• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I've Exhausted My Friends List, Now What?

In summary, the speaker has been struggling to find new people to host Pampered Chef shows. They have tried reaching out to friends and friends of friends, but have had no luck. Suggestions for finding new hosts include reaching out to past customers, asking for referrals, participating in fairs and expos, and approaching people in public places. The speaker also suggests being persistent and utilizing the current host specials to entice potential hosts.
chageman
I have been a PC consultant for 1 month. I have friends that hosted shows. And the guests that attended were friends of mine also. I have called and tried everything I can think of to "pursuade" friends and friends of friends to host shows. But no one wants to. I can't keep calling these people or they will get mad and my friends will start avoiding me.

How can I find new people to host shows? I WANT SHOWS! I want at least 8 per month minimum. Please Help!
:(
Caron

Didn't you get any bookings from teh shows your friends had for you? Did they invite people you don't know?

Have you done any fairs or expos?

Search for 118 to get bookings in the files section and you'll have plenty of ideas.

Have you called every customer who has purchased? Do customer care calls and at the end of each call tell them you'd like to ask them one more question. "Would you consider hosting a Pampered Chef show?" Or, "Could I share the host benefits you could receive for having a show at your house?" You could also call all the hosts and customers to ask them if they could please refer three people to you. Offer an incentive like giving them a free cookbook if one of those three people holds a show with at least $400 in sales. Or offer the mini serving spatula just for giving you three names with phone numbers. Make sure you tell everyone you call about the August host special and the awesome September host special. Try going into businesses. I haven't done it much and when I've done it I have only offered a catalog. I'm still working up the courage. Somewhere on this site, it was suggested to walk up to people at the grocery store and just ask them if they have a Pampered Chef consultant. When they say "no" give them a mini catalog and ask them for their conacat information so you can send them a Season's Best. You can do this? Keep thinking of people to tell about your new business. If you keep thinking you will come up with way more people. I'm still coming up with people to call and I've been going since mid-April.

Also, do your list of 100... there will be lots of people from that to work from...

That is the same thing that happened to us when we first started. We then for about the past year slacked off because as people say Life Happened. But we had a different mindset when we started back full force 2 months ago. Talk to everyone. Get one of those catalog bags and carry it with you everywhere. When people see it and ask if you sell PC say yes and offer them a mini catalog but get their name & number. Talk to the schools, people you know from your children's school, hair dresser, nail tech, doctor's office. Push the specials for the next 3 months. The pots and pans are big and so is the covered pan in ctober. We've been making the 10 minute pork tenderloin & it sells that pan. Best of luck. Just be persistent...it will happen for you.

Joe & Diane:)

If all of the people who came to your first few parties are friends then...yes, I"ll say it...call them again! However, you will think of all of the activities that they are involved in that you are not. For example, you may have one friend who has kids in soccer ask her to give you 3-5 names of some of the other soccer moms that may be interested in The Pampered Chef (she may or may not be comfortable with this, but you must reassure her that you will be polite and respectful). You may have one friend that plays on a sports team she may be able to think of teammates that would be interested in PC.

Just have them HELP you brainstorm. They will be relieved because you are not asking them to host and you will be offering them a gift for each referral that books a party.

Your friends need to trust you when they refer people to you so when you call them do your best not to be a Pampered Pest.

Lady at the BankWhen I was opening my account for PC I asked the lady at the bnk if she was aloud mags in the break room.

She asked if PC is why I was opening the account. She started to look thru the catalog right there and then!!!!

At the dry cleaners I told Sue about my new business as a PC er.

At the pizza palor I asked Frank if his wife would be interested in my catalog and he said sure. I told her about free products and 1/2 price and discounted products if she hosts a party.

It's the everyday people who you know their names but are not typically family and friends.

Our neighbor we never ever see was talking to my husband this afternoon I invited his whole family to my grand opening party.

Tommorrow I'm going to Curves, Demarcos bakery, and my jewelers.

3 new contacts 2 shows a week 1 recruit a month. 3-2-1.

LIVE IT! I'll let you know when it starts working out for me.

Heather:D

I had exhausted my list of close friends and wasn't comfortable doing some of the "cold calling" so I called friends that had told me that they did not want a party and asked for referrals! A lot of the referrals were people I knew, but just weren't in my close circle of friends. ASK!! I bet they know someone who might be interested!

Good Luck!

