everyone!

Since I had been talking about my anxiety regarding my first post-surgery show that was last night, I figured I'd do a quick update. I'm typing (and doing everything) left-handed which sucks and is so slow! For those of you who don't know, right after Leadership, i found out i completely tore a ligament in my right thumb from a fall on the ice at my daughter;'s preschool the day I left for Leadership. :( CRAPPY.

So my surgery was Tues and I really didn't want to cvancel my show last night because she was expecting close to 15 people. I figured this is a good way to do more interactive shows. Well-I'd say i went VERY well! She ended up with about 11-12 people and it'sat $840 so far! My sweet, sweet ex-director who has been out of the biz for 3 years came to help me! That was great because the whole crowd difn't get up to help, but maybe aboiut 3 or 4 did. Karri helped prep stuff and did some of the demo. I was so grateful! One reason I think most didn't get into the interactive thing is because probably half of them have been to my shows in the past 3 weeks where i didn't do much interactive at all. From now on -especially when i don't have a helkper to bring along- I'll tell them they're not eating unless they get up there!! :) I need to set the expectation better from the start and i think future shows will go better. I'm pleased with the sales AND I got a 2/20 booking and the husband of that husband/wife couple that came is a recruit lead!!! my next show is Fri but it's right next door, she already wanted to do it interactively AND my mom is flying back from FL on Monday to help me for 10 days!! Yay. So far my neighbor/host is expecting 13 people.

So, it's been a rough go but it could have been worse. My Jasnuary won't turn out lik I had hoped, but I'm having my host on the 30th close out on the 31st and I really hope to end the month with $3000 in personal sales. Now I need to get on the phone and get more for Feb!!!

As for my thumb, I get the sutures removed on Wed then they cast it for I think 4 weeks, but some of my fingers will be exposed. Right now I feel pulls on my thumb if I use the exposed fingers so hopefully that will stop and i can use those exposed fingers. The cast will go up to about 2-3 inches below my elbow. FUN!! Be careful on that ice out there if you have it!

Thanks SO much for all yopur support and encouragement! It really helps.:) And if anyone finds themselves in the same situation ever, just call me. I can give you good tips on how to take a shower when you can't get your arm/hand wet (a gallon-sized bag wrapped with Press & Seal around the top works wonders!!!) and other stupid necessities you have to do in this situation. :)

AWESOME!!! You rock!!
Now if I could just get myself on the phone...

Great job Becky!And yes, the interactive shows start with the hostess and setting expectations for her and the guests from the beginning. I'm sure it will go better next time. I've been doing mostly interactive shows for a while, so just call me if you need some tips.Hope you're feeling better soon!

Wow Becky, I had no idea! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Tell Vinny that he better be taking good care of you or he'll have Anthony and I to deal with! We'll hop in your moms luggage and go with her! :)

Glad to hear it went well.....:D:D

What a nice thing for your former director to do! And congrats on the leads too!

I feel for you - it's amazing the things that are hard to do w/o both hands. I broke my wrist when I was in college - my hair looked like crap for 6 weeks since I couldn't hold a brush and the blow dryer at the same time.

pamperedlinda said:
What a nice thing for your former director to do! And congrats on the leads too!

I feel for you - it's amazing the things that are hard to do w/o both hands. I broke my wrist when I was in college - my hair looked like crap for 6 weeks since I couldn't hold a brush and the blow dryer at the same time.

Oh bummer! Yep, I'm dealing with the crappy hair issue, too! A couple days before the surgery i went to get my hair cut snd tried to come up with an alternative style because I usually blow dry it straight. So now that I can't do that, I pretty much let it dry wavy and try to bring out the little curl that I have in there. I use the dryer and a diffuser for a few minutes. I do have to say it's easier! But I don't like it because it looks messy and like I really didn't do my hair. Oh well! But, yeah, you realize ALL these things you need your right or both hands for!

pampmomof3 said:
Wow Becky, I had no idea! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Tell Vinny that he better be taking good care of you or he'll have Anthony and I to deal with! We'll hop in your moms luggage and go with her! :)

Glad to hear it went well.....:D:D

LOL! Vinny is doing lots of stuff around the house which is a big help and took a couple days off work (after JUST taking some days off while I was at Leadership :eek:). He'll be out of town for work a couple times in the next couple weeks so that's part of why my mom is coming. I'll tell her you're going to sneak in her luggage! :)

pamperedbecky said:
LOL! Vinny is doing lots of stuff around the house which is a big help and took a couple days off work (after JUST taking some days off while I was at Leadership :eek:). He'll be out of town for work a couple times in the next couple weeks so that's part of why my mom is coming. I'll tell her you're going to sneak in her luggage! :)

Awesome!!! :p:p

Wow Becky, who'd have thought that you'd end up having surgery. I'm glad your show went so well though. Take care of yourself while you heal!!

Becky, I am so glad the surgery went so well! I hope your recovery goes extra quick!

Becky, I'm glad your surgery went well and that your mom will be able to help you. Take care of yourself!!

What precautions should I take when using my hand at my first Pampered Chef show after thumb surgery?

It is important to listen to your doctor's instructions and avoid using your hand for any tasks that may put strain on your thumb. You can also consider using assistive tools or asking for help from a friend or family member during the show.

Can I still participate in my Pampered Chef show if I recently had thumb surgery?

Yes, you can still participate in your show, but it is important to communicate with your guests and let them know about your injury. You may also need to modify your tasks and take breaks as needed.

Will my thumb surgery affect my ability to handle Pampered Chef products at my show?

It may temporarily affect your ability to handle certain products, but there are always alternative ways to handle them. You can also ask for assistance from your guests or fellow consultants if needed.

How should I explain my thumb surgery to my guests at the show?

You can simply let them know that you recently had surgery on your thumb and may need to take breaks or modify tasks during the show. You can also use this as an opportunity to share your personal story and connect with your guests on a deeper level.

What can I do to make my first show after thumb surgery successful?

Be prepared by having alternative ways to handle products, communicating with your guests, and taking care of yourself by taking breaks and not overexerting your hand. Remember to have fun and enjoy the show!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • pamela
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
Replies