Even if people aren't in your circle of friends, but you know them. Those are the best people to call because you won't take it as personally if they say "no". It's good practice, and it will get easier to call people the more you practice. I'm finding that it's getting easier to call people not just because of the practice, but I'm less bothered by "no's". I always have something to offer: e-mail newsletter, to call back in a couple months to ask again, tips, recipes (this is all customer care, even before the sale).

When calling people you know but maybee do not know well do not be affraid to tell them you are working on growing you business and that you are working on stepping out of your "comfort zone". Alot of people will really respect you for it. They may not book but they will remember you and your dedication.
I have a friend right now who is a few months into her Jewlrey Buis and this is what she is doing. I know a few of the people she has called and they said they really respected her and appreciated her "frankness".

chageman said:
I have been a PC consultant for 1 month. I have friends that hosted shows. And the guests that attended were friends of mine also. I have called and tried everything I can think of to "pursuade" friends and friends of friends to host shows. But no one wants to. I can't keep calling these people or they will get mad and my friends will start avoiding me.

How can I find new people to host shows? I WANT SHOWS! I want at least 8 per month minimum. Please Help!
:(
Caron

Put flyers up everywhere - post office, stores, laundry mats, Dr. office, etc. You are right - you need to get outside of your circle of friends and family.

Forget your friends and family. They will only get you so far and then you won't know where to go from there.
When I started PC, I had just moved to a new state not knowing anyone. It forced me out! Pretend you have no other options and you'll get very creative.
I wear a PC button, this has gotten me sales, shows, and a recruit lead who may be signing next month.
Everytime I go out I have recipe cards with my info on them, mini catalogs, new and old catalogs, order forms, and door prize slips in my purse.
I leave old catalogs with a sticker 'call me for a current catalog' at dr offices, salons, practically any waiting room. Also, if I'm waiting, I hand out recipe cards to others that are waiting.
I leave mini catalogs in bathrooms, at resturants, where ever!
Look up the 118 ways to bookings thing. There are lots of good ideas there.
Research your city for upcoming events. Trade shows, festivals, anything!
Advertise Kids cooking classes. This has gotten me business from people who otherwise weren't interested.
Then, when you have this contacts, follow up within 24-48 hours. After that, keep your name in front of them. Monthly newsletters, send recipes, offer specials, personal notes.
Good luck!

(1) Host Care Calls. Call everyone who has ever hosted for you and ask if A. They are ready to host again (tell them many of your best hosts --they don't need to know which ones--) host two or three times a year to be sure to take advantage of the best specials... B. They have friends who they think would probably host a show

(1a) you can even do a Host Benefit Night - Mystery Host show, only inviting your past hosts, and make a yummy dinner or Champagne Brunch or something.

(2) Ask for referrals - ask those hosts, ask your friends, ask your dentist

(3) Get out of your comfort box and ask someone who YOU don't know about a recipe, about an ingredient (Have YOU ever made Swiss Chard?) Or about their work, then when they ask about yours or the recipe chat leads itself very very easily to PC.

(4) Call your past customers and do customer care. Get the $ dollar signs out of your eyes, and provide customer service. GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT AND NEED AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT AND NEED!

Wave I was A W E S O M E ! I got my photo taken with Doris - such a graceful, down to earth person!

Related to I've Exhausted My Friends List, Now What?

1. How can I expand my customer base beyond my friends list?

One way to reach new customers is by hosting virtual cooking shows and inviting friends of friends or members of online cooking groups to participate. You can also reach out to local community groups or organizations and offer to do a cooking demonstration for their members.

2. Is there a way to increase my online presence and attract new customers?

Yes, you can create a social media page or group specifically for your Pampered Chef business. Post pictures and videos of your products, recipes, and cooking tips to attract new followers and potential customers. You can also collaborate with other influencers or businesses to reach a wider audience.

3. How can I use referrals to expand my customer base?

You can offer incentives to your current customers for referring their friends and family to purchase Pampered Chef products. This can be in the form of discounts, free products, or even hosting credits. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, so utilize it to your advantage.

4. What are some other ways to reach new customers?

Consider attending local fairs, markets, or events to showcase your products and offer demonstrations. You can also partner with other businesses or organizations to host joint events or product giveaways. Additionally, networking with other consultants or joining online forums can open up new opportunities to reach potential customers.

5. How can I maintain customer loyalty and retain my existing customers?

Provide exceptional customer service and follow up with your customers after their purchases. Offer personalized recommendations and cooking tips based on their preferences. You can also create a loyalty program or offer exclusive deals for returning customers to show your appreciation for their support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